The Late Partner

Touch

On my way to College the next morning I was on edge. I eyed everyone around me suspiciously and wondered if any of them were B.A.P members. I didn’t know what they looked like so I just didn’t trust anyone.

I entered through the college doors and as usual people whispered, but on that day I heard something that really made me giggle. Apparently EXO-M had threatened the two girls yesterday on the sports field. They threatened them by “saying” that if the girls continued to gossip about me then they wouldn’t think twice about hurting them. I rolled my eyes at the exaggerated rumours I heard and just went to my locker.

“Why is she so important to EXO-M, she’s just normal if anything she’s kind of plain.” I heard a girl whisper beside me and I slammed my locker door shut.

“Yah, if you have something to say, say it to my face.” I scolded the girl and walked away towards my dance class.

 

Eunhyuk caught up with me on the way to dance and tried to talk to me.

“SoAh, I’m sorry about yesterday; I was just annoyed. Will you forgive me?” he pleaded and I stopped to look at him for a brief moment.

“I’ll forgive you, but I won’t talk to you. I need space from you. You’re different to how I thought you were, you were so quick to judge EXO-M and you didn’t even know them. My Appa used to say that people who are like that aren’t good people.” I finished and walked into the dance studio.

 

I got changed for dance in my dark grey, cropped jogging trousers and a baggy, white, graphic vest. Jia entered the changing room and I avoided eye contact with her. I knew she would have just lectured me and I didn’t want that.

I exited the changing rooms straight away after I was dressed and sat against the wall of the studio alone. I watched as Jia and Eunhyuk sat beside each other with their dancing partners and I wanted to go over, but I was determined not to give into them so easily. I was old enough to choose my own friends and wouldn’t stand for it when they tried to influence my decisions.

 

The teacher entered the studio and immediately instructed everyone to resume their routines that they started last lesson. I sat alone because Luhan hadn’t turned up to the lesson.

“Did they fall out or something? I knew there was nothing going on with them.” One girl spoke as she danced with her partner who didn’t even seem to care about the rumours. It proved that girls were more the type to gossip and guys generally didn’t care.

 

----------

 

Half of the lesson passed and I was still sat alone against the wall and I watched people dance together. I sighed and crossed my legs as I fiddled with my nails. The door opened but I didn’t care enough to look up. I couldn’t believe I thought he would attend college more often just because I’d spent some time with him.

The room filled with chatter and it aggravated me. I looked up to see who was making all the noise, but met eyes with Luhan.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him and he held out his hand.

“I’m your dance partner aren’t I?” he smirked and I took hold of his awaiting hand. He pulled me to my feet and over to a space on the floor.

“Aren’t you going to change?” I noticed that he was still in his uniform but he shook his head. We started to dance our routine from last week and he improvised some parts, but it fitted well so I was happy.

 

“If you’re up for it, I can teach you some dance moves sometime” He offered and I smiled. He seemed to be happier that day and I wondered as to what the reason was. We danced for a bit more but Luhan often looked at the clock. Did he have to be somewhere again?

“Do you have to go somewhere?” I asked him curiously but he just shook his head.

A smirk formed on his lips some seconds later and he looked back at me.

“I have an idea” he simply spoke and took hold of my hand. He pulled me toward the changing rooms, when the teacher wasn’t looking, and we walked up to my stuff.

“Where are we going?” I asked him as he grabbed my belongings and pulled me out into the corridor. In the pit of my stomach I felt worried but the feeling of excitement was more dominant than the worry so I looked forward to where we would go. I’d never ditched lessons before except for the day before on the sports field. It felt kind of exciting.

“Trust me, you’ll have fun.” Luhan promised as we ran out of college...

 

Please Subscribe and Comment