Tori Matsuzaka

Shinobi Shippuden

"Hey YOU!!"  An old man yelled as a swift red blur passed by.

"What is it?"  A shinobi, chuunin level about, with his friend, another chuunin, asked the old man.

"That boy!  That cursed Jyuubi took my apples!!"  The old man yelled loudly so everyone heard and started to whisper about Tori.

The chuunin looked angry, "Not this again. Lets go find him."  Then they both left to catch Tori.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ha ha!"  Tori said as he was clear in an alley.  "Two apples!  Sweet!"  He yelled as his stomach growled.  Its been 3 days since hes last had a decent meal.  He tried to go around asking for food but as always everyone would push him away or ignore him, giving him dirty looks.

As he was about to take a bite in one apple, someone punched him.  Tori flew and skidded on the ground, dropping the apples in the dirty mud.

"Ahh!  WHat the hell was that for!"  Tori yelled as he stood up wiping the blood on his mouth.

"Stupid Kid!  no matter how many times we tell you not to steal you do it anyway!"  the chuunin before yelled with his friend.

"Who cares.  Its just apples anyway."  Tori said as he stood up taking the muddy apples in his hands.

"Tch."  The Chuunin gave him a bloody glare and walked over and wacked the apples from his hands.

"You should learn some manners kid.  WE are chuunin."  The other chuunin said walking up to him.

Tori looked down at the apples and grew angry, he looked up at them glaring.

"Oh. does the Jyuubi want anything to say to us?"  The Chuunin asked in a baby voice, mocking Tori.

"Stop calling me that!  Why does everyone keep calling me that stupid name!"  Tori yelled.

"Why?"  The chuunins said with a mischievous look on their faces.

"Because-"  

"Stop it Yamato, Kanata."  A man with a ruddy mustache came up to them.  "Do you want me to tell the third hokage what you were just about to do?"

The Chuunins looked on with fear, "No sir!"  They said in unison.

"Then hurry and go!"  The man said.  Then they left in a flash.

"Tch.."  Tori remarked as he, too, started walking away.

"Tori!"  The man called out.   Tori stopped in his tracks, "What do you want now?"  Tori asked as his back was still turned and his hands were in his pockets.

"You missed class again!"  The man said then he looked down and saw the apples, "Stealing again?  How many times do i have to tell you-"

"Will you just shut it Kenichi-sensei?  Ive learned my lesson. Yaddi yaddi yala.  Can i go now?"  Tori said as he turned a bit to look at Kenichi.

Kenichi grew slightly angry but he sighed, "Come back to class.  All your peers have been wondering where you were-"

"Stop with that crap."  Kenichi looked at him as Tori also stared at him with blank eyes, "I know they dont care.  neither should you."  He then turned around and started walking again.

Kenichi sighed and gave up as he also left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*knock knock*

"Come in."  The third hokage said as kenichi walked in his office and bowed.

"You called sir?"

"Yes.  Kenichi."  The third hokage said, "I looked at reports and once again... Tori."  

Kenichi darkened, "I am sorry sir.. I will try to control him-"

"Control wont do.."  The third hokage said.  Kenichi looked at him with slight surprise.

"I know its hard Kenichi... to care for Tori.  After all.. why should you? theres a beast living inside that boy."  The third hokage said.

Kenichi looked down slightly, feeling guilty.

"But... you of all people know what he is going through.. the pain.. of being alone."  The third hokage continued on as Kenichi looked up at him.

"On top of that, the pain of being unwanted.  As much as Tori pretends like he doesnt care. deep inside it is killing him.  not knowing why the whole village resents him and why they keep calling him the Jyuubi.  Please... just try... try to see his good side Kenichi.."  

Kenichi looked down a bit and remembered his past as a nobody.. just an orphan... had his parents die at a young age..  Making trouble just to get attention.

"I'll,... try sir..."  Kenichi said as he bowed and left the office.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright class!"  Kenichi yelled as the class of 14 year olds settled down a bit.  He looked around and noticed something.

"Where's Tori Matsuzaka?"  He asked.  No one seemed to care.  Maki Horikita, a pretty girl, was talking with her friends and stealing glances at Jaejoong Kim who was casually sitting in his chair with his hands behind his head relaxing. 

Then the door slammed open.  Everyone became quiet, even Jaejoong opened his eyes a bit and saw Tori Matsuzaka casually strolling in.  Everyone then started throwing dirty glances at him.

"You're late-"

"Yea yea i know.."  Tori said as he took his seat next to Jaejoong.

*Grr... cant believe a loser like HIM gets to sit next to Jaejoong!  Sooo not fair!!*  Maki thought angrily glaring at Tori.

"I demand you show some respect to your teacher."  Kenichi said as Tori compeletley ignored him and put his head down on his desk.

"Tori Matsuzaka!!"  Kenichi yelled still getting no response, yet he still continued on, "As everyone knows today is the genin exam.  IF you have not mastered the clone and transformation jutsu you will not be permitted to become a shinobi."

"As if i care."  Tori finally responded as he put his head up.

Kenichi sighed,"Why cant you be more like Jaejoong and actually try?"

"What fun is there when i do that?" Tori said still relaxing.

Kenichi looked at him sharply, even knowing that Tori does try hard.. He just couldnt do the clone jutsu all that well.

"Anyways.. We will start the exams."  Kenichi said as everyone then stopped paying attention to Tori.

Kenichi was calling out the students name one by one into the other room  for the tests.

"Hey hey Jaejoong."  Maki said shyly, "Isnt the genin exams gonna be so easy?"

"Hey!  jaejoong dont you think the genin exams are gonna be so easy?" Another girl asked, Emi Takei.  Then Emi and Maki both glared at each other.

"Beat it i asked him first!"  Emi said glaring. 

"Yea. lets pretend thats true."  Maki said glaring back.

They were still arguing as Jaejoong was quietly sitting there not caring.

Tori yawned, "So annoying.. Whats so great about this guy anways?"  He muttered but the fangirls still heard and the room became quiet.

"Oh look the loser talked."  Emi said.

"Jaejoong is the most gorgeous guy ever!  And he'll be the best ninja there ever will be!"  maki yelled with all the other girls nodding.

"You mean second best."  Tori said.  They looked at him confused.  He then looked towards their direction and smirked, "Cause I'M gonna be the BEST!"

The room became still for a moment then everyone laughed, "HAHAHAH!! YOu?!!!  How can a loser like you be the best ninja?!!!"  Maki yelled.

"Yea... thats the funniest thing ive ever heard!"  Emi yelled laughing.

"Tch.."  Tori said slightly angry.

"Let him believe what he wants.."  Jaejoong finally spoke and everyone looked at him, "its already sad that hes a loser.  let him have this one little happiness."

"You're so right Jaejoong!" THe girls yelled in unison.

Tori scowled, "Whaddya say?!"

"You heard me."  Jaejoong opened his eyes and smirked.

'Why you-"

"Jaejoong kim!"  Kenichi yelled out as Jaejoong simply walked down and into the other room.  Tori glared at him the whole way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tori Matsuzaka!"  Kenichi yelled as Tori casually walked down.

"Finally."  He muttered as Kenichi did not have a pleasing look on his face at Tori's attitude.

"Hey hey.. I heard that Jyuubi kid is next."  An instructor, one of the judges of the tests said.

"We cant let him be a shinobi.. think of the danger.."  Another said.

"Agreed."  Another agreed.  Then they shut up as Kenichi and Tori both walked in.

"alright then.. Tori.. Show us the transformation jutsu."  An instructor said with a  look of distaste.

Tori did the hand signs and successfully transformed into Kenichi. Kenichi smiled, *He actually practiced.*  He looked towards the judges but they were clearly unhappy.  

One cleared his throat, "Alright then.. Next.. Clone jutsu."  Kenichi looked worried as he knew that Tori was pretty bad at it.

Tori took a deep breath then exhaled.  He then did the hand signs and made a clone.  Kenichi looked closely and it was perfect!  A perfect clone of himself.  Kenichi smiled proudly as the judges were indeed unhappy.

Tori then undid the jutsu and looked at them with gleaming yet nervous eyes, *I practiced day and night... when i took days off at school all i did was practice.. Im sure i-*

"I'm sorry but you just didnt cut it."  one of the instructors said.  Tori's eyes widened.

Kenichi's eyes widened as well, "But instructor.  Tori performed the two jutsus perfectly well."  

"Yes but the transformation jutsu.. Kenichi.  Your ninja pack was on the wrong leg."  The instructor said as Tori's fists clenched.

"Thats absurd.  A small mistake such as that?  He did a whole lot better than most of the students that passed-"

"Im sorry but Kenichi you are not a judge.  and we all have agreed that Tori Matsuzaka will not become a genin and that is final."  They said.  Tori bared his teeth as he looked down and clenched his fists.  Then he ran from the room and out of the school to the nearby tree with the small wooden swing.  

"Tori!"  Kenichi yelled then he looked at the judges, "Whats your real reason?"

"Jyuubi as a shinobi?  Now THAT is absurd."  The instructor said.

"That's low.. Basing a boy off of that?  you should all be ashamed."  Kenichi said as he ran after Tori.  The instructors' eyes widened at his remark but they didnt say anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tori was on the swing as his head was lowered and tears were b.

Kenichi caught up to him and he was just about to say something but saw the tears in his eyes.  His eyes widened and he felt guilty and ashamed.  He then put his hand on Tori's shoulder, "Tori.. Are you.. alright?"

Tori then wiped his tears away as fast as he could, "What do you want Kenichi sensei?"  He asked as he sniffled a bit.

"I'm.. sorry... the judges can be a bit... harsh.."  Kenichi said as he looked down on him with pity.

"Its always like this."  Tori said with remorse as he bared his teeth.

Kenichi looked on at him.

"Why do you hate me?!"  Tori yelled asked at Kenichi as Kenichi's eyes widened.  Tori stood up from the swing and faced Kenichi as Tori's eyes were changed to a yellow color, rage.

Kenichi's widened even more at that.

"What did i ever do to you?!  WHy the hell do you even freaking call me a Jyuubi?!!  My name is Tori Matsuzaka!!!  Not Jyuubi!!"  Tori yelled as he huffed after all the yelling and calmed down a bit.  HIs eyes changed back to dark brown.

Kenichi's gaze darkened, "I... I'm sorry..."  

"Whatever... it doesnt even matter anymore.."  Tori said as he started walking away.

"Wait tori-"  Then Tori flashed away before Kenichi could say anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nightfall and everyone was asleep, or almost everyone.  Tori was in the forest, training.  He was working more on his clones, sweating and bruised.

"AH!!"  He yelled as he huffed, tired from all the training.  Tori punched a nearby tree as tears came back again.  

"Stop crying you idiot!'  He said to himself as the tears dripped down.  

"Aww.. what a baby."  Tori's eyes widened and he looked behind him, "Whos there?!"

A man fell and landed down on the ground from a big tree and Tori glared at him once he realized who he was.

"Mizuki sensei..  What do you want?"  He asked menacingly as Mizuki  was the instructor who failed him for the genin test.

"Nothing much really Tori... All i want is.."  Mizuki paused a bit then smirked and pulled out a big shuriken, "Your death!"

Tori's eyes widened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes sir!"  kenichi came running into the third hokage's office.

"Kenichi!  Go find Tori quick!"  The third hokage yelled, "He is in danger.. Its mizuki!"

Kenichi's eyes widened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AH!"  Tori flung against a tree all bruised and bloody as he tried to stand up again.  Once he did he leaned against the tree for support, "What the hell.. Do you want??"  

"Didnt i tell you?  I want you dead."  Mizuki said smirking still as he took out three kunais.

Tori put his hand to a wound in his side as mizuki was getting ready to throw the kunais.  Once he did Tori couldnt move because he was injured.  He simply closed his eyes and got ready for what was to come.  When he waited a few seconds and he didnt feel anything he slowly opened his eyes and they widened.

Kenichi covered him and had three kunais in his back!  Kenichi coughed up some blood as he looked at Tori, "Y-You alright?"

Tori's eyes were still widened, "Wh-Why??"

"I-Its alright... This is.. no problem.."  Kenichi said as he coughed some more.

"kenichi sensei.."  Tori said still surprised.

"Tch.. So you came to the rescue huh Kenichi?"  Mizuki said unpleased, "Always coming to the rescue.."

"Mizuki... HOw dare you try to hurt Tori."  Kenichi said as he turned around to face him, a little weak.

"Tch.. Not like youd care.  You want him gone as much as i do."  Mizuki said.

"Not true!  Mizuki.. i advise that you stop now.. or else-"

"Or else what Kenichi??"  Mizuki asked as Kenichi stayed silent.

"Cause you know.. i have a better threat."  Mizuki said smirking, "How about.. I tell Tori about the story of the Jyuubi??"

Kenichi's eyes widened, "NO!"  He kneeled down from his pain, "Thats forbidden!"

"Wh-What??"  Tori said confused.

"TOri how bout it??  Should i tell you the reason why you're hated by the entired village?"  Mizuki said still smirking.

"Shut up!"  Kenichi yelled.

"Wh-What are you talking about?"  Tori wanted to know as he asked Mizuki curiously.

"The village hates your guts! Why??.. Because you ARE the JYUUBI!!  The beast that nearly destroyed our village during the first shinobi war!"  Mizuki yelled.

Tori widened his eyes as Kenichi looked down.

"Everytime the Jyuubi's spirit gets passed down to a different person in this village and now in this age... you're the new host!!"  Mizuki yelled, "Thats why... you must die!!  That power is too much for a teenage boy.. I'll take it off your hands.."

Tori's eyes were still wide.

"No mizuki!  You cant-"

"I can and i will!"  Mizuki yelled.  

"Tori..."  Kenichi said as Tori looked at him, "Run...."  Tori's eyes widened.  " i said RUN!!!"  Kenichi yelled.  Tori took a few steps back then suddenly sprinted off.

"No you dont!"  Mizuki took a shuriken and threw it but Kenichi took the the shuriken in his back.  He then proceeded to take it out of his back grincing out of pain.

"Why protect that stupid jyuubi huh?"  Mizuki asked.

Kenichi looked up at him, "Because... he's my student..."  Kenichi took every ounce of strength to try to stand up, "And... he's precious to me.."

"Dont lie kenichi.. You hate him.  Just as much as every other person in this village!-"

"Youre wrong..."  Kenichi said breathing heavily, "Maybe at first... i didnt care for him... just thought he.. was a worthless boy but... after seeing all the hardwork... all the pain he's had to go through... and putting up with it.."
 

Tori listend from behind a nearby tree as he looked up at the moon with a sad face.

"I... admire him."  Kenichi said as he looked up at Mizuki and smiled.

Tori's eyes widened out of surprise and happiness.

"Tch.. Then.. DIE!"  Mizuki yelled as he threw another shuriken.  Kenichi closed his eyes ready for the attack to come and finish him off but something knocked it out of his way.  Kenichi opened his eyes and they widened as he saw Tori with a kunai that deflected the shuriken.

"What?!"  Mizuki yelled.

Tori looked at him threateningly with his gleaming yellow eyes.

Mizuki widened his eyes then smirked, "I see you came back.. Good... saves me some time in finding you!"  

"No one.... No one hurts my sensei.. you DOG!"  Tori said menacingly as his eyes gleamed yellow.

"So.. Your jyuubi powers are awakening."

"To hell with that.. I dont care if im the jyuubi or whatever.. but right now.. your pissing me off!"  TOri then made a hand sign as Mizuki was caught off guard.

Kenichi's eyes were still widened, *That.. sign...*

"Shadow clone jutsu!!"  Tori yelled as 100 or so clones of him appeared out of nowhere surrounding that whole area.

"Hey Over here!"

"No Stupid here!"  All the Toris were yelling at Mizuki.

Mizuki's eyes widened.. *but this-*

"Scared?"  Tori said smirking, "Well then THIS is gonna FRIGHTEN you!"  Tori yelled as all of the Toris charged at Mizuki punching him as he yelled and screamed.

Throughout all this Kenichi's eyes were widened and he smiled, proud.

"hahaha.."  The Third Hokage said with hearty laughter as he watched the scene through a small crystal ball at his office, *what an extraordinary boy..*
 

After Tori beat him enough Mizuki lay there with bruises and bleeding.

Kenichi then walked up to him, "Mizuki.... You were stupid... first of all for underestimating Tori and second..."

Mizuki looked up at him, "You know you cant extract the jyuubi from Tori's body... its APART of him... you'd kill it AND tori.."

Tori just stood there looking at them.

Mizuki simply gave up and fainted.

Kenichi then looked at Tori and smiled.  Tori's eyes widened and he looked away blushing.  "Tori.. Close your eyes for abit."  Kenichi said.

"Huh why?"  Tori asked.  

"Just do it.."  Kenichi said.  Tori hesitated a bit but did as he was told.  He felt a soft clother over his forehead, "Hey what are you doing?"

"Hold still a bit."  Kenichi said, "There.. done.."

Tori opened his eyes to the morning sun and saw Kenichi's beaming face.  Tori felt his forehead and there was a leaf headband, Kenichi's headband, signifying that he was now  agenin.  Tori looked on with surprise.

Kenichi stopped smiling and looked at him, "Why?  dont you like it??"

Tori then slowly started smile and then finally beamed which made Kenichi surprised, "I love it!"  Kenichi then laughed along with Tori.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------