Details, Details

Falling Apart

I don't know why I started this, I just kinda was thinking about things and I hope you likke it.... ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jonghyun was sitting on the sofa, flipping through channels on tv, Key in the kitchen cooking as an eager Onew sat at the table, fork in one hand knife in the other, Minho, similarly seated with a pair of chopsticks. Nothing at all out of the ordinary scene at the Shinee dorm...accept-

"Where is Taemin?" Key shouted from the kitchen. Jonghyun shrugged.

"I think he said he was staying at school late for tutorials." Onew said, impatiently hopping in his chair, waiting for his steaming plate of rice, beef and cabbage, banging his siverwear on the table childishly.

"Hyung, don't act like a baby when I am being the mother, you are older than me, you fool!" Key teased Onew, a serious expression made the farse more comical.

"But I'm hungryyyyy!!!" Onew whined, slightly laughing. "Umma, hurry uuuuup!" he said in the same whiney tone.

Suddenly, the door opened and Taemin trudged heavily through the entrance, kicking off his shoes and going up stairs to put his things away.

"Annyoung!" Key said, but Taemin didn't seem to hear him.

Key continued, peparing Onews platter and setting it before him, doing the same for Minho.

"Jonghyun, if you want to eat you better come in here." Key called. Instanty, Jonghyun hopped out of his cozy possition and jogged to his seat and sat quickly, mimmicking Onews stance of holding his silverwear eagerly.

Each member looked up, noticing it was taking Taemin longer than it shoud have to put away his school things.

Just as Key stood up to go get him, Taemin hopped downstairs and they could all tell why he had taken so long.

Taemin's blonde hair was dripping, his shirt he had just changed into had dark puddles where his hair touched his neck. He smelled good, like he had used some sort of fruity body gel.

"Why did you take a shower before eating?" Onew said in a muffled tone, allowing a peice of cabbage to fall from his over stuffed mouth.

"Uh- I felt dirty, we had physical education today, hyung. I didn't want to ruin the food by smelling all sweaty!" Taemin smiled and giggled in a way that sounded somehow false.

"Did you use my body wash?" Key asked. Taemin nodded, still smiling, and by the mellow look on Key's face, all was forgiven. As long as he admitted it, Taemin knew he was safe. Jonghyun sniffed Taemin.

"Mmmm you smell good, Taemin-ah. Come, sit next to me." Jonghyung patted the chair next to him and continued eating. Taemin sat as Key served Taemin and himself. Key took his seat and they all chowed down.

"So (swallow) how wash your djay" Onew asked, trying to keep food in his cheeks as he spoke.

"It was fine." Taemin said, focusing on stabbing a peice of beef with his fork.

They continued munching quietly.

Onew finished first. He noticed Taemin had hardly eaten any of his food.

"You gonna eat all that?" He said, gesturing to Taemins plate. Taemin smiled and shook his head as he handed Onew his food. He stood to go back upstairs.

"Woah woah woah, aren't you going to help with dishes?" Key said. Taemin nodded silently and took up Jonghyun and Minhos plates just as they finished, then proceding to take Key's plate, and walking over to the sink, looking ike he was about to drop the three plates.

"I didn't mean you had to do them all," Key said, looking at the empty place on th table where his own empty plate had been previously. Key was usually the one to do most of the dishes, and now Taemin was offering to do them himself?

"I know, hyung, but I need to take some responsibility around here. Besides, I thought it would be nice if you got a break today!" Taemin's smile never faultered, even as he scrubbed dishes, he happily grinned to himself, moving his head from side to side, as if whistling a happy tune in his head.

Key felt a strange intuition that someting was different. Some thing was slightly off about the cheerful disposition that was not out of the ordinary in any way for Taemin, but still...there was something-

Taemin stacked the clean plates and then, just like that, he ran upstairs and into his room.

Strange.

 

Everyone had left the kitchen now accept Key, who was busily whiping the table. As soon as he finished, he decided to go check on Taemin.

He reached for the doorknob, and tried to turn it-

What's this? The door was locked. Why would Taemin lock the door? Well, he IS a teenage boy, Key thought for a split second before realizing how much he did NOT want to think about Taemin-doing that.

Key knocked on the door frame.

"Taemin?" He listened...no response. He knocked louder.

"Taemin?" Still no response. None at all. No shuffling, no nothing. Hm Key thought he must be asleep. Key walked back downstairs to the living room, where everyone else was just sitting, chatting, laughing.

"Is Taemin coming down?" Minho asked.

"No,"Key replied, "I think he's just tired. Like he said, he had physical education today. That always really wore me out."

Minho looked down at his hands. Then he stood.

"I think that sounds like a good idea. We have concert rehersals tomorrow anyway, we shouldnt stay up late." And he walked upstairs. Feeling melloncolly at everyone going to bed, Key trudged upstairs too. Soon Jonghyun and Onew were alone in the living room. They looked at each other, realizing now there was really nothing to do, and each stood to go to their own rooms.