Chapter 4 - Personal Remembrances -

My First and Last

“Daang, Baekhyun that was really a bummer!” Jongin said and patted his friend’s back.

“You don’t say…” the older answered gloomily with his shoulders sagging.

The EXO members were spread in a room backstage preparing for the upcoming show they were about to participate in. Their make-up artists doing their job, the members talking and changing their clothes.

Today Baekhyun was in a rather unfortunate mood, which is why he hoped for Chanyeol to veneer his mood at least slightly. He was EXO’s Happy-Virus after all. And on top of that Baekhyun was actually nervous about the upcoming event, knowing there will be an interview and since it’ll be the first after the activity period, he knew very well that they would be asking about this “special someone” and his answer would end up being more than unsatisfying, for both sides that is.

One of the assistants comes in telling the members to make their way to the stage and they did as they were told.

During the interview he was obviously asked about his quest to which he had to negate its success. Since Baekhyun needed some distraction he ended up grabbing the necklace lucky-charm from Minseok in his pants pocket for the show and due to being so flustered he ended up fumbling on it non-stop for the whole time and whenever possible on the show. The necklace helped him calm down so many times before, he was glad to have it calm him down and help him again through a difficult time like this. One time though he lets the necklace dangle outside his pants pocket, letting it be visible unintentionally.

Games like charades or double speed dances were part of the show and Baekhyun could at least enjoy his time with his group a little.

Maybe this interview was supposed for him himself to finally accept his defeat as well as, that if it was supposed to happen it would eventually come. Until then he had all the time to enjoy himself with his non-blood related brothers.

After the show Baekhyun was actually happy it was over, because he sweated so much during the show he only wanted to go under the shower.

Back in their dorm they had to think practically again: 11 men, 2 showers and it’s way too late to be awake for any of them. So just like always 3 members squeezed themselves in a shower cleaning themselves before going to bed.

He stood in the shower with Chanyeol and Sehun. Since the youngers are quite tall it was almost uncomfortable narrow in the shower. Not that he minded them in there, by now it became something normal for him and all of them.

Baekhyun started to wonder if Minseok would freak out if he told him that the EXO members showered together? Would he think that their habit is weird? With the hot pouring water on his head he tried to wash away all those thoughts regarding his ‘special person’, finally accepting defeat.

Sensing something going on in their friend’s mind the younger boys rubbed his back consolingly. Baekhyun’s right side of his lips twitched upwards, being grateful to have such good friends.

Minseok stands in the kitchen cooking his dinner for the day, consisting of rice and stir-fried vegetables. The TV is on medium volume so he could still listen to it while cooking. When he hears the anchor talking about EXO, curiosity and remembrance of his friend got the best of him which made him pay some more attention to the screen than before when they were talking about other artists. They showed a rerun of an interview some days ago where EXO’s Baekhyun negated his success from his quest. Minseok felt somewhat pitiful for the young boy, not being able to find the one he wanted. Especially since he could guess that there were many thousands who must have called there and despite that, there wasn’t’ the right one within them… Probably just a publicity act after all…

While standing in front of his TV with his apron still on and his arms crossed, he followed the scene on the TV a little longer without an expression on his face. Only when he noticed one of the EXO members, Baekhyun to be precise, to fumble endlessly in his pocket, Minseok started to become suspicious and narrowed his eyes slightly.

He ripped them wide open again when he saw a silver colored necklace with a lucky-charm dangling shortly outside of the agitated boy’s pants pocket. Pointing his index finger at the TV’s screen he almost shouted “That’s my chain!” more to the figure in the TV than to himself.

It’s his necklace and lucky charm he somehow lost 2 years ago. He could identify it blindly and he simply knew that it was his. So why did that guy have his precious lucky charm?!

Screw being an idol, he had something that belonged to Minseok and he wanted back what was his. An idol like him could buy any expensive necklace. His old and longtime lucky charm couldn’t possibly have any special meaning to him after all. Not in the same way as it was for Minseok, right?

 

 

 

A/N:

I'm sorry I wanted some "cool" item or easily recognizable item to link Baekhyun and Xiumin, but this is all I could think of..... I'm uncreative, I know.... I basically just needed ANYTHING, literally anything that would make them re-connect. So let's just accept this lucky charm necklace. Let's pretend it looks like the one Baekhyun wears in the Monster MV :D

 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/4a/87/fb4a87fc2dad24eff1f64bebbb46af08.png