Obsession

Collective
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Content warning: mentions of blood

 

ChaeRin is not coming home this time.

Seohyun sits in their bed, pondering whether or not another text will do her any good.

ChaeRin’s heart has left but Seohyun’s is still here, waiting for her and bracing for the years to come in which ChaeRin will walk in the room, completely renewed yet reminiscent of the great woman she once knew. And Seohyun will smile at her nonetheless as she welcomes her home with open arms and adoring kisses.

She had seen ChaeRin with Yuri recently.

She had seen Yuri leaving her home more often, she had seen her friend’s left behind, she had pretended not to notice the older girl scrambling into their bathroom when she walked in on her girlfriend in bed, excusing herself to a grocery trip so Yuri could leave gracefully. She ignored when ChaeRin spent more time with their friend than her own lover, ignored Yuri’s smoky kiss on ChaeRin’s mouth when Seohyun demanded some kind of affection when she came home one day.

Her stomach drops and her heart dissolves completely whenever she thinks about it, whenever she catches a sweet glance from one to the other, whenever she comes home with a film of sweat on her forehead and she says she’s too tired to touch Seohyun, even though Seohyun knows ChaeRin’s eyes whisper guilt over exhaustion. She will always admire ChaeRin cluelessly, whether she has to wait for days or years for her to come home.

Seohyun watches the door tonight, sniveling and shaking, her voice aching from the words that may or may not have torn up to make up for the eerie silence in this home. Her heart beats so slow, awaiting the surge of excitement when her darling comes home.

She’s so irresistible. She has such charisma. She is so divine; Seoh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter