Jealous

When The Moon Embraced By The Sun

That afternoon, I just finished my class and there’s no lecture schedule anymore.  I thought to myself to directly go to the base camp club, put my bag down there and after that heading to find some food for lunch. It becomes a routine for me to check the club before going home. If I finished my lectures in the early afternoon I will go directly to the club and spend my time there until night. I’m so grateful that my parents never talk and complaint about this. They give me freedom because they knew I’ve become an adult who can take care of myself. I have my own responsibility and aware the risk about it.

I was about to walk out the faculty door when I saw someone sitting on the front chair.

“Byul?” I was surprised. What is she doing in Communication Faculty?

“Eonni” She immediately stood up, greeting me. She smiled with her unique scrunch nose. “I’m waiting for you. I already finished my class too.”

“Oh? You don’t have any plan after this like having lunch or something? I’m heading to the club right now, wanna put down my bag there.”

“No problem Eonnie, I’ll come with you, then we can have lunch together.”

I nooded agree and we walked side by side. Right after a few steps we walked, someone called us from behind.

 “Moonbyul! Yongsun!” I automatically turned my head and seeing Eric Nam run toward us. I held Byul’s arm, asked her to stop.

“Ah Hello Oppa…” I greeted him politely.

“It’s a coincidence we met here. Finished the class?” He asked panting, little bit out of breath. He stared at Byul, smiling in a such way.

“Yeah, I picked her up at the faculty, we’re heading to the club right now.” Answered Byul, looking at him without hesitation.

“Ah I see… have you lunch, Moonbyul-ssi? If you don’t mind, maybe we could go together?”

I froze there, watching Eric Oppa who seemed trying to gather his gut to get a closer to Byul, My Byul..

Err.. what did I say now?

“Thank You Oppa, but me and Yongsun Eonnie should take care some stuff at our club first. We’re going to have lunch together after that.”

I could see the look of disappointment at Eric Oppa’s face. He then looked at me with his teary eyes, begging for help. I actually confused too, don’t know what to say.. as I know that it was Byulie’s decision to accept his offer or not. And He should respect that.

“Sorry Oppa, maybe next time.” I finally said.

“Then, may I ask you a number?” Honestly, I really surprised with Eric’s question toward Byul. “I.. wanna talk about guitar..” He continued awkwardly. I am sure he’s lying and just made it up. I glanced at Byul, curious with her answer.

“Sure” She said shortly, handed her cellphone to Eric Oppa who smiled happily after that.

 

 

“Why you lied to him, Byul-ah?” I asked when Eric Oppa not there anymore.

“Hmm? I’m not lying.” She stared at me.

“Then, why you said we need to take care some stuff at Club and refuse his invitation?”

“Well, I already promised to you. Besides, please have a pity on me, I’m waiting for you in front of faculty lobby…” She said, as greasy as always.

“Haish… who said that you should wait like an idiot, I never asked.” I rolled my eyes, teasing her.

“Ughh, you are so mean, Ddun.” She hugged me childishly, then we giggled together.

 

 

After we finished lunch, we chatted on the terrace in front of the Club’s living room. Byul and I were in the middle of enjoying chit chat about anything that could make us laugh, including our experience when performed. We laughed out loud together until we heard a notification sound from Byul’s cellphones.

“Your phone rang Byul…” I said to her, still laughing.

“Ah yeah.” She answered while checking the phone, “Message from Eric Oppa.”

I stop laughing and asked “Oh, what did he say?” I don’t know why I am so curios about it.

“He asked me go home together.”

Then there was silence linger there, whether Byul or me not say anything. We spoke nothing for a moment. I even didn’t ask whether she will accept Eric or not. Byul on the other hand, seemed waiting for my reaction. A few moments later I saw Byul leaned her back on the sofa, putting hand behind her head. She sighed, don’t know what it means.

“Byul, are you allright?” I asked softly, I could feel somewhat an awkward atmosphere between us.

“Eonni.. you’ll go home with me, right?”

Hearing Byul questioned me back, I nodded and smiled. Then she said, “Great, I will say sorry to him to not accept his offer.”

------------------------------------------------

Since that day, I often refuse Byul to have lunch with me, visit culinary place to have dinner, or taking Seoul Metro together. I was confused with my act too. One thing I know, Byul mayhaps being invited too by Eric Oppa to have lunch or going home together.

There was one day Byul waiting for me in front of faculty, waiting until my class ended on that day. She asked how was I doing lately and again, asked me to have lunch together. I refused and lied to her, saying that I had an appointment with my college friend to talk about class project. Byul understood and excused herself. I feel so guilty lying to her all the time. Even when we finished our band practice, Byul always asks me to go home together, but again I didn’t accept her offer. I said I need to do my assignment and wanted to finish it at the Club, so I told Byul to go home first.

“Seriously, Eonni?” frustrated, Byul confronted me after finishing Club activity and our band practice. She faced me after the others left.

“Hmm? W-what Byul-ah?”

“Don’t play dumb, Yong.” She raised her voice, I stunned looking at her.

“Sorry Eonni, I didn’t mean to…” She regretted and said sorry. This is the first time I saw her like this, so desperate.

“I just.. confused with your act recently. You have changed. We usually go hanging out together. I always accompany you to cosplay event or anywhere you want to go. But these days.. it seems you keeping a distance with me. There’s no have lunch, dinner, or go home together. I am so confused. What did I do to you?” Byul uttered with her teary eyes. I gulped and confused to answer her question. Me too don’t know what is wrong with me…

“There’s nothing wrong with me Byul. I am fine.”

After saying that I excused myself and hurriedly get out of there, leaving Byul staring at me in a such way, stunned and confused.

I am sorry Byul.. I don’t know what happen to me…