Chapter 16

Love(Editing)

Seo Young

I cried myself to sleep that night. I woke up around 11am with a throbbing headache. I rubbed my head a couple of times before I got up and took a shower. I got dressed, ate some white omelet with cheese. After that I drank two tabs of  아미펜(Amipen is korean over-the-counter medicine for fever, pain and anti-inflammatory). I rubbed my head while I made my way to my car. I needed to talk to mother. I pulled out the parking lot and headed towards the Park estate. I got there around quarter to 11. I parked right in front of their mansion.

Mansion-at-MGM-Grand.jpg 

I made my way up the stairs to ring the bell. I rang the bell and waited. A second passed before one of the butlers opened the door.

“Welcome, Miss Seo Young” He said, bowing. Whatever, I just ignored him and made my way up the stairs towards Mother’s office. When I walking down the hall on the 2nd floor, I heard a thump. It seemed to becoming from the last door to the left, near Mother’s office. I decided to check out what was happening in there. I opened the door to find Jehan standing there with a lamp by his feet.

“Hey Jaehan” I said, waving at him.

“Hi Seo Young” He said, not looking up. Jehan doesn’t like me but at least pretend to.

“So is mother there?” I asked.

“Seo Young, why ask such a stupid question. You have feet and eyes, why don’t you use them like they are meant to be used. That’s why you were born with legs and eyes” He said, bending down to pick up the broken glass.

“He broke up with you” He said, not looking up.

“How would you know?” I asked, shocked by how he knew. Did Jay tell him?

“You’re not your usual self. Being y as always” He said, laughing.

“ you, Jaehan” I said, walking away.

“Oh thank you, I’ll definitely do that” he yelled behind me. I kept on walking making my way up to the third floor where mother’s office was. I walked all the way to the end of the hall and knocked. I waited for a bit before the door opened. There stood Mother (Jay’s mother). She was wearing a white ruffle blouse with black jeans.

“Hello Seo Young” Mother said, embracing me in a hug

“Hi mother” I greeted, bowing.

“Come in” She said, beckoning me to come in. I went in and took a seat on the couch near her desk.

“Seo Young, How are you?” She asked, sitting next to me

“I’m definitely not doing good” I answered, tears spilling out.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” She asked. I turned to her and looked at her.

“Jay dumped me” I said, through tears.

“What?” She shrieked.

“The party last night that I attended was very horrible” I said, grabbing a couple of tissue off the coffee table.

“Tell me everything that happened” She said.

“Well first of all that girl is back” I said

“What girl?” She asked, her face clueless

“Zhara. His ex” I said

“Excuse me? Did I hear you right?” She asked

“Yes, she’s back” I said, trying very hard not to get annoyed. I came here for advice not for you to interrogate me.

“I thought that I had gotten rid of her for good” She said, rubbing her eyes

“Apparently you didn’t. She’s back to attend Hyori and Eddie’s wedding” I said, putting my face in my hands.

“Well how does my son come into this?” She asked.

“I think Jay still has feelings for her” I said. It was very hard to finally admit the truth to myself.

“No, he likes you” She insisted.

“I’ll figure something out. Don’t worry” She said, holding my hands.