Chapter 3

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyday Jinsol visits her daughter on Jungeun’s office and sometimes when they both got free day, especially the lawyer, they spend their time together as a family. No one question them about what are they now, and if there’s a rumor spreading around, they just ignore it and let the news pass. For the raven and the brunette, they’re already contented about what they have and used to.

As long as they can spend time with their child and give Yerim what she deserves as a ball of sunshine to everyone, they’re okay with everything. Even if it’s kind of complicated to explain to others, the pair just stays in the relationship that what they have now.

But they can’t be just like that forever, right?

Especially that they share a daughter.

And see each other.

Jinsol can’t just ignore her feelings towards the younger.

After weeks of visiting every single day, the raven obviously caught a romantic feeling towards her daughter’s other mom. It was love at first sight, she can still remember that. But every time she studies and discovers something about Kim Jungeun, it makes her fall deeper.

Jinsol believes that there is something in Jungeun that made her want to wife the lawyer up as soon as possible.

So she better start moving now and get the intimidating yet attractive woman she crushes on.

“So… how are you and Jungeun?”

Turning to the doctor who’s sipping her own Americano, Jinsol tilts her head on the side.

“What do you mean, Haseul? We’re fine, as usual.” Jinsol responds. Totally confused about what the younger meant.

Sooyoung who only listens to her two best friends’ conversation, let out a chuckle and starts to shakes her head. “Nothing else? Like improvement about your relationship with her?”

“No offense, but you’re so coward and slow, Jung. I haven’t seen you date anyone since high school!”

Thinking about their previous years when they were still in high school, Jinsol remembers how she used to reject her admirers, both boys and girls. No one can get Jinsol’s attention away from the Biology books and other nerdy stuffs.

The raven LOVES Biology and Gundams, how can she choose temporary relationships over those collectibles?

And yes, Jinsol have collections of books about science and Gundams that she built since she was still 10 years old.

But other than being immersed in reading and building, she also used to attend night parties, the only thing that prevented her to be called as their campus nerd.

Night parties that made her met and befriended with their school council president Jo Haseul and everyone’s crush Ha Sooyoung. The three of them are totally different from one another and the only similarity that they had is they were born on year 1997. Nevertheless they made a strong bond together and up until now, their friendship is still strong.

“What’s with dating and you keep pushing me to date one?” Jinsol asks, trying to run away from Sooyoung’s question.

“Well it is very important that you put a label on your relationship with Jungeun. She’s your daughter’s mother after all! What if someone suddenly appear and woo her? Then she decide to settle down with-“

“Stop right there.” The author raises her hand to stop her older friend from talking and she sighs. “I don’t think our child would approve that.”

The stage performer scoffs while the doctor rolls her eyes upon hearing their friend’s continuation. Both of them cannot believe that they have a coward friend.

“As if Yerim can control her mother’s life and decide for Jungeun.”

“Just give it a try, Jinsol. Try to make a move and any improvement with Jungeun.”

The author remains silent after that and she just sips on her tea while thinking about marrying a certain woman.

͟

Bringing her daughter on a date became their usual routine. Jinsol will visit the law firm and play with her child if Jungeun have no meeting or trial for that day, but if she finds that Yerim is alone in the office, she’ll quickly carry the excited sunshine to the place that Yerim suggest. Just like today, the lawyer asked Jinsol to watch their child while she’s having an important appointment and the author immediately nods while offering to give Jungeun a ride, which got rejected.

“I can drive myself there, just date with Yerim and be back at 5. No more sweets for that kid, Jinsol. See you later.” Watching the brunette leaves the office, Jinsol slowly free the breath that she unknowingly holds while talking with the younger.

“Bruni, let’s go.”

But first, Jinsol needs to make her little princess first.

“Yes, sweetie. Where do you want us to go today?” Jinsol asks while carrying her daughter and locking up Jungeun’s office.

“Yerim wants to surprise mommy.”

“Huh? Why?” Making their way to the elevator, the duo meets Sooyoung and Jiwoo on the hallway.

It only took a few minutes for the couple to show their adoration towards the little kid in Jinsol’s embrace and they quickly let the mother and daughter leave as Yerim explained that they will buy Jungeun a present.

But before Jinsol can walk pass her older best friend, she saw a sly smirk in her lips.

“Good luck, Jung.”

“Drive safely!”

͟

“So what do you think mommy likes?”

It is the first time that Jinsol let her daughter walk by herself and both of them are trying to search to present to Jungeun later when they get back to the firm. Crossing their arms in front of her chest while standing in the middle of the mall, people keep looking at them with amaze on their faces. Too entertained watching Jinsol and Yerim stare at the stores around them.

“Bruni?”

“Yes baby?”

“Can we start strolling now? It’s getting boring.”

Looking down at her pouting daughter who’s looking up at her, Jinsol let a laugh before she nods and they start walking around. Looking at every store’s windows and try to find a perfect gift for the lawyer, sometimes they enter the stores too. Yet they always ended up with nothing.

They tried to look for some blouse and heels too, but Yerim always shakes her head every time her mother shows something. And trusting her child about knowing what Jungeun loves in fashion, Jinsol let Yerim decide.

“Yerim, how about this- Yerim?”

Looking at her side while holding up a pair of red stilletos, Jinsol was greeted with no one.

“Yerim? Shoot.”

Realizing that her daughter is nowhere around her, Jinsol immediately puts the item back to its rack and starts searching for her child. The department store is big and Jinsol is pretty sure that Jungeun will kill her if she goes back to firm without their child in her arms.

The author is not that religious and doesn’t pray that much, but while trying to find her daughter and running around the place, Jinsol prays mentally to all the Gods she knows for help to find her daughter and save her from death.

“Yerim?! Honey! Where are you?! Mommy will kill me if you don’t show up! Jesus Christ, help me.”

Jungeun will nag at me again. And will kill me after. Father, I still want to live longer.

Continue running around like a mad woman, Jinsol breath slowly shortens and she’s getting tired already. Yet there’s still no sight of Yerim around.

I never believe in Poseidon in my entire life, but I hope he’s with me right now.

Stopping from her tracks and putting her hands on her knees to take some deep breathes, the raven starts to shake while thinking that she completely lost her child and death will wave at her anytime soon. She’s not ready.

She hasn’t asked the in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter