Confusion

Falling Apart

MINHO'S POV

I woke up and went downstairs. Usually Key was up before me and cooking breakfast so I went to go see what we were having. I heard whistling. When I walked into the kitchen- Taemin was wearing Keys apron and he had a skillet over the stove. And egg was simmering on it. He flipped the egg like it was a pancake, then started whistling again.

I sniffed."Mmmm, smells good," I said. Taemin started forward.

"Ah, hyung," he gasped, putting his hand over his heart and bending over a little. "You scared me! I didnt know you were up yet. I wanted to have breakfast ready before anyone woke up, even Key." He said, looking a little dissapointed.

I smiled, hoping I was forgiven. He smiled back, a cheery smile...but there was something more. What was it? I couldnt tell if it was good or bad, but it was almost-forboding.

"Well, since your the first one up, here." He said handing me a plate with an over easy egg on it.

"Thank you, I will eat it well." I said. I ate quietly, listening to Taemin's whistling. As soon as I was finished, Taemin tried to grab my plate. I playfully grabbed his hand so he wouldnt take it. He went still, staring at our hands. Then he pulled his hand away and pulled the apron over his head. He left the room, leaving the stove on. I watched as he grabbed a coat and headed out the front door, stopping then turned around and reached into his school shoe. He looked up at me, making eye contact, and as he realized I was watching him, he grabbed the whole shoe, and left with it.

I decided to spy on him. Something was definately up with that boy.

I put on some socks and opened the door as silently as I could. I placed my foot delicately on the ground so as to not make noise, then gently pulled the door shut behind me. I tiptoed to around the corner of the front of the house and-

Taemin was there, pulling a white stick out of his shoe, and something else out of his pocket...a lighter.

The white stick was a cigarette. Taemin was smoking?! He put the between his lips and brought the lighter to the other end, using his lighter free hand to shield the wind. He lit the thing and put the lighter away. Then, grabbing the cigarette between his pointer and middle finger, he took a deep drag, closing his eyes. I felt my stomach flip. He held his breath for a few seconds before letting a deep breath, smoke blowing out of his nose. Taemin, how are you already experienced enough to do that? I felt like I was the one with smoke in my lungs as my breath wouldn't come. I couldnt watch this anymore.

"Taemin!" Taemin gasped in smoke and choked, coughing violently. As he gained his composure, he looked at me intensly and looked livid.

"WHAT!?" He demanded, I didnt know if he was mad that I interrupted him, or that I found out his secret.

"Taemin you know better than this! This is not good for you!" I nearly shouted. He looked down.

"I know hyung, I just-"

"How did you even get these?" I asked. Taemin just shrugged. I snatched his shoe and shook out a half empty pack.

"What in the world? Why would you-"

"I had a tough week, OKAY?" Taemin said grabbing his shoe back from me. I picked up all the cigarettes and tore them up and threw them into the gutter.

Taemin looked more than a little annoyed. I walked right in front of him and grabbed him by the shoulders and made him look me in the eye.

"Do NOT smoke ever again. PROMISE me!"I demanded. Taemin nodded.

"I promise, I wont smoke anymore." He said sincerely. He looked into my eyes, he looked thoughtful, then turned away and walked inside. Why cant he even look at me? What did I do? I walked inside and Onew was there in the kitchen. He sniffed.

"Theres that smell again! Not steak....more like- a grill! I wonder if someones having a barbeque." Onew said.

Stupid.