Chapter 8

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jungeun doesn’t know what is her relationship with Jung Jinsol now, they’re far from acquaintances already (yes, acquaintances because they never address each other as “friends” and just “my daughter’s other mother” since from the very first meeting they had), and yet they’re still not officially dating.

They exchange little kisses on the cheeks and hugs now especially when they’re alone, but still, the lawyer can’t put a finger on what is their real status now.

She had shown some hints to the older woman many times already, and it all started when they shared a hug on Jungeun’s house, yet she thinks Jinsol never catches the actions of Jungeun that obviously shout “JUST TAKE ME NOW, JUNG JINSOL! MAKE ME YOURS AND LET’S LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER WITH OUR DAUGHTER!”

The brunette swears she never acted like that before, being sweet and clingy towards a person. Jinsol is her first and knowing that the author doesn’t have any experience too (and being too oblivious), it makes her feel frustrated.

Sometimes she just wanted to write “SWEET YET DUMB JUNG JINSOL, FOR EVERYONE’S SAKE, DATE ME NOW” on a cardboard and shoves it right in front of her daughter’s other mother’s face so it can finally make her notice.

Jungeun prays every night for the author to finally ask her out on a date and make them official.

And if Jinsol doesn’t make any move soon, the lawyer might do it herself instead. Welcoming Jinsol to her office then announce that they should escalate their relationship now and that’s it.

But no, she holds a big ego. Jungeun will never ever make something that will embarrass herself.

So she better wait patiently and just show her feelings towards the older by her little actions and let the latter catch them and realize what she really want and deserve.

“Jungeun? You okay?”

Jungeun snaps back from her daze when she feels a hand hold hers. Running her gaze to see who owns it, she discovers that it is the same woman she thinks about for some minutes now.

Jung Jinsol, the cutest dumb author that Jungeun ever met and like.

“Yeah. Sorry, just too tired from work.” The lawyer gives the worried raven a smile before she continues eating her lunch. Completely lying to the older and silently cursing her.

The raven and their daughter went to Jinsol’s apartment earlier to cook their food for that noon and they’re now eating on her office.

“Are you sure?” Furrowing her eyebrows towards Jungeun, Jinsol squeezes the hand that she’s holding for a bit to show her concern.

No really. Why don’t you ask me what do I want instead, Jung?

Jungeun nods and squeezes back. “Yes, I’m sure.”

“Okay, if you say so.” And with a soft smile on her lips, Jinsol goes back on feeding their child but this time, holding Jungeun’s right hand.

She’s so sweet but very oblivious. I want to cry right now.

“Do you have any appointment later?” The author turns her attention back to the lawyer and tilts her head.

“Hmm? I need to go to the police station later. I’m meeting someone there.” Jungeun answers. Jinsol hands the spoon to her daughter who gladly accepts it with her two tiny hands while chewing and she faces the younger.

“New case? You just finished one, right? Lawyers are so busy, huh?”

“No… Yes? I don’t know if I’ll consider it as a new case. I kept rejecting it since last month.” The brunette sighs while thinking about her case for that month and Jinsol just watches the woman before she speaks again.

“Why?”

“I can’t defend a murderer, Jinsol. That person doesn’t deserve an attorney to defend her.”

A reason why sometimes Jungeun hates her job, she needs to defend the bad ones instead to give justice to the victims. She swore that she will be a fair lawyer, so why would she break her own promise?

But mostly even how big the payment was offered to her, she refuses to defend them.

It’s just that the new case she’s handling right now keeps pulling her and she feels that there’s something behind it. And she needs to accept and do it.

“That’s… quite hard to do, huh? Be a murderer’s lawyer?”

Jungeun nods at Jinsol as her answer and she replies, “But they said the accused keeps saying she’s innocent so they want to open the case again and investigate it. God I hope she’s telling the truth.”

“Hmm good luck then, I know you can win it.” Kissing the lawyer’s hand that she’s holding, Jinsol wishes Jungeun luck.

“Thanks, but I hope I won’t.”

͟

After they finished their lunch, Jungeun left and went to prison where she will meet her new “client”, leaving Jinsol and Yerim to entertain themselves in her office as per usual. The pair just played and ran around before the child got bored and asked for her mother to go out, which Jinsol agreed quickly.

“Where do you want us to go, baby?” While carrying her daughter and leaving the building, Jinsol asks Yerim.

“Aunt Vivi!”

Ah right. I almost forgot.

Jinsol immediately nods to the child in her arms and gives her kisses while walking to her car, tickling Yerim on purpose which causes the child to giggle and scream.

In times like these, the author only wants it to last forever and just listen to her daughter’s cute sounds. She’s too in love with their daughter and happy to have a “family” with Jungeun, she doesn’t want it to end.

Jinsol regrets how she wished shouldn’t have searched for her daughter when she and Jungeun had a fight. She didn’t have do that, especially that after she got Yerim and Jungeun, she realized that having a “family” is greater than being alone and exhaust herself to work.

Maybe she should ask Jungeun later or sooner to be her girlfriend and secure their relationship.

Yep, that will do.

Jinsol opens the passenger seat of her car and puts her still giggling daughter inside before she buckles her seatbelt. “Safety first, or mommy will kill me.”

“Yerim won’t let mommy kill Bruni. That’s bad.”

Jinsol just smiles at her daughter’s pureness and lands a kiss on Yerim’s head before closing the door and walks around. As she was about to open the side of driver seat, she feels someone watching them. Or just her, making her looks around but finds no one.

The author just shrugs her shoulder to herself before she rides her car and drives to Vivi. She’s singing along the radio with her loud daughter while they’re on their trip.

͟

“Good afternoon, attorney Kim.”

“Good afternoon.” Politely smiling at the police officers and other officials that she encounters inside the correctional facility, Jungeun greets them back with the same energy and she goes straight to the interrogation room where her client is waiting for her.

If she’s being honest, she really doesn’t want to spend her afternoon there and just stay at her office with Jinsol and Yerim. But the feeling inside her tells her to come and finally accept the case that she keeps avoiding since God knows when.

“You’re finally here, attorney. The accused is already inside and waiting. I’ll stay here outside if something happen.”

The lawyer thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter