Chapter 9

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungeun already reserved her weekend for Jinsol. Even though she’s handling a complicated case that month, she pinned in her mind that the upcoming weekend would be only for the older and for their daughter.

She can’t wait anymore, and she made a list of plans on how to ask Jinsol to be officially hers.

For the first plan, Jungeun listed “Make myself more pretty” with a doodle of lipstick beside it.

She may already know that Jinsol likes her back and she has a very high chance that the author will go to accept her confession, but because of her self-consciousness, Jungeun still wanted to make sure that Jinsol will find her gorgeous and very attractive when she see her.

This is her first, and hopefully the last. So Jungeun won’t let herself down and fail her plan on asking the other mother of her child to be hers.

It is Saturday already and she’ll spend her hours to make herself more presentable and beautiful for Jinsol, and she wishes herself a good luck.

“Kim Jungeun, you better hurry now or we will be late for your appointment.”

After asking for her best friend’s help, Jiwoo gladly accepts her favor and immediately set an appointment to the best salon that she knows in the city.

Last night, Jungeun asked Jinsol if it’s okay to the older if she can take care of their daughter the next day and of course, Jinsol agreed without hesitation. So today is her free day and Jiwoo will go to accompany her for the whole day, buying new clothes and change her hairstyle, her secretary slash best friend will help her about everything.

For Jiwoo, the whole day will going to be exciting. As it is Jungeun’s first time to do make over and other plans which she read on the lawyer’s list, she finds it cute.

And she’s happy that her best friend is taking steps now to do relationships.

Since the first time they met each other, never in her life Jiwoo see Jungeun entertain someone. And no one caught Jungeun’s attention before, so maybe Jinsol is really the one for her best friend.

How sweet, they’re each other’s first in everything. Jiwoo thought to herself while watching Jungeun and Jinsol when they had a whole squad bond few days ago. Everything about the pair makes the red head adores them and their little “family”. So she’s more than willing to help Jungeun in everything.

Jiwoo hopes that the two will have the best and prefect relationship that Jungeun dreamt about when they were still young. Her best friend deserves everything, the world, and most importantly, the best.

The Kims make their way to the salon that Jiwoo said to Jungeun performs magic when they do make overs to their customers. Discussing about what haircut and hairstyle would fit to the lawyer, both of them had the noisy and full of giggles ride. Both too excited and enthusiast about what they will go to do for the whole Saturday.

“Maybe blonde will suits me.” Jungeun says while grinning towards her best friend and Jiwoo answers with thumbs up.

“It sure will and I’m confidently betting that Jinsol will love it.”

Jinsol will go to fall more to Jungeun and admire her. They’re pretty sure about that and looking forward.

͟

The second plan will be finding for a gift that will make Jinsol jump because of too much joy.

After going to the salon and buying few outfits that Jungeun and Jiwoo think that the raven will find attractive, the best of friends then go to the other side of the city and search for a gift for Jinsol. The lawyer doesn’t know much about the author yet, so she’s still doubting about the plan and still clueless on what to give to Jinsol.

Walking around the streets and looking for anything that will find their interest in the shops, it becomes quite difficult for them to do the second plan.

Minutes of searching turning into an hour, the two decide to take some rest for a while and call for a help now.

Sooyoung.

Jiwoo calls her girlfriend and asks about what Jinsol loves, telling that she and her best friend have no idea about that stuff.

The performer, who already knew about Jungeun’s plan, gladly gives them some ideas and suggestions.

“Jinsol loves nerdy stuffs. She used to save her allowance before and buy gundams and legos. She also loves couple things and accessories. So maybe buying her wristwatch or gundam kits will do.” Sooyoung sayd from the other line and the ’99 duo nods even though they know that the older can’t see them.

“Thank you so much, Soo. I owe you one.” Jungeun thanks the performer.

“No worries, Jungie. Good luck. Please be safe while outside with Jiwoo.”

“Aye aye, babe! Thanks again. Love you!” And Jiwoo hangs out her phone after bidding bye to her girlfriend.

“I think I know now what to buy for Jinsol.”

And the two best friends start to find what Jungeun looks for to present to Jinsol later.

͟

And last but not the least, cooking dinner for Jinsol and their beloved daughter Yerim.

The lawyer still has couple of hours before the older will drop their child on her house, so cooking their dinner for that night is very much easy to Jungeun. Especially that Jiwoo will assist her and be her taster.

Jungeun plans to cook Korean foods and prepare fresh fruits as their dessert. She only serves Korean food when Yerim ask her to and when Jinsol craves for some. Jungeun may be born in Western country but she still knows how to love and appreciate foods from her race.

She can still remember how her mother used to teach her how to cook those kinds of foods when she was still little. Loving the foreign taste and completely in love with Korean dishes, Jungeun studied how to perfect her cooking and serve the most delicious Korean food in LA. So she’s rest assured that Jinsol will like everything she’ll place on her plate later.

She’ll make everything more delicious and tastier.

“So how is it?” Asking Jiwoo how her cook tastes, Jungeun patiently waits for her best friend’s comment.

“Jungeun…” Fixing her gaze to the older, Jiwoo continues, “It tastes perfect! Jinsol and Yerim will love everything!”

Relieve and happy after hearing what the younger screamed, she pat herself on the shoulder mentally.

Proud about what she did.

“Thank God.” Jungeun whispers while still wearing her huge proud smile. “Go and grab a Tupperware. Take some for you and Sooyoung.”

“Thank you, Jungie!”

͟

Without Jungeun knowing, Jinsol also plans to confess to the lawyer that day. Her plans are almost as similar as Jungeun’s but crossing out the cooking dinner. Instead, she planned to bring Jungeun and Yerim out on a family dinner date.

The morning Jinsol picked Yerim from the lawyer’s house she drove straight to the mall to buy new clothes for her and for her child. Buying new button up polo and casual pants, she then bought Yerim a simple plain shirt in pastel purple color and denim shorts with shoulder straps. Also buying matching chunky sneakers with hers colored in black, while Yerim is white.

“Do you think mommy will love this kind of shoes?” Jinsol asks to her daughter who is sitting on an empty chair and surrounded by many paper bags.

Thinking about having match items with Yerim and Jungeun makes the author feel excited. As she finds it very cute, it also shows that they’re connected together. So Jinsol wants them to have same things.

 

The child nods immediately after thinking about her other mother and they’ve decided to buy Jungeun a black pair too. They will surprise the lawyer aside of the main gift that Jinsol will b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter