50 Questions

Puzzle Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Interviewer: Please say your name and age to the camera.

 

Minji: Hello. I’m Kim Minji and I’m 40 years old.

 

Yoohyeon: Kim Yoohyeon. 37.


 

Q1: When did you first meet? Where?

 

Minji: I guess it was in 2011 or 2012? We were trainees at the time so we met at the company. She bumped into me while getting out of one of the practice rooms.

 

Yoohyeon: I’m very bad at dates but I do remember my age at the time. I was 15 and I bumped into her while running late to my vocal class.


 

Q2: What was the first impression of the other person?

 

Minji: Clumsy and cute.

 

Yoohyeon: Bright. Even though I bumped into her, she asked if I was alright and gave me the sweetest smile after.


 

Q3: What do you like about the other person?

 

Minji: How she’s always caring deeply for everyone around her and the way she’s always trying to cheer me up when I have a blue day.

 

Yoohyeon: Her kind and warm personality. Oh boy, I think everyone who works with her, everyone who brushes shoulders with her or even makes eye contact with her gets a shot of sunshine. I will write a book one day about how I feel about every aspect of Kim Minji.


 

Q4: What do you dislike about the other person?

 

Minji: She doesn't appreciate my dad jokes as she should.

 

Yoohyeon: Her dad jokes? but I can't lie and say that sometimes I don't laugh.


 

Q5: Do you think you’re compatible with the other person?

 

Minji: Definitely.

 

Yoohyeon: Of course? We matched from the beginning. 


 

Q6: What do you call the other person?

 

Minji: Yoo.

 

Yoohyeon: Mine. [laughs heartily] Sorry, I couldn’t lose the chance.


 

Q7: What do you hope the other person calls you?

 

Minji: Baby.

 

Yoohyeon: Hyeonie, in her aegyo voice.


 

Q8: What animal do you think the other person is like?

 

Minji: We had animal representatives while we were in Dreamcatcher. And a puppy really suits her. 

 

Yoohyeon: Bunny.


 

Q9: If you bought a gift for the other person, what would you get?

 

Minji: A pair of shoes.

 

Yoohyeon: Hoodies, definitely, since she is always wearing mine.


 

Q10: What’s your biggest flaw?

 

Minji: I can be very blunt sometimes.

 

Yoohyeon: I don’t put myself first.


 

Q11: What’s the other person’s biggest flaw?

 

Minji: She is so selfless that she doesn’t put herself or her feelings first.

 

Yoohyeon: She sometimes can be very careless with her words.


 

Q12: What’s one thing you would change about the other person if you could?

 

Minji: For her to believe in herself more, so she wouldn’t worry that she’s not enough to make me happy.

 

Yoohyeon: That she could rely on me more, it’s not because she is older that I can’t take care of her.


 

Q13: What does the other person do that makes you unhappy?

 

Minji: When she plays too much and forgets to rest.

 

Yoohyeon: When she gets cold. I know I probably did something to upset her, but it upsets me too when we don’t talk it out.


 

Q14: What do you do that makes the other person unhappy?

 

Minji: When I give her a cold shoulder instead of talking it out.

 

Yoohyeon: When I get too caught up in a game and don't cuddle with her when she goes to bed. [whispers] She can be very clingy.


 

Q15: What’s your favorite memory with the other person?

 

Minji: [laughs] I remember the day a fan asked me this while we were doing a Vlive and I said that I would answer them when I was forty. Well, at the time the fan asked me this question my favorite memory definitely was our first kiss. But right now nothing tops the day she said I do.

 

Yoohyeon: [blushes, says in small voice] Our honeymoon.


 

Q16: Where was your first date?


 

Minji: It was very simple but meaningful. We went to get street food after practicing the whole day.

 

Yoohyeon: Well at the time we didn't have a lot of money, so we went to get street food after practicing the whole day.


 

Q17: What was the atmosphere back then?


 

Minji: It was a chilly night, but despite the cold it felt warm. She held my hand with the pretext that she didn't want me to get too excited over the food and left her behind. [laughs] 

 

Yoohyeon: It was special. Everything with her is special.


 

Q18: How things progressed at the time?

 

Minji: We ate and laughed a lot. And I can say that by the end of the night I was absolutely sure that I wanted to hold her hand for as much as time would allow me.

 

Yoohyeon: There was this moment I remember vividly, she was so excited to eat her favorite meal that she couldn’t stop smiling while pulling me by the hand and then she looked back at me and everything seemed to go into slow motion. It was right there that I finally realized that I had fallen deep.


 

Q19: Where do you usually go for dates?

 

Minji: Since when we were younger it was hard to get out and get privacy. So we usually went on dates near our home. We had a lot of liberty when we were in another country for tours, though. 

 

Yoohyeon: Restaurants with good privacy, for special occasions. And usually walks by the river and the park with our dogs.


 

Q20: Who confessed first?

 

Minji: As crazy as it seems we did at the same time.

 

Yoohyeon: We are soulmates so of course we said it together. Like there was this moment in our third or fourth date that we looked so deep into each other's eyes that the next thing that happened was me and her saying at the same time "I like you a lot, please be my girlfriend".


 

Q21: What would you do for the other person's birthday?

 

Minji: Plan a trip and surprise her there. [smirks]

 

Yoohyeon: Invite our close friends and her family and throw a surprise party with her favorite foods and drinks. 


 

Q22: How much do you like the other person?

 

Minji: So much. More than I can put in words.

 

Yoohyeon: A lot. 


 

Q23: Then, do you love them?

 

Minji: More than any of you can imagine. But she does, I never let her forget.

 

Yoohyeon: I could say the cliche "Of course. To the moon and back" but even this isn't enough to measure my l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter