Chapter 02

Blurred Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were lying close to each other, Taeyeon's back pressed against Jessica's stomach. Hands hold each other tight. It was still unclear whether she dreamed of this moment to live, but Jessica felt a strong emotion in the way Taeyeon's fingers were circling hers. Two pairs of eyes are wide open, none of them open their mouths, none of them speak. They just want to enjoy time like this, as if making as many memories as possible. And just to make sure that this isn't just their imagination. This isn't a dream.

Jessica pressed her lips on the left shoulder of someone who was in front of her. Her lips linger there and inhaled Taeyeon's body scent which made her feel  hypnotized. And then Taeyeon slowly turned around. Now they both face each other. Eyes stared at each other, smiles creeping on the faces of Taeyeon and Jessica reflected what she was doing. This time Jessica wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's tiny body and then the two lips met. It doesn't matter who started it first, they kissing each other's lips for a few minutes with a smile on their faces that showed happiness being created. When they pulled their faces away, Jessica closed her eyes ready to sleep. Before following Jessica to dreamland, she gave the last kiss for that night on the forehead of a person she really loved. With smiles still on her face, she fell asleep.

***

Time went by quickly, it had been more than a year since their first meeting. That day they not only met, but spent the weekend together. Jessica stayed at Taeyeon's place. And since that day, the two of them have met more often when they have free time, especially on weekends. Now they both graduated from university and started working. They are no longer students, but workers, and that makes them even busier.

Since their meeting at that time, the two became closer. Looks like they both don't want to be separated from each other. They often spend time together. When they cannot meet, they will talk through text messages, voice calls or video calls. It happens every day. And they never feel bored with each other even once.

When they meet, they spend more time at Taeyeon's place because she only lives with a friend who spends more time outside. They think it is the right place and time for them when they want to spend time alone together without interference from other parties. Occasionally Jessica met with Taeyeon's housemates, occasionally the three of them talked and ate together, the rest she left Taeyeon and Jessica alone. She really didn't interfere in their business. All she know was Taeyeon always showed happiness when Jessica was with her.

Day by day they are getting closer, becoming inseparable. Even though the two fought often, they keep coming back to each other's arms. Forgive each other. Not even once did they want to get away from each other just because of anger and arguments they were facing at the time. No matter what the cause, they remain attached to each other.

Everyday they talk about anything. and usually Jessica does a lot of talking. Of all the conversations, they almost never talked about how their relationship was. they thought it would be strange if they questioned it. they are both women, and they feel uncomfortable talking about it. So for now they will only remain there for each other, no matter what the title they both have to hold., without certainty, even though none of them know where their relationship is heading, all they know is that they love each other more than a friend, in a romantic way. But they don't dare to admit it, they’re not brave enough to reveal it to each other. And there is definitely a reason behind it.

In Korea, same- relationships are prohibited. Despite the fact that many Koreans have such relationship, it is still taboo. Many pros and cons that occur because of this. Many people are not open minded so they will not tolerate any gay, lesbian, whatever you name it. For some people, whether it's opposite or same-, as long as the love they feel makes them happy then it won't be a problem.

That was why the two of them chose to undergo this unclear relationship. It was very clear that they were in love. It was very difficult for them to undergo this. They are confused, do not know what to do. That's really unexpected. They don't think that they will fall in love like this. But this has already happened, and they cannot stop it.

Even though they have never made clear the relationship they have been up to now, they both understand each other's feelings. As long as they can still be on each other's side, other things doesn't matter. At least that's what they have in mind.

There is a time when Jessica asked Taeyeon if she had a boyfriend or someone close to her, Taeyeon said that it had been a long time since she had a boyfriend. Also she is not close to anyone for now. Somehow Jessica was doubtful about Taeyeon's answer, however Taeyeon was a closed person. Jessica tried to get the answer as she wanted, but Taeyeon is Taeyeon. Jessica always gets the same answer when asking it for the umpteenth time. In the end, she just let it go.

It was different from when Taeyeon asked that to Jessica. Being a person who always speaks the truth and as it is, Taeyeon always gets answers that can make her heart struggled in pain. Regretted having asked something she actually could have guessed what the answer was. She should know better who Jessica is. Charming, smart, broad minded, perfect. Of course many people are trying to win her hearts.

Jessica always openly told her that there were some who were chasing after her, boys and girls. And even Taeyeon knows their names. Sometimes Taeyeon feels that Jessica really doesn't think about her feelings, sometimes it feels like Jessica deliberately said that. And actually it makes Taeyeon feel jealous, upset, want to be angry but she has no right to do that. So Taeyeon always pretends to be calm and doesn't show too much reaction, she can control it. She is good at pretending anyway. Besides that, she didn't want to look too desperate. So she keeps it cool.

Even though Taeyeon didn't want to hear it, Jessica still told her about them. Things like that often upset Taeyeon. For example when they ask Jessica to have a date or just hangout or to drop off or pick Jessica up. Even though Jessica often refused, none of them were tired of chasing after her. However Jessica ignored them, Taeyeon still felt her heart like being torn apart, she wanted to have Jessica alone. She didn't want to share Jessica with others. She didn't want people to take Jessica from her.

But those people are nothing compared to someone named Taecyeon who really makes Taeyeon feel insecure. Based on Jessica's story, they have been close for a long time, but they have never once dated. Yes, maybe Taeyeon believed in that statement, that they were not dating, but Taeyeon saw that they were attracted to each other. Taeyeon was not sure how they really felt. But they both look so close and rely on each other so much, so Taeyeon sometimes feel so sick of it. But she can't say that to Jessica. She just kept it to herself all this time.

Sometimes insecurities eating her, but somehow she always feels that Jessica really loves her. The way Jessica treated Taeyeon, the way Jessica made her feel affection, it made Taeyeon believe that she was a priority for Jessica compared to anyone, including Taecyeon. Although they both have a very close relationship, Taeyeon believes that she is the number one special person in Jessica's heart.

One day, something big happened that made the emotions of both of them unstoppable. And Taeyeon began to doubt about Jessica's special treatment to her. She began to wonder if it was true that Jessica only treated Taeyeon so special, or whether Jessica treated others the same.

At that time Jessica had plans to stay at Taeyeon's place, and Taecyeon insisted to drive her there. When Taeyeon opened the door, she was surprised to see Jessica with him at her door. Even though it wasn’t the first time Taeye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter