Secret

Puzzle Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Saturday mornings were always the same for Yoohyeon. She would wake up early, have breakfast, text her friends good morning and get ready to go to the local arcade. Not many people would wake up early on saturdays since they were all wasted from the usual friday night parties, so Yoohyeon decided to play as much as she wanted on an almost empty aisle.

That's how she met Kim Minji.

Popular in school for being a rebel along with her friends Lee Siyeon and Lee Yubin. Typical badass with intimidating looks that always got whatever she wanted and however she pleased but barely expressed any emotions besides distaste.

Except she was now raging very hard in front of a pinball machine.

"This ing . This game is stupid! I'm wasting my money for nothing!!!!" Minji let out a sigh as she ran a hand through her hair. Her lollipop almost falling out of . "How can this 'YH' person have over 50.000 points on the scoreboard when I can barely score 50. I am so d-"

"Uh... You know you can't keep pressing the buttons on lightspeed and expect to win any points, right?"

"Sorry?"

Yoohyeon smiled. She was at the top of the scoreboard and she took pride in it.

"This game has a mechanic like every other. Press the buttons only when you see the pinball approaching the flippers to push it forward and score something while hitting the bumpers. Do you know what the bumpers look like, Minji?"

"Not really..." Minji's eyes widened "Wait. How do you know my name?"

"Figured. Here, let me show you."

Yoohyeon could feel Minji staring at her while she approached the machine.

"Everyone in school knows your name. So, bumpers are those round and colorful things you can hit with the ball, along with the ramps. But be careful not to get it trapped nor accidentally down the drain. This game can be tricky sometimes."

"So… We go the same school? What's your name?"

"I'm Kim Yoohyeon."

Minji extended her hand and smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Yoohyeon. Oh? So the highest score in this belongs to you?" Yoohyeon grinned.

 

"Yes and I am very proud of it"

 

'Cute' Minji thought.

 

"Well, sorry to break it to you but your #1 soon will be #2" Minji said with a smirk heading to play on the pinball machine.

 

"I would like to see you try." Yoohyeon answered with the same smirk plastered on her face.

 

"Is this a challenge, Kim?"

 

"Give me your best, Kim."


 

-x-


 

“Go out with me” Minji blurted out while watching Yoohyeon play Pac Man. They agreed on taking turns.

 

It has been almost three months now since both girls got close. It became their thing, every saturday morning they would go to the arcade and sometimes Minji would even end up going to Yoohyeon's place to play video games, watch movies and have sleepovers.

 

“Aren't we going out already?” Yoohyeon answered without blinking while playing. Minji rolled her eyes. ‘Is she really that dense?’

 

“I mean as a 'more than a friends' kind of date” The tall girl stopped playing and stared into Minji's eyes to see if she was being serious or not. They stared at each other until the sound of Yoohyeon's character dying on Pac Man was heard, snapping both of them out of the trance.

 

"More than friends."

 

"Yeah? You know, that kind of date when people that like each other go together" Minji resisted the urge to facepalm herself. The shocked look on Yoohyeon's face quickly turned into a smirk. A smirk that Minji didn't know if she wanted to kiss or punch away.

 

"So you like me?" The older girl saw that coming but this didn't make the blushing that spread through her cheeks stop.

 

"Shut up, nerd." Minji said while avoiding eye contact.

 

“Pick me up tomorrow at 3.” Yoohyeon said while putting another coin on the machine.

 

“Ok” Minji said while smiling from ear to ear. “Hey!” She snapped when she paid attention to what was happening. “It's my turn!”

 

“You distracted me. It wasn't a fair move.” 

 

“Oh? So I have the power to distract you?” The red haired girl said while smirking. It was Yoohyeon's time to blush.

 

"Shut up, unnie."


 

-x-

 

Six months later

 

Now, it has been exactly six months since Yoohyeon and Minji started dating… secretly. The rebel girl turned out to be the softest and most caring person Yoohyeon ever met, but she was also one of the most popular people in the school. She had a reputation. And that's why Yoohyeon decided to keep their relationship just between them and their families for now. Once when they were making out in the kitchen Yoohyeon's mom walked in, embarrassing the two of them. Thankfully, their parents were very supportive of their relationship. Yoohyeon and Minji felt lucky because they knew things like that don't happen to anyone.

It was hard to hide it in school, none of their friends knew and they weren't in the same circle of friends, which means more people to hide it from. The closest person between them was actually Yoohyeon's best friend Bora, who is one year older than her and also attends the same class as Minji, but the rebel and the short girl never exchanged more than a few worlds. 

Yoohyeon and Minji would steal glances at each other when no one else was paying attention. They were always texting each other too, but it wasn't the same thing. They wanted to hold each others hands and kiss whenever they felt like it.

 

minji ♡: yoo

              babe

              i'm sorry for what i said earlier, you know i love you right?

              more than anything.

 

puppyoo: i know

                and i'm sorry too and i do love you so much too.

                give me some time to think about it, okay? 

 

minji ♡: okay

              but can i still come over to your place later?

             i miss you

 

puppyoo: you saw me today

 

minji ♡: yeah… but we had a fight… and we didn't kiss, besides i really want to properly apologize

 

puppyoo: okay, you can come

                 but only because i'm eager to see what you have in mind

 

minji ♡: it's not a what but a who

       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter