10.

"I LIKE YOU"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Woo Hyun to explained to Sung Yeol the great favor he needed me to do him, Lee hesitated a bit. Mostly because his new partner had been too shameless the time he spoke to Myung Soo, and he has no idea what reaction Myung Soo will give him when they see each other.
He thought that, perhaps, having both been 'humiliated' in that embarrassing call, Myung Soo is not willing to mention anything about it, or so Sung Yeol hopes, because there is no one else who can help Woo Hyun with the case, and he understands that everything Myung Soo has to say to him is too relevant to the investigation, and far more important than any feelings of shame he may be feeling at the time.
Sung Yeol arrives at the luxurious hotel room where Kim is staying, and waits for a couple of minutes before knocking on the door. He knows that he is not prepared to see Myung Soo in the eye, although, there is no going back and, resigned to having to face shame, he taps on the fine wood, almost immediately hearing agile and strong steps approaching to the entrance. Lee his lips and clears his throat seconds before Myung Soo takes the handle and opens the door almost fully.
"It was about time...!" Kim exclaims, but immediately the claim dies in his throat when he realizes that the newcomer is not Woo Hyun.
Myung Soo is watching him closely and Sung Yeol can swear he has blushed as much as him.
"I'm sorry". Kim apologizes with his eyes fixed on the Lieutenant's, "I thought it was that idiot Woo Hyun".
And Sung Yeol smiles at his comment. Myung Soo imitates him and the tense atmosphere seems to suddenly lighten.
"Hi," Lee begins, hiding his nerves. "Woo Hyun won't be able to come, he asked me to meet you instead".
"I thought this matter was too important to him. Why is he suddenly so busy?
"Well, if you let me pass, I'll tell you everything."
Myung Soo agrees and lets Sung Yeol settle on one of the sofas in the center of the room, where he already has various papers and some other things he has gotten from his research.
"Do you want water, or maybe a soda?" Kim asks after closing the door.
"Water, please. Thank you.
The agent walks away to a small fridge and takes out a couple of bottles. He immediately returns to where Sung Yeol is and leaves the containers with the clear liquid on the table.
"Now, tell me about that important matter why Woo Hyun couldn't come". Kim says, and Sung Yeol takes a deep breath before telling him in great detail all about the case of Sung Kyu's parents, besides why Nam is so indisposed. But, in the end, when Sung Yeol has finished his story, Myung Soo is not too surprised, nor does he look upset. "I see. I am going to leave everything I could find to you, as well as other information that is not among these papers".
"And which one is it?" Sung Yeol asks with great interest.
"Well, I'll start by recapping what happened a decade ago".
"Are you talking about the virus?" Myung Soo nods and continues.
“Ten years ago, in the metropolitan jail, word spread that a deadly virus was attacking pureblood alphas, more specifically, their blood cells. The BRC took care of them, moving them to their laboratory to isolate them and try to find a cure. However, it was all archived and considered as top secret information. I have been able to access some classified files, and found that the alphas did not die, as Congress, the NASI, and other agencies involved in the investigation were led to believe. I found some encrypted routes to a database that does not belong to any known agency. What I found is that the virus did not even exist, it was just a curtain to get the alphas out of jail and experiment with them
"What?! Wasn't even the virus real?! Lee exclaims, totally dumbfounded at what Myung Soo said.
"This phantom agency has been experimenting with pureblood alphas. They want to find out everything about their blood and how it allows their to change shape. And, it seems that they have obtained some results, because they have been creating formulas from the DNA of these pureblood alphas, and this to which will represent a real problem for everyone, because this would mean that, with those formulas, any alpha will be able to trane into a shapeshifter.

...

That night, Woo Hyun leans to the side of Sung Kyu, smelling her neck and kissing her silky hair. He does not know why, but that situation rejoice him in the extreme. Not just because Sung Kyu told him he likes and that Nam has opened up a bit with him and confessed that he really appreciates him, but bacause all the pieces of his feelings finally it fit well. Having to the omega in his arms, happy and safe, bring to Woo Hyun a countless sensations of comfort and tranquility as never before felt. And the alpha believes that it is his 'protective instinct

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter