WHO TOLD YOU TO COME BACK HERE?!

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?

Sunny’s POV.

At last, after one year of mourning, I am back. What I mean by mourning is about my best friend, KIM KI BUM who had been away from me for a year. I really can’t help thinking about him, what he is doing, what he is eating, in short—I care for him just like a mother does to her son. But I don’t think he still remembers me being his best friend. Honestly, I have heard from Tiffany (another close friend) that he already has a new best friend. I wonder who that girl is—is she better than me? Can she make K laugh until his stomach hurts and then burst out into tears? Is she prettier than me? (She maybe taller but God knows who’s better.) Does she have more similarities with Key than I do? For me, I’m better but it still depends on Key’s decision.

Well anyway, I’m on my way to my old school now—the school where Key and I cherished our moments together. But I wonder if Key is still gay? Is he still more lady-like than I am? But I hope not.. Eh? Where did that come from?! I shook my head, clearing out my thoughts. I am not ever gonna think of that again.

“Sunny-ah! You’re back!” A familiar male voice called out from behind. Wait! I remember that voice. I turned around and saw Donghae, my long time suitor when we were still in elementary. He still do have that cute face but I’m totally not interested with him. He’s just a close friend who’s always there for me. I totally missed him.

“Oppa! I missed you so much!” I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. As a result of hugging him tightly (as if we haven’t seen each other for a decade or so), he said, “Sunny, I.. I can’t.. B-breathe! Let go!” I let go of him and started giggling at his reaction.

“How’s Kibum?” I asked him, smiling brightly while he gave me that scared look and said, “Don’t ever call him with that name. Call him Key. He transforms into a real monster whenever someone calls him that. Even me can’t say it.”

“Omona, I’m so scared of him!” I pretended to be scared and Donghae just sighed.

“See for yourself.” Donghae said and pointed at Kibum who’s walking with a blonde girl who looked like a Barbie doll. Is she the new best friend? I really can’t compare to her—her looks, body and fashion sense.

“OH MY GOD! KIM KI BUM!!!!!!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. Kibum and the blonde girl threw me evil looks. I looked around, seeing everyone looking at me with a you-will-be-killed-in-a-second look. Waeyo? Is what Donghae said true?

“Sunny you’re dead meat. Key is now walking towards you. I told you beforehand, you didn’t believe me. Now it’s time for your deadly punishment.” Donghae whispered at my ear and I looked at Kibum, racing towards me, who looks like he could kill anybody. I haven’t seen him with this expression before.

Kibum is now in front of me and I said, “Hello there, I missed.. you.. a lot.” I said with a trembling voice. I’m still frightened by his look especially when I saw his face turning flaming red. I chuckled a bit and said, “Why are you blushing?” Omona~ I still have the guts to . What’s happening to me?

“WHO TOLD YOU TO COME BACK HERE?! I DIDN’T TELL YOU TO COME BACK ANYWAY! I’M MUCH HAPPIER WITHOUT YOU! YOU LEFT ME WITHOUT EVEN SAYING GOODBYE AND THEN YOU STILL MANAGED TO SAY THAT YOU MISSED ME? WHAT IS THIS—A JOKE? PLEASE JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME!” He grabbed the wrists of the blonde girl as they walked away from me. I fell down on my knees, tears started flowing onto my cheeks as I felt guilt overpowering my thoughts. Maybe, if I said goodbye to him, this thing wouldn’t happen? Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Tiffany with a pitiful look.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany said as she helped me get up. We went to the garden, me and Kibum’s favorite place. We used to play here and talk about many things. Fany and I sat down under the tree as tears falling again my cheeks.

I looked up into the tree and still saw that carving—it’s the sign of our friendship, Kibum and me. We carved that when we were in Second grade and we made our promise here of not leaving each other, but sadly, I broke that promise of ours. Just by seeing that carving made me sob more.

“Fany, why is he like this to me? Didn’t he know that he is the best thing that has happened in my life?” I said, wiping my tears.

“I really don’t know. Just accept the fact that he is now like this. He’s been like this ever since you left him.” Fany gave me an apologetic look as she tapped my back for comfort. Suddenly, the school bell rang. It is time for us to go to our respective classrooms. Luckily, Fany and I are classmates. I still have someone to talk to.

As we got into my room, I spotted Kibum at the corner of the room together with the blonder girl—HAPPY. They were laughing as if there was no tomorrow. I just ignored them and sat beside Donghae. After a few minutes, our professor came inside the room then asked us to introduce ourselves. Why do we have to do this thing? We’re in high school for God’s sake!

“Can the new girl in the class be the first one to introduce herself and Kibu—Key?” The teacher said as the class laughed whole-heartedly. I felt irritated for they were laughing at him. I silently stood up and went in front of the class. I couldn’t hold back anymore as the laughing got louder and louder. I suddenly shouted, “KEEP QUIET!” The whole class, even Kibum stared at me in confusion.

“What’s wrong with them laughing?” Kibum asked coldly. I really don’t know why I said that. Why am I affected? I couldn’t search the words to say as I decided not to answer anymore and just stay quiet.

“Okay then, sir. I will introduce myself first since that short girl seemed like she’s very shy.” He threw me a teasing and evil smile as the whole class clapped at what I said. I really want to answer back but answering back would not do me any good that’s why I kept my mouth shut. I looked around the room and saw the blonde girl—she seemed like she looks down on me. I just went back to my chair and gave the platform to Kibum.

“Hello guys, I’m Key. Call me in my real name and you’ll be killed in one second. I’m 16 years old. I’ll tell you some information about me. I’ll tell you about my EX-best friend.” He really emphasized on the word EX. Can I still manage seeing our friendship breaking down? I sighed as he continued with his words…..

CLIFFHANGER! :P Watch out for the next chapter :P I’m really evil. =]]

End of POV.