Who Do You Work For

The Jungs

Elegance is a glowing inner peace. Grace is an ability to give as well as to receive and be thankful. Mystery is a hidden laugh always ready to surface! Glamour only radiates if there is a sublime courage & bravery within: glamour is like the moon; it only shines because the sun is there. 

-C. JoyBell C.

 

Blanc et Eclare Security Team.

 

Seo Joohyun, the woman in charge for this big private firm dedicated for the security of the whole Jung family, shifted from her swivel chair and faced the big screen with three audio-only areas displayed in a wallpaper with a microphone icon. 

 

"Let's start reporting today. Lisa, where's CEO Joohyun by this moment?"

 

Lalisa Manoban. She's a Blanc et Eclare scholar who swore her loyalty to the company once she finished her studies. There are times when Jiro tried to bribe her to work for his firm instead but Jessica made it clear that she needs Lisa more on her side since her technology forte is for forensics than business strategics or program developing.

 

She clicked some icons on the big screen and the company cctv exposes a lady in her stylish office attire focusing on her laptop with her secretary discussing a thing or two about her schedule today. Seohyun took it down on her logbook and dialed Yeji's number.

 

A lady in her white corporate attire, stylish shoes and light make-up, enough to emphasize the sharp orbs that screams elegance is none other than Hwang Yeji, Seo Joohyun's secretary. She's Seohyun's errand girl who is bound to go to any branch of the company anytime of the day and has been given a position that has a power which matches that of an executive, a level lower than a director. 

 

"Yeji, I need you to talk with CEO Joohyun's secretary. Cancel any appointments from 3pm. Chairwoman Jung would like to occupy her time." 

 

Yeji started her business. From a café not so far away from the company, she pulled the keys of her brand new Koenigsegg Agera RS from her purse nodding her head towards her twin brother. Hyunjin rolled his eyes.

 

"Why would you bring a racecar if you don't know how to drive it?" Hyunjin stood up anyway, grabbing the keys off Yeji's hold and marched his way to the vehicle. "Where do we head?" He asked. Yeji followed him and settled herself comfortably on the luxury seat of the vehicle. She might be requesting to buy a customized seat where Hyunjin can perfectly fit.

 

"Main building. CEO Seo wants to make adjustments with Irene's schedule." 

 

"Why do you get paid a lot by just talking and walking around the company?" Hyunjin scowled to his twin while Yeji just giggled with a wink.

 

"The CEO heard you. Lunch is on you for the firm."

 

Hyunjin shrugged and sighed. "I'm gonna poison you all."

 

"That's recorded."

 

"Then go and sue me." They can't, they know Hyunjin won't.

 

Without wasting any moment, Hyunjin started the car and drove to their destination. Yeji, even when wearing heels of about four inches, did not have any trouble walking like she's on a runway just to speak with her boss's secretary.

 

A newbie.

 

The lady is evidently shocked by how Yeji was able to access her locked room so she assumed Yeji must be of a higher rank in the company. Irene's secretary stood up and bowed her head acknowledging her presence.

 

"You're new here. Where's Kim Yerim?" She asked the secretary. The secretary is nonetheless all bubbly and smiley giving Yeji a proud look on her face.

 

"She's promoted, ma'am. How may I help you?" Yeji thought she might give this secretary a bit of a scare but Seohyun immediately spoke through Yeji's earpiece forcing her not to waste time. Yeji grunts out of frustration, spilling her agenda to the clueless girl infront of her.

 

"Clear CEO Jung Joohyun's schedule after 3PM. Lead her to Chairwoman Jung's office." Yeji showed her signature eyesmile to conclude everything and was about to walk out of the room when the rookie secretary spoke.

 

"Consider it done ma'am, CEO Jung instructed me to clear out her schedule for the whole day." The eyesmile of her own appealed to Yeji. This is one of the few times a company personnel managed to talk back to her. Usually, people would be having their legs tremble with her mere presence. She's quite impressed.

 

"What's your name, sweetie?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Park Sooyoung." To add more intensity with the conversation, the secretary looked straight to her eyes, her sweet eyesmile long gone and replaced by her sharp gaze.

 

Yeji grinned and finally walked out of the room. Unknown to Sooyoung, the proud stylish secretary left a little gift on her automatic glass door. She let out a huff and collapsed lazily on her swivel chair.

 

"Gosh, people here are d*mn bossy and don't know how to knock." She irritatedly focused back on her work or more likely, her boss's paperworks. She bore the trouble of clearing out her schedule so to be able to stand her job a little longer, she could at least try to comply.




 

Hwang Hyunjin passed by the annoyingly grinning Hwang Yeji, this time in his apron and bus cart on the way to his usual assignment.

 

"What's for breakfast, chef?" Yeji teased.

 

"Something you won't get to taste. Fxck off." 

 

"Hyunjin, you know you can be a bit more professional while inside the building." Seohyun scolded from the earpiece. Hyunjin just heaved a sigh. If Jessica heard him, he might be fired for good but it won't be a losing end for him as well since the honorable woman is the culprit why he is serving rich spoiled kids(in his own description) their daily meals instead of basically living up to his profession. 

 

Just a few months ago, he was in an interview room looking for a position in the medical or technology firm.

 

He heard from his twin, Yeji, who was able to get 6 zeroes out of her first paycheck by working in this company. Unfortunately for Hyunjin, there is no opening for any of the appropriate firms that suits his field of industrial strength. 

 

"W-wait! My sister works here. She's working with the uhh… Security sh*t!" He managed to ramble out of panic.

 

The manager interviewing Hyunjin raised his eyebrow and after a few moments of staying still, he nodded his head and cleared his throat.

 

"Very well, follow me."

 

Hyunjin was ready to run for his life when he was led to a room where his sister stands beside a woman who looks like will cause a lot of trouble for him. Boy was he right. Yeji is there, giving him the piercing look that screams "We need to talk after this." But he knew better, Yeji will be able to keep up that calm front because that is just how professional she is.

 

"Hwang Hyunjin, so you were rejected by two of our firms and you still wanted to get a position inside the company."

 

"Yes, ma'am." He bowed his head desperately and Yeji could only hiss in silence. 

 

"You're a chemical engineer. You can normally just get a job with power plant companies or those associations that could put your skills into good use. Why would you be way too eager to get hired here?"

 

"I'm driven by money, Chairwoman Jung." Hyunjin stayed in his position, not moving a finger which made Yeji almost stomping on her place. Jessica can only raise an eyebrow and her left hand, preventing any of Yeji's future actions.

 

"Don't you think you'll fail job interviews when you use that as an answer? Yeji, prepare me a coffee." The new secretary of the great chairwoman is now wearing the most priceless reaction Jessica has ever seen from her. She was about the make a step away and her brain activity progressed drastically not until Jessica said another word.

 

"Oh, your twin might be a greater secretary. Mr. Hwang, do you mind if you make me one coffee? You will be receiving a very great reward if you were able to get the correct combination. Mr. Han, please lead him to the kitchen." Just like that, Yeji and Hyunjin's world fell apart. 

 

Jessica turned to the poor girl and her sharp gaze pierced through the latter's soul. "Say, Ms. Hwang," right when Jessica just learned to be comfortable calling her Yeji? No, her boss can definitely do better than that. "what are you more scared of? Mr. Hwang getting my coffee wrong, or him," she grinned like your typical antagonist from any kdrama. "getting it all right?"

 

For the love of night fury, Hyunjin entered the room with a cup of green coffee. Yeji is rather having a proud look on her twin. She knew he must have a good reason. The case is the chairwoman herself.

 

"Do you really think I would be into green coffee, Mr. Hwang?" Jessica looked like she would slaughter the man in front of her in mere seconds.

 

"No, Chairwoman Jung." Hyunjin replied politely.

 

“Then why would you give me a green coffee?” Yeji stepped closer to Hyunjin and nodded, serving her boss the beverage prepared by her twin.

 

“Before explaining myself, I would suggest Chairwoman Jung to get a taste of the coffee.” Jessica raised an eyebrow but took a sip anyway. Her expectations are not satisfied either.

 

“This is far from the coffee that someone would serve their boss. I am not even into green coffee, Mr. Hwang.” Hyunjin, apparently, looked victorious.

 

“That is not entirely wrong, ma’am. But you look too pale for someone who works in a business industry." At this point, Jessica thought the Hyunjin was making fun of her. The female twin begins having beads of sweat on her face. If her twin can't pull this off successfully, it would be the end of her as well.

 

"I just lack sleep, Mr. Hwang. There's nothing to insist about this nonsense. If you are going to work for me, serve me what I ask for." Jessica gestures to Mr. Han to the young man out.

 

"It isn't just lack of sleep, Chairwoman Jung." Not moving a step, Hyunjin interrupted.

 

"Iron deficiency. You are anemic, aren't you? Normal coffee would be having an enormous effect on your system if being taken daily. But green coffee has chlorogenic acid, a factor to sustain your hemoglobin level and platelet count. It's a dietary polyphenol effective in keeping your blood from any mineral disturbances. Hence, drinking green coffee can help you stand the stress even if you're suffering from anemia." Yeji visibly grinned proudly. She might not understand a thing but she knew Hyunjin did something to give the chairwoman a blow on her ego.

 

"I said, I want a coffee that would satisfy my taste. Not one that would make you lecture me about chemistry. Mr. Han take him out or call the security if you must." The obedient worker bowed, honoring his boss' command.

 

"Chairwoman Jung. You cannot just invest with the medical industry when you want to raise a fashion business. At some point, you looked into it just so you can expand your business and keep your main field ongoing. With your anemia, you cannot stay in your position without considering taking medications and sustaining your health." Hyunjin bowed and walked out of the room on his own, leaving Mr. Han following him on his way. 

 

Once they reached the company's entrance, Mr. Han stopped him. "Mr. Hwang, it won’t be long until Chairwoman Jung gives you a call. What you did earlier is impressive. If I am in her place, I’ll hire you right away. Here’s my business card. Entering the company isn’t just all about talent and dedication. You also needed a good list of connections. Once you’re in, you would need to decide who you will work for. Just some friendly advice.” Mr. Han’s business card shows the company’s logo with his name below it. Han Sanhyuk. Hyunjin made his last bow before making his way out of the building.

 

Back in Jessica’s office, the woman barely holding her temper asked her secretary to get rid of the coffee. “Wait up, Ms. Hwang. How was he able to get the coffee of my taste?” Yeji politely bowed before speaking. “Chairwoman Jung, Hyunjin believes that if he follows the steps of a successful person, or eats food and drinks like they do, he will become successful as well. The coffee that I usually serve you is the same coffee that we drink at home.”

 

“It’s impressive that he was able to get the same exact combination with a green coffee. Tell me, what drives Mr. Hwang to get hired in this company?” Yeji now getting up from bowing for a while faced her boss with conviction. “Hyunjin, he wanted to get back with the orphanage that took care of us to become successful adults. It is bound to get demolished if we can’t make up enough money for buying the land from Yugbyeoul Engineering."

 

"Yugbyeoul, you mean Hwang Miyoung?" 

 

"Yes, chairwoman." 

 

"What would they do with the land?" 

 

"I tried making some research about it. They are going to use the space as a simulation for an architecture that they are trying to develop."

 

"Yugbyeoul Engineering. How many orphans are there?"

 

"If I'm not mistaken, there are around 700 children there." 

 

"Call Hyunjin, Jiro, and Joohyun. Tell your twin to go here by 8AM. We needed to process the formalities with his first day as a member of BEST. Tell Seohyun to gather journalists by Friday."

 

"Chairwoman-" 

 

"Do it now, Yeji. Before I change my mind."

 

"Hyunjin and I owed you more than our lives. We swore loyalty to you and to the whole company." Yeji once again bowed and Jessica's eyes softened. The younger lady proceeded on doing her task. Jessica truly is drawn to people with principles parallel to hers, she's drawn to kindness.

 

"Tiffany Young, be ready. We're going to have the public itself opposing your plans. New architecture scheme, huh?" She traced circles with her hand watch with her finger. "Dream on."


 

Hyunjin wears his most expensive suit that day. He was led into the basement of the building. There, he was able to see Mr. Han again, leading him to a room, apparently seems to be where all the private company meetings are held. 

 

"I supposed Yeji told you about what's going to happen from now on." Chairman Jung welcomed her in the room dressed in her Shein contrast feather tweed cape coat, Totême cashmere turtleneck, and Farfetch Jimmy Choo heels. 

 

Looking so elegant, he knew for sure that he's going to work for not only someone with a lot of money but someone who knows how to use power and gain it. To say that he's intimidated is an understatement. Hyunjin stood there in disbelief. Professionalism in him is shaking.

 

"Take a seat, Mr. Hwang. We have lots to talk about today." Mr. Han led him to a chair beside his twin before the man himself sat beside him.

 

"First, I want you to sign this contract. It will serve as the signing bonus for 30 million won. All our BEST members are having their company roles masked. As per Yeji, she's in the secretariat department. I have heard from the head of BEST, Seo Joohyun. You will follow everything she says. I will warn you now, Hwang Hyunjin. Try to give a word about this hidden department of the company and that will be the end of you.” Jessica’s glare pierced through Hyunjin’s remaining courage making him gulp nervously. “Your monthly salary would be 50 million won-”

 

“65 million, take it or leave it.”

 

“You’re acting like a spoiled brat to another parent, Mr. Hwang. We are not a cheap company. Mr. Han, revise the contract immediately to 70 million won.”  Yeji is grinning in the background while Mr. Han nodded in response to his boss.

 

“Yeji, discuss to him what BEST is.”

 

“Yes, Chairwoman Jung.” The lady stood in her seat and pressed the remote to turn on her presentation. With the same remote glows a red laser pointing on the details showing up on the screen.

 

“BEST stands for Blanc & Eclare Security Team. We are a secret department made behind the papers and homogenous in all the departments already included in the Blanc & Eclare official list. A regular employee’s id would lead them to the floor of their department using the elevator. When you try a BEST member’s id, you will be automatically led to the basement floor. We are assigned to take care of B&E’s public image, stock ranking, and media standing. As of now, B&E has over 500,000 employees so sustaining the company’s performance skyrocketing is BEST’s task. We boost each department’s capabilities and work to protect the company from all the schemes the media, government, and rival companies perform to bring us down. We work independent of office hours so if the company calls you by 2AM, you will go to the company by 2AM. You will be given a key to one of the company cars but you have to bring it back to the company sharply by 10PM. Each car would be having a suitcase by the backseat containing up to 50 million won cash. You have to report to CEO Seo about the expenses you made for the day or else the contract will take no effect and you will be sent to prison for embezzlement. You might think about exposing the department in the public but nobody will believe you and after you get out of jail, B&E’s influence will take over as per no company will agree to hire you even as a waiter. Any questions?”

 

That moment, Hyunjin was able to see a side of his twin that he hasn’t seen before. He never thought what he wanted to pull off this time is not just a sword of luck but a double edged one. Mr Han came back with the updated contract with the 75 million won in figures printed in bold. He was plainly looking for any local job position in the same company but he was given something else. Upon reading the whole contract, he made up his mind.

 

“Are we doing jobs against the law?” Hyunjin asked Jessica.

 

“Mr. Hwang, who makes the law?”

 

“The government, Chairwoman Jung.”

 

“Wrong. It’s power that makes the law. It’s against the law to kill someone but if you killed the person who tried to kill you, that counts as self defense. We do not cross the line if there isn’t a line in the first place. And who makes those lines?”

 

She grinned, taking a pen and giving it to Hyunjin, gesturing to him to sign the contract.

 

“It’s the enemy like Yugbyeoul Group. We won’t just accept you in BEST as an employee. From now on, you are a part of B&E family.” Hyunjin signed the papers and Jessica stood up making the young man follow her. The chairwoman carefully places the lace of HYunjin’s new id around his neck and offers a handshake for him.

 

“Welcome to BEST, Hwang Hyunjin.”

 

Just right in time, Jung Jiro and Jung Joohyun enter the room wearing their own branded attires.

 

“I mentioned that you are a family now, right? Meet my son and daughter, the CEO of B&E Tech and ICT inc. and B&E Fashion Line. I heard you valued a certain orphanage that was bound for an architectural experiment. That gave me an idea that with the collaboration of two of our subsidiaries, we can make up our own B&E Engineering. Let’s get all seated, shall we?” Each and everyone took a seat and listened carefully.

 

"Listen, the chairwoman, you might not think of her this way but she's actually pretty elegant and meticulous about these things." Sanhyuk introduced while Jessica clicked the remote for her presentation.

 

"Supyeongseon Orphanage is the next target of Yugbyeoul. They bought the land and offered the staff and children to get transported into another place. Secretary Hwang, please tell us more about the offered place of retirement.” Jessica taps on her podium as a signal for Yeji to speak.

 

“Yes Chairwoman Jung. Yugbyeoul found a space in Guryong which would be unlikely for the welfare of the children. As of 2019 there are lots of criminal cases reported mostly in this city that have been dismissed due to either lack of witness or feasible evidence. Moreover, to sustain over 700 children in this place would be giving this private orphanage a hard time since resources are expected for scarcity.” 

 

Jessica smiled knowing that the information would support their project. “Contact Lawyer Park and tell him to look at the files if we can use this information if Yugbyeoul insists in proceeding with the project. The other option given by Yugbyeoul to the orphanage is to buy the land which apparently falls within the borders of the city. That would be roughly around 3 million dollars or 3.3 billion won. This would cause a big blow with both the government and our expenses if we are to do it their way. Mr. Han, is Seohyun still out for a meeting?”

 

“Yes chairwoman, should I excuse her?” The chairwoman shook her head and continued with the agenda.

 

“There’s no need, tell her to gather up as many reporters as she can to document the feeding program that we’ll do this coming Friday. Jiro and Mina’s birthday will be very special this year.” She grinned getting off the next slide. While Jiro and Joohyun shared eye contact.

 

“After the news featuring the feeding program hosted by B&E to the kids, hire journalists that will emphasize the need for renovation. 700 children, say there are about 50 orphanage staff that will be added there. CEO Joohyun, how many rooms do we have in B&E Hotel?”

 

“Around 500, chairwoman. We can set them up to have five people per room and we’ll only use up to 150 rooms in total.” The female CEO replied.

 

“Excellent. CEO Jiro, have you contacted Miui designs?”

 

“Yes, they sold an engineering blueprint for a very reasonable price so I used up the funds from my firm. They signed a partnership as well so they could test our equipment for the project. It will take a month and a half for a complete renovation.” Jessica can’t be any more proud of her son and daughter. They talk like professionals and act like one. She can see a bright future with B&E.

 

Hyunjin raised his hand and Jessica gave him permission to speak. “Chairwoman Jung, where do we get the funds for all these? It may not take 3 million dollars but housing the whole orphanage and processing the renovation may take quite a fortune.”

 

Jessica grinned, satisfied by the newbie’s question. “As per that, we are not going to spend a single penny.” She started dialing on her phone, her eyes not leaving Hyunjin’s.

 

“Yes, Senator Jung… Right, this is Sooyeon. Are you up for another project? This will be quite expensive though.” Jessica’s reaction glowed even more. “I guess there won’t be any problem then, this coming Friday, Senator Jung Taekwoon will be known as a hero for the poor and the orphans.”

 

Jung Taekwoon. 

 

Entering the company isn’t just all about talent and dedication. You also needed a good list of connections.

 

Hyunjin has his mind all over the place. He felt like vomiting all of a sudden trying to capture all of the information all at once.

 

“We need to execute this sequence perfectly and Yugbyeoul won’t be having anything to counter this plan. After that, we can work on Miui designs to make them the pioneer firm for developing our own B&E Engineering.” The people within the room clapped with the idea being planned perfectly by Jessica. There’s no going back now for Hyunjin. He’s now an official part of BEST.

 

Months passed but Hyunjin is assigned with a managerial position looking out for Jung Harin. Everyday, he would prepare a meal for the BEST members and his boss. Here he is in his office watching the poor man focus in his papers. 

 

“Your lunch is here, sir.”

 

It must have been a full moon last night that the man decided to stop in his work and started setting up the table himself. “I’d only eat this if you will come eat with me.”

 

This made Hyunjin smile but he tried acting cool like a professional to keep his image in front of his boss. “I apologize but I have already at-”

 

Orange spots. Zolpidem*. Who’s trying to drug Mr Jung?

 

“Actually sir, I’m starving. I haven’t eaten anything for days. Thank you for offering the meal to me.” Hyunjin started digging in the food. “You know sir, it’s hard to keep this job when I make the food for everyone but I cannot eat the food myself.” He ranted out of character.

 

“Are you complaining now, Mr. Hwang?” Seohyun interrogated through the earpiece and Hyunjin almost choked on his food. That is the first time Harin laughed that day.

 

When he managed to get out of his room, he is already trying to hide the fact that he is having a headache trying to fight off sleepiness. Mr. Han welcomed him with a deadly glare, gesturing to him to turn the earpiece off and follow him to his car.

 

He complied immediately.

 

When they got in the vehicle, Mr. Han exploded with his anger. "Who do you work for?" 

 

Hyunjin’s eyes widen upon realizing the identity of the person responsible for the Zolpidem on Mr. Harin’s food.

 

“I hate this job.” He thought to himself.

 

“Look, Hyunjin. There is not much time left. You are the only person our boss can count on right now. He is the current owner of the orphanage that turned you into the man you are. The least you can do is to be in his favor.” Mr. Han gave him a blue folder.

 

“One fingerprint. Just one fingerprint and that marks the mission accomplished. Understood?” Hyunjin defeatedly nodded.

 

“Good. Now get off here or you’ll be damned.” The young man was kicked out of the car while Mr. Han set off to his agenda for the day.

 

“I’m already damned this way. The did I get myself into?” Comes a sigh. Hyunjin eyed the folder with a couple of documents printed neatly representing the name of this insane company. Who do you work for?


 

。。。

 

Leo, also known as Jung Taekwoon is an honorable senate president of the Republic of South Korea. Everyone must have known him for being the silent guy that he is. He is not much of a conversation or speech type of person but his actions are dedicatedly for the good of his nation.

 

Or so the people thought.

 

“Well hello there Senator Jung! It has been years since I met you in person.” Minju greeted his father the most unique way that the BEST guard beside her had to hold off her laugh. Jiae can only shake her head in shame.

 

“You tell me, Ms. Amy Jung. Is that all you learn in L.A.?” Leo laughed his heart out. The housemaids were surprised to finally hear their master’s voice surprisingly enthusiastically.

 

“No, not at all. I learned that American barbeque has a bit more juicy texture than Korea’s. Should we try to test this? I bought some on my way home.” Jiae’s attention finally got trapped in their conversation and Leo was able to capture that detail. His smile now goes from ear to ear upon getting to spend time with the girls he valued the most in his life. One day would be enough.

 

“My backyard sounds good for a barbeque party.” He called the head maid and instructed her to prepare the place for his very important guests.

 

“Right away, Senator Jung.” 

 

Off they went to the backyard.

 

Minju was still inside preparing the meat they’ll eat for their mini barbeque party. Leo and Jiae patiently waited for the youngest family member. 

 

“Have you given it any thought?” Leo started off a serious tone, piercing a look to his eldest daughter.

 

“Yes, and my answer is still no.” Jiae, not lifting her gaze from her phone, responded nonchalantly. 

 

“C’mon sweetie, it’s for your own good. People in the business industry are monsters.”

 

“As if being a politician or marrying one is not going to turn me into a monster you and mom are.” Jiae finally shifted her gaze, shooting his father the same piercing look.

 

“That’s the first option.” Leo insisted.

 

“I wouldn’t like to take over B&E like what you suggested. Not in this lifetime, dad.”

 

“LET’S GRILL SOME BARBEQUE!” Just in time, Minju managed to cut the two's heated argument. Jiae would not wish to drag her little sister into this big mess and Leo would like to keep it hidden to his youngest daughter for the meantime. Both of them are forced to smile their frustrations for the sake of the person they both wanted to protect.

 

Leo automatically stood up to help Minju with the utensils. “Are you sure these are edible?” Jiae giggled with the question while Minju can’t help but to throw a fit. “Dad won’t get a bite of this, eonni. We’re the only ones eating.” The youngest threatened her dad, throwing him a firm glare.

 

How Jiae wished things would always be easy like this. 

 

“Hey, let me join, this is my backyard!” Leo sulked childishly which made Minju giggle along her sister. Jiae decided to join the family scene and stood beside Minju. “The sauce smells edible enough. To make sure nothing will go wrong, why don’t you sit there while dad and eonni cook the meat?” Minju threw the glare at her sister this time earning a laugh from Leo, one that resembles his daughters’. This is exactly the reason why Leo wants to convince Jiae through his plans. He wanted to keep this family and possibly convince Jessica into their little family he wanted to work with her. The only problem would be Jessica and her other children that he doesn't want to invite in his family.

 

It isn't that cruel, is it? 

 

He is powerful, he has the influence in South Korea, he got the reputation so why? Why would Jessica not want to settle in his household? What does he lack?

 

"Dad, here, have some." Jiae fed him the first cooked meat. He's suddenly cutted out of his trance. 

 

"Wow, that's actually more decent than I thought it would be!" Leo exaggerated by widening his squinted eyes.

 

"You two can stop mocking now and dig in!" Minju whined. “Oh, eonni. Let’s cook some for mom too? I just learned this American dish. I’m sure she’ll like it.” 

 

“Just make sure you won’t burn dad’s kitchen down.” Jiae responded without shifting her focus on the grill.

 

“I’m actually here, girls.” Leo stated with disbelief.

 

“Dad’s backyard, our backyard.” Jiae said. 

 

"Dad's kitchen, our kitchen." Minju added.

 

As soon as Jiae finished cooking the meat, she placed the big plate on the wooden table and they started their mini lunch date as a family. This is one of the few moments all three of them would treasure and would wish to repeat in the future. 


 

。。。

 

“CEO Minatozaki is here.” Park Sooyoung announced to her boss about the arrival of her fiance.

 

“Baby! You’re busy today too? I can go and sleep at your place so I can make dinner for you!" Sana showered Irene with hugs and kisses. Irene looked at Joy for help by which the latter immediately responded.

 

Joy cleared catching Sana's attention. "CEO Jung, chairwoman Jung is waiting for you and CEO Minatozaki." Irene stood up from her seat and fixed her clothes. "Mom wants an explanation for the sudden engagement. I thought it would be better if we talked about it together." Irene explained and the Japanese woman nodded.

 

"Chairwoman Jung is already in her office back in the villa. Minhyuk will be driving you home." Irene waved her hand. "Tell Minhyuk we'll drive separately. He can tail on us if he wants." Joy bowed and dismissed herself. "I'll tell him right away." And so she did.

 

The couple made their way all the way to the parking. As soon as the two are settled in, Sana pulls Irene aggressively in a heated liplock. Irene's hands are cupping Sana's cheeks while Sana's are resting on Irene's nape. After a few moments of expressing their affection, the need of air causes the two to stop.

 

"Are you jealous of Joy?" Irene managed to ask between her pants, her forehead resting against Sana's. 

 

"Is there something I should be jealous of?" Sana raises her brow, making Irene smile. "Definitely not, we're going to get married anyway. I'm yours." Irene assured. 

 

Unknown to them, in a car just a few distance away from theirs, someone is clicking on his camera. A guy with B&E ID knocked on his car's door. The stranger lowered down his window shield and was welcomed with a man showing him a police ID. "I'm officer Lee Minseok. I have here the record of you taking photos of CEO Jung and CEO Minatozaki. This can officially charge you against Article 10 and Article 17 of Personality Rights under Korean Law. If you wish to go out of this building free of any possible cases, I would have to confiscate your camera and ID for investigation." The stranger is actually from a local journalism firm. Minseok successfully deleted the copy and listed the information of his ID. He dialed a number on his phone and the journalist rushed his way out of the building.

 

"Hello, Minhyuk. Everything here is fine. You can now send them home safely." 

 

"Alright, we're heading out."

 

Two black cars started moving. One is CEO Jung's and one is B&E's company car.

 

Minseok is left in his place, heaving a sigh. "Never knew babysitting CEO's a part of our job."

 

"Are you complaining to me now, Mr. Lee?" Seohyun asked through the earpiece.

 

"No, CEO Seo. I'll head to my next assignment."

 

"Good, now off to Lawyer Park." Seohyun gave her employee a breather.

 

。。。

 

"Eunbi-ah! Have you ordered some fish cakes?" 

 

"No, mom. I ordered pizza." A faint shout responded to Taeyeon's question.

 

"I'm sorry sir but I don't think that's my daughter's order." An Asian woman in her 50's smiled before closing the door on the poor delivery boy.

 

Another doorbell made her grunt and she opened the door forcefully. "What!?"

 

"Pizza delivery for Kim Eunbi?" 

 

"Here's your money. Now, go." She shut the door close and locked it. Finally peace.

 

Eunbi stepped down the stairs only to see her mother preparing the food.

 

"Eunbi-ah, do you really have to call for a delivery every time? I'm retired and have nothing to do all day. You can at least ask me to cook." The young girl hugged the old woman who didn't look like she aged at all.

 

"Mom, it's Sinb now. I'd like to get called that way. Besides, I don't want you to do all the houseworks. You can go to a spa or just chill anywhere when you're bored at home." She smiled warmly.

 

"Do you not like Kim Taeyeon's dishes?" Taeyeon pulled off from the hug and tried to keep a serious face.

 

"No, I can't live without Ms. Kim Taeyeon's homemade food!” The older woman melts when her only daughter flashes her infamous smile. They both took a seat and enjoyed the takeout on the dining table.

 

“Mom, I’m going to Korea.” Taengoo almost choked on her food.

 

“And missy, who told you I’m allowing you to go?” She raises an eyebrow, putting down the share she’s savouring.

 

“Relax mom, we’re just going to do some volunteering stuff and then I’m back here in one piece. I just have this junior who keeps bugging me to help her.” Unbothered, SinB took another bite of the pizza. 

 

To say that Taeyeon is unconvinced is an understatement. She doesn't want SinB to go anywhere else at all.

 

“You know Minju is like a sister to me now.” 

 

Taeyeon succumbed in silence, guilt consumed her. She wanted to say no to her daughter but that would be beyond cruel. Without the girl knowing, Taeyeon took everything from the poor young woman. 

 

“Fine, but that’s just for three days. Three days and you’re back here.”

 

SinB’s eyes glowed with excitement. For the first time in her life, her mom will let her go to South Korea alone. All by herself. Exactly what she needs for a short break from every stressful thing.

 

“Are you serious? I’m going to pack my things now mom! OMG, I WASN’T ABLE TO RECORD THAT-” She ran upstairs straight to her room and the excited woman is now occupied with her task in mind.

 

Taeyeon’s smile is snapped. The coast is clear and her worries intensify. She had one last resort when this day finally came. Quickly, she dialed the number she won’t ever forget.

 

“Hello, Choi Sooyoung?”

 

“Who’s this”

 

“It’s Kim Taeyeon.”

。。。

 

Jiae was tired. She was eyeing the recorder in her hand. No, she wouldn’t be a puppet to her dad either. She is her own person and nobody should be telling her what to do and what not to do. There are a lot of things both her mother and father wouldn’t understand. Who wouldn’t want a complete family? 

 

It is one of her desires in life; to be able to be successful enough, far more successful than her parents, and show them what a real family is like. No weird businesses, no politics, no crazy sacrifices. Too bad those people she calls her family have a different definition of that term compared to hers.

 

Her house is too big to be called home. Lots of corners, rooms, floors, and lots of people she wouldn’t expect to be there. Suffocating, as she says in her own language.

 

One of which is this young lady, so beautiful and stunning. Have she not known it was her sister’s fiancée, this daydream would take her to nowhere.  

 

“I told you mom, yes, we’re here now to explain the need to rush things.”

 

“Just be careful, you wouldn’t know what those ‘Jungs’ can do.”

 

“I’m careful, I’m careful. Are you sure you really want to continue with this plan? Mina would be a better target. I mean— she won’t fight back.”

 

“Stop your nonsense, Sana. That Jung Mina is smarter than Irene. Don’t even try.”

 

Jiae bit on her lip, holding her emotions in. She isn’t supposed to know these things.

 

“Fine. Once this whole thing is done, you’ll send me to Japan, right?”

 

“I promise, love. Now do it for the company. You know how many workers will be affected if you fail this.”

 

The employees. Business people like her mom and Sana’s always use them as an excuse for them to be able to achieve wealth that is not merely theirs. She pities those innocent people. But at least their family isn’t like hers. Jiae knew, and if she had a choice, she would go down to their level just to have a peaceful, happy life.

 

However, life is unfair as it is.

 

“I’ll do well, mom. Take care.”

 

“Bye sweetie.”

 

A loud beep ringed. The recorder stopped. Sana was about to look in her direction however Mina came in the picture.

“Hey eonni. Do you have a moment?” Mina looks hesitant but Sana looks like this is the best part of her day.

 

Jiae knew Mina saw her and the latter nodded slightly, making sure Sana wouldn't notice. The former then made her escape from the same hallway and thousands of things are running inside her head.

 

Who should she give it to? Irene? Her mom? Her dad? Should she blackmail Sana? Tiffany?

 

“Excuse me ma’am, but the company needs to take that.” A hand appeared in front of her.

 

“Seo Jisoo.”

- - -

Sorry for just updating after months. There have been lots of things happening throughout that timespan. I'll try my best to update atleast once a week! Hope you'll like this update.