She's so Annoying!

When The Moon Embraced By The Sun

Life on Campus. People said campus life is amazing and there’re many things we can find and explore. Oh yes, I haven’t introduced myself properly. Well, my name is Kim Yongsun, I am 20 years old and this is my second year at campus, I’m taking Communication major. My stage name is Solar. Why do I have stage name like that? Actually I am joining band community at campus and I am one of the vocalist they have. There’s a bunch of pople who has a great voice in the community, actually, but my seniors said that I’m their favorite one. Well thank you very much, I feel so honor about it.

The band community which I follow is one of sub in Japanese Community. I don’t know why I really like Japanese culture include their music, J-rock and J-pop that’s what people called. Not only the music, I also like the cosplay culture or so-called ‘costume player’ – you wear one of costume character from manga or anime. Usually my friends from community and I come to the event like Comic-Con to Cosplay and have fun there.

Because now I’m on my second year at campus, I become a new senior. Usually every year, there’s an open house for every community which already registered officialy at campus. It means that soon I will have a junior member. Luckily, this year, our community open up opportunity to fill guitarist position for the band. Our former guitarist already graduated from college and wanted to give a chance to the juniors.

Before the Open House, we’ve been very busy to prepare everything for promotion. Some people in charge to take care the booth while the others busy practicing for the performance, including me. I was in charged as a band vocalist. Thank God, from the promotion that we did at the Open House, many freshmen were interested to join our community. There were more than 100 pieces of filled register forms we received. The next process was contacting all the candidates for new members, later they will be interviewed why they were interested to join us. There will be also a talent or skill test for them, whatever it is as long as related with Japanese culture. The most importart one, we also held a band audition to fill the guitarist band.

“Everything ready, Yongsun?” asked Hongki Oppa on the interview and audition day. Hongki Oppa is one of the graduated members who still active in taking care this community. Although he already become a real vocalist from famous band, he never forgot with all the members and his bestfriends here. This community was like a second home for him.

 “Yes Oppa. I’m ready to meet the juniors” I smiled enthusiastically.

The interview and audition process run for three days due to many poople registered. We have only 50 quotas to accept new members, that’s why we should really careful In assessing which one who really interested to join and has a real talent. Many candidates failed at the interview session so we couldn’t get away with the talent test. The reason why they failed was because they couldn’t convince us with their answers, moreover, many of them making us like the last option because they confused which community they should join. The selection process was quite tight and sadly we still could’t find someone to fill guitarist position.

On the day three this selection process, though we still couldn’t find the guitarist position, me and my seniors not just giving up like that. It was very sunny day, I fan my neck with the interview paper. I felt so thirsty. I got up to take a mineral water at pantry. To get to the pantry, I should take exit door first from the interview room and passing the front living room. There, I saw a girl who seemed so lost don’t know where to go. Her appearance was quite boyish, she wore jeans pants, big shirt with the t-shirt inside, also black hat on her long black hair.

“Hi, there! Where’s the interview room? You also come for audition, right?” asked her when she saw my eyes. I frowned in surprise listen to her question.

Right at the time I’m going to open my mouth, she starts blabbering,

“I heard that the interview and audition process is quite difficult. Hmm why those seniors make a complicated situation to accept new member. Can’t just they accept all of the candidates right away?  What’s your name by the way? I’m Moon Byulyi. How’s your audition? Please give me a hint.” She winked at me.

I gritted my teeth. This kid. Absolutely not polite. Did she not know that I’m a senior? And how come she didn’t realised that I’m a vocalist band who performed at Open House? I forced my smile.

“Yeah, you can come this way, that is the interview room” I said while pointing to the direction that I meant it, where I do interviewing.

“Okay then, seems you just came from there. Allrighty, good luck mate!” she said, hard enough patting my shoulder. Once again, I forced my smile at her.

“Haish..” I rattled. I paid attention to the front corridor near the terrace that looks so quiet, there were no seniors around, only one or two persons bumped into me while heading to the pantry. It seems that the seniors were having their luch right now. Well of course it’s already 12PM. My stomach also began rumbling, wow seems I am so starving. I imagined the teokpokki shop near from the base camp. I’m going there right now. But wait a minute.. I suddenly remember that girl. That impolite kid who come for interview. I am quite pissed off, why she was so late.. I already gave the information the interview begin at 9 o’clock in the morning, all the candidates should stand by. Including her!

Finished drinking, I rushed back to interview room. Seems the seniors not finished their lunch yet, I should interview that kid.

“Oh, Hi! It’s you again. Where’s the seniors?”

That impolite kid spoke quickly when she saw me at the doorway. I can’t believe she still not realized that I’m one of that ing seniors. Oopss language, Kim Yongsun~ I remind my self.

With ignorant face, I walked toward her not bother answering her question.

“Hello, welcome to Tsuki no Hikari, Japanese Community in Sejong University, our beloved campus. I’m Kim Yongsun, your interviewer. Let’s just begin...”

I sat accros to her. With a forced wide smile, I greeted the girl in front of me. She seemed taken aback, surprised by what I said before.

“W-what?”

“Yes? You are Moon Byulyi right- as you told me before… Let me find your form.” I began to search her registered form in a pile of paper beside me. I was not bothered to the fact that she still surprised by the truth that I’m her senior. She must be really embarrassed, hahahha.. “Here it is..” I uttered as I found the form.

“Pffttt hahahaha”

Now I’m the one who surprised by her action laughing out loud like that in front of me.

“Excuse Me?” I asked her with a cold stare.

“Gosh, I can’t believe it. Sorry Eonni, I thought we are same age, no, even I thought you are younger than me!”

Stunned by her words, I try desperately hiding my smile. Earth to Me, what a fool you are , Kim Yongsun.

“Okay Eonni, I’m ready. Just ask me whatever you want.” She smiled and winked at me. She has a unique smile with that scrunch nose. Haish, what’s going on with this kid. I cleared my throat, try to control myself.

“Allright then… so, tell me what make you interest to join this community?”

“First, certainly because I do interest with Japanese culture. Second, third, and the rest… because I am super cool, handsome, easy going, and lovable person. I can easily be friend with anyone. Besides my name is “Moon”, fit with this community’s name, isn’t it? So yeah, you guys should accept me here.” Her unique smile appeared again on her face.

For God sake, this kid really has a high confident. I was sure that she’s the- Empty vessels make the most noise – type. The interview continued and every answer from this girl really made want to finish this interview session. She’s over confident and full of herself! Uggh I don’t want to pass her to the audition.

“Umm.. sorry Moonbyul-ssi, having a burning passion is good but I don’t think over confident is needed here. We need talented and humble one people.” I gritted my teeth, forcing smile.

But it seems the girl who sat across to me didn’t pay attention as she began rambling…

“I heard that the band need a guitarist. I am sure you guys will hysterically fainted listening to my play.”

 

What a snob, this punk!

 

“Erm...” I cleared my throat, “Actually we already found him. So, the audition is officially closed.” I talked fast, didn’t want to give a chance at all.

 

“Is that so? The position already filled?”

 

Someone curious, I could hear from the tone. The voice, tho’, was not from the girl in front of me, but from the doorway. I then casted my gaze towards the sound source.

 

It was Hongki Oppa, standing there in majesty. I was not sure how long he’s been there listening to my interview session with this annoying girl. I wish there was a black hole swallow me up right now.

 

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo Oppa…” I greeted him and continue to bow. The girl in front of me also stood up and bow politely toward him.

 

“So, how is it Solar? You said that we already found a guitarist? But I heard from Yonghwa, we still could’t find the best one…”

 

I gulped and smiled awkwardly. I glanced a bit toward Moonbyul and she stared back at me with a huge grin on her face! Ughh She’s so annoying!

 

“So, I can do the audition, right?” She winked at me with a smirk. I swear to God, this kid!

-----------------------------

“Okay, here’s the room audition. The guitar is right there. You already know the song you should prepare right?”

I asked Moonbyul, pointed at guitar with my chin. I then sat in the corner with an assessment paper. Hongki Oppa stood beside me, he also wanted to watch this annoying girl’s audition.

“Yep. Papermoon by Tomoko Kawase, that’s one of my favorite. Be prepare to fall in love with me.”

Ewwhh, I talked to myself. Meanwhile Hongki Oppa giggled hearing Moonbyul’s chatter. Mayhaps he thought it’s funny… I don’t get the joke at all.

I sighed a long breath, wished this audition finish as soon as possible… I am really starving…

Shortly, the sound of mentronome began to fill the room, the audition should start right now…

“Here we go…” I grumbled and rolled my eyes.

Then the sound of guitar could be heard… then Moonbyul started to play the guitar… and she played so good… and really good, no, it was really cool..

 [BRIDGE]

   Eb       F    Gm  F

 Dare mo shinjirarenakute

   Eb       F      Gm     F

 Hikutsu ni naru toki mo aru

   Eb          F    Gm       F

 Soredemo kimi no kotoba wa itsudemo

 Eb        F   Gm

 Mune ni hibi iteru

 

 

[CHORUS 1]

 Gm           Eb         Bb

 Fairy Blue kimi no tame ni

   F          Gm

 Hoshi wo kudaki

   Eb       Bb

 Kasaritsuketa

   F

 Mejirushi

 Gm        Eb     Bb

 Yume wo miushinatte

   F  Gm   Eb

 Mayotta toki

   Bb      C  D

 Miagete hoshii

 

And it finished… and I did’t realized I stood up from my chair, giving standing applause for what I just heard.

 “Wow..” I mumbled, speechless.

“Okay, congratulations Solar, you did find your new guitarist for your band!” Hongki Oppa pat on my shoulder, smile meaningfully. I still stunned with half-wide mouth open, try to guess what already happened. Her playing, oh my God… it’s extraordinary! How come she could move her finger so fast like that… especially at the bridge part…

“and for you, welcome to the Club! It seems you should think your stage name from now” he said, right now facing Moonbyul.

I glanced at her who gave me wide smile, then bowed politely toward Hongki Oppa. She smiled really wide with that scrunch nose.

“Gamsahamnida Hongki Oppa. You are legend!” She said loudly and enthusiastically before Hongki Oppa said goodbye and took the exit door, leaving only two of us.

I glanced again awkwardly, my attitude before really underestimate this girl… I smiled with doubt at her. Moonbyul then raised her eyebrow.

“Well, welcome to Tsuki No Hikari, Moonbyul-ssi... I wish you feel comfortable with the community.” I smiled again, right now sincerely.

“Hahaha you are so formal Yongsun Eonni, er, Solar? What is it? Your stage name?” she asked.

“Yes, Solar is my stage name. But outside the performance, Yongsun is enough.”

“Allright Yongsun Eonni~ and of course I will feel really comfortable here, there’s the most beautiful woman like you in the club.”

Damn, she’s so greasy…

“Haish…” I said annoyingly, try to hide my smile once again. I turned my body until my back face toward her.

“Where are you going Eonni?”

“This is maybe TMI for you, but I’m really starving…” I answered quickly as arrived in front of the door.

“Can I go with you? Me also not having anything yet to eat before come to this place.”

I looked at her and her gaze greeted me with full of hope and enthusiasts. What’s wrong with this girl… I saw her put down the guitar and walked towards me. Then I said,

“I’m going to eat teokpokki, I don’t care whether you like it or not.”