‘Secret Story of Us’ and don’t ask us about it

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Fluff, Hurt/Comfort, Romance

Summary: Minjoo wants her favorite fictional character, Kim Chaewon, to be real. Her wish becomes true, well not exactly, because she gets to meet the antagonist character, Ahn Yujin instead.

Word Count: 7290

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_SecretStoryOfUs

 

‘Secret Story of Us’ and don’t ask us about it

 

Have you ever heard of ‘IZ*LAND’? People called it IZ these days.


 

The pen name of the mysterious author of books which have been sold over million copies. The publisher itself never meet them in real life. 


 

The only thing people know about IZ is that the member of IZ is more than 1. Every book they have published has different names in the credit.


 

People are very curious about this group and can’t help looking forward their new masterpiece.


 

---


 

Minjoo was on her bed reading a very thick book. If people could see her right now, they would be shocked by the fact that her innocent face didn’t match with her position.


 

Wearing her pajama and glasses, lying on her bed like a boss who was checking her company’s financial statement, while in fact, she was reading a novel.


 

It’s been hours since she maintained her position. However, after she flipped the last page, closing the book. She couldn’t keep it anymore. 


 

“AAHHH, finally!!!” Minjoo rolled over to the left and right, kicking her feet in the air, and sometimes punching her pillow with her fists. Obviously couldn’t maintain her enthusiasm and it made the uninvited guest came.


 

“Minjoo, it’s 2 ing AM in the morning. Why did you scream?” Minjoo’s mom came into the scene.


 

Minjoo with her crying voice, “Chaewon… Chaewon finally confessed her love to Wonyoung and the lived happily ever after”


 

Her mother just gave her a ‘what tf are you talking about?’ face before closing the door without even saying something, but Minjoo could hear a faint sound of her mother from outside, reminding Minjoo that she had a job to do in the afternoon. 


 

“What’s wrong with that face, imagine how happy they are and there’s no more Ahn Yujin, that antagonist” Minjoo decided to mumble that part even though she knew that no one would hear her anyway.


 

She took the novel book on her bed and put it on her desk along with her glasses. She went back on her bed and wrapped herself with the comfortable blanket.


 

The moment she closed her eyes, the drowsiness started to kick in. Minjoo couldn’t help thinking about the story of the novel she read just now. She hoped that she could bring it to her dream, especially the most favorite character of hers, Kim Chaewon.


 

“What does it feel like to be the main character of a story? Would people have their eyes on me? If that so, eyes on me, everyone. Watch me being the main character of this dream”


 

And just like that, she went to the dreamland. Not exactly a dream, cause what happened next in Minjoo’s life couldn’t even be called as a ‘dream’


 

---


 

Minjoo opened her eyes and she found herself in a strange place. If she would describe it, it’s a castle. It doesn’t look like a Victorian-style castle, more like a simple sand castle that people would usually build on the beach.


 

Minjoo was standing in front of the gate and she was totally satisfied by how many flowers filled the ground. Then she, herself, realized that she was wearing a pink dress. 


 

“ahhh, it’s a dream” was what Minjoo wanted to think, but it’s her first time to feel this kind of feeling during a dream. Usually, she would see herself, as if she was watching a movie, but to see everything from her own body’s point of view…. 


 

Definitely a new experience for her.


 

Her amazement didn’t last long because the gate suddenly opened. The interior wasn’t that great, but it did grow Minjoo’s curiosity.


 

Minjoo took a step into the castle. She could tell how silent it was in the castle as she could hear her own steps. The lighting inside the castle was dim, but Minjoo could still see the interior, how there were chandeliers hanging on the ceiling, how the walls seemed like they were coated by paper.


 

A sudden loud sound could be heard, it took Minjoo by surprise. The castle door had closed, but somehow Minjoo couldn’t care less. She kept walking until she found herself standing in the middle of the castle. 


 

“What should I do now” Minjoo said, breaking the silence. 


 

“Welcome to IZ*LAND, Kim Minjoo. We have taken an interest toward the story of your life and we would like to write it as one of our story”


 

Minjoo didn’t know what to response. A human size teddy bear was talking in front of her, most likely to be a person who was cosplaying something, but why a teddy bear?


 

“Ah, we are sorry. It’s rude not to introduce ourselves first” the teddy bowed and it’s right hand touched it’s chest, giving a polite welcome to Minjoo before continuing, “We are the Wize*One(s), but you can call us ‘Wize’ for short”


 

Minjoo looked around, but she didn’t see anything else beside the single ‘Wize’ in front of her, “What do you mean by ‘we’? You’re alone here”


 

“You’re wrong, Minjoo-ssi. You can only see me because I’m the one who is responsible for your story. We are more than one. We are even more than what you think, Minjoo-ssi”


 

Minjoo got goosebumps by the statement. She imagined hundreds or even thousands of Wize were watching her at that moment, but she couldn’t see them. Unexpectedly, questions about her whereabouts or why she was there didn’t even pass in her mind. She’s more curious about the mysterious entity she’s with. 


 

“Wize is a weird name, why do you name yourselves by that name?” Minjoo asked again, curiosity could be seen from her eyes.


 

“It has a deep meaning, Minjoo-ssi. After getting clowned so many times, there’s no way we’re not getting ‘wiser and wiser’. Forget about being clowned, we have been watching whole circus performances so many times by now. To the point where Wize even clown other Wize”


 

“Wiser, huh? I bet you guys will let yourselves getting clowned again” Minjoo savagely said.


 

Instead of a reply, Minjoo got thumbs up from Wize. However, deep down in Wize’s heart, they said something, “If one of the perpetrator say so, what can we do?”


 

“Anyway, Minjoo-ssi, back to the main topic. It’s going to be very long, so make sure to listen to my words” Wize took a long breathe before starting.


 

“I’ve mentioned it that we have taken an interest to your life. Anything that happens in your life starts from the moment you open your eyes will be written as our story. One more thing, it’s a statement Minjoo-ssi, not a question, so you can’t reject it”


 

“Wa-Wait, I think you choose the wrong person. I’m a boring person. Even I, myself, admit that my life is boring. That’s why I read so many stories and imagine myself as the main character. I’m sure that I won’t be able to bring your story to live” Minjoo was happy at first. Although she knew that it might not be real, but when she was given the chance, she’s very happy.


 

However, she realized, she wanted to be the main character, but could she do it? Was she worth it? There were differences between those words and she knew it so well. It would be useless if she was remembered as a boring character.


 

“You don’t have to worry, we have someone who has experienced this kind of thing before. She will guide you well. And just as a reminder, you will have ‘the main character’s privileges’. We can’t tell you about it, it’s something you have to explore more”

 

Wize knew that it wouldn’t be enough to convince Minjoo that she deserved it, that she need to be more confidence, but maybe with this small gesture and a simple statement will do. 


 

“Let the magic works, Minjoo. Open your eyes, follow your heart, and it’s time for you to have your own Fiesta”



 

---


 

Minjoo’s eyes were wide awake. She could recognized the loud sound of her alarm from her phone nearby. She turned it off and looked at the ceiling. 


 

“What an interesting…” she stopped for a while, thinking for the right word to use. “… Dream”


 

There’s nothing unusual happened, the world around her was still the same. However, Minjoo was convinced that her story has started. She gave a slap to her own face and encouraged herself to do a good job.


 

As usual, Minjoo would have her breakfast at home, with her parents. She would go after her father went to work and she would visit a café near her office.


 

The distance between her house and her office is not that far. Hence, she goes to work by walking. 


 

Minjoo opened the café’s door and the smell of coffee gave her a euphoria feeling already. The café wasn’t that crowded, only a few people sat on the chair and no one was ordering.


 

Minjoo went to the counter and ordered an iced Americano. After waiting for a minute or so, she got her order. She took a look at her watch and decided to enjoy her drink a little bit in the café as she had time before her working hour started.


 

She sat on the chair near the window where she could see the scenery outside the café. While sipping the Americano, she would see the cars passed by sometimes.


 

“You’re sitting near the window, with the blinding sunlight illuminate some parts of your head, yet you don’t even flinch, as if you let them because you know that it will increase your beauty. Sometimes, you would smile after sipping your Americano. You’re like a main character in a romance story”


 

Minjoo took a glance toward the source of the sound. She found herself looking at a tall girl with mid-length hair taking a seat beside her table. She got herself an iced Americano, the same drink as Minjoo. 


 

The tall girl smiled at Minjoo. 


 

Minjoo felt shy as she didn’t usually start a conversation with a stranger. Now a stranger ‘compliment’ her, saying that she’s beautiful and such. Minjoo faked a laugh, “thank you”. Anyway, whether you’re shy or not, aren’t you going to get freaked out? No?


 

After Minjoo said that, there’s no more conversation. It had been 10 minutes, maybe the stranger had her own business to do, but the awkwardness was killing Minjoo, she felt like she had to go out of the scene, but the stranger might get offended. In the end, she excused herself shyly, “I have to go now, thank you for your compliments”


 

The taller girl smiled, “Sure”


 

Minjoo went out of the café and sighed in relief. “Wow that was awkward”


 

Minjoo continued walking. She arrived at her office the moment she took a last sip. She threw the plastic glass into the trash bin. It’s still pretty early, but her friends who had already arrived welcome Minjoo.


 

She sat at her desk, her computer, and then put down her belongings beside her desk. While waiting her computer to be completely , she looked at her ‘ex’ manager’s seat.


 

“I heard that we will get a new manager today. I’m so happy that she’s getting married, but sad at the same time because she was a good manager” Yuri, who is her desk-mate said.


 

“Hmm, let’s wish for the best for Mrs. Kwon. We all know that her ‘soon to be wife’ is a nice person. She’s a foreigner and many people said that she’s really pretty” now the computer was ready to use, Minjoo started to work.


 

---


 

It’s almost 10 AM and Minjoo was having a déjà vu. The tall girl that she met at the café was now standing in front of her, introducing herself as Minjoo’s new manager.


 

“My name is Ahn Yujin. It’s my pleasure to work with you. Hope we can achieve our objective by working together” the tall girl bowed a few times at different directions.


 

“OMG, that flirtatious girl! And why her name… is like that antagonist character from the novel I read recently. Damn… just thinking about her name already make me mad” Minjoo was cursing silently. She didn’t even notice that Yujin had taken a seat at the manager’s seat, which is across her seat.


 

“Kim Minjoo Angel? We meet again” Yujin said, making Minjoo abruptly looked at Yujin. “Angel? Who are you calling ‘Angel’?” If Yujin could control how loud her voice, what Minjoo said was just too loud. Even Yuri was laughing because of Minjoo’s face when she realized that some people could hear her.


 

“You were so beautiful at that café that I thought I was seeing an angel” Yujin explained it to Minjoo. “Oh anyway, you’re so red right now” once again Yujin controlled her voice. Only Minjoo could hear that.


 

“It’s because of my pink blusher. Stop flirting, please” Minjoo covered her face with both of her palms. 


 

“Sure, anything for you, baby”


 

Minjoo’s brains stopped working for a while. She tried to get a hold of herself. Flirtatious, tall, and dimple, somehow she didn’t like it the way her mind brought her to what Wize said to her. ‘She will guide you well’. Oh, please….


 

She felt like a genius after thinking like that, but she had one more thing to realize. She had to stay longer especially that day, which mean she would get stuck longer with Yujin. Oh, please!!


 

---


 

Minjoo ignored Yujin that whole day. She didn’t even look at her, when her friends told her how nice Yujin is, she just listened, not wanting to add anything else. She ate lunch at different place, so much effort just to avoid that person. Sadly, she knew that there would be time when her name would be called to job-related topic, especially during this time, because only Yujin and Minjoo were left in the room.


 

“Minjoo-ssi?”


 

Yep, her time has come. She has lived a good life. Now she has to embrace the reality. 


 

“The report you sent to me, can you explain it a little bit about how you get this exact number?” Yujin was so serious unexpectedly. Minjoo had no choice but to come closer to Yujin’s computer.


 

After observing it, Minjoo realized that she made a mistake. “Sorry, it’s a mistake”. Yujin just nodded at Minjoo’s statement, then Yujin typed another amount of number, “Is this the correct one?”


 

“Yes, I’m sorry” actually it’s ‘a bit’ normal to make a mistake like that, but since Yujin is a new manager, Minjoo didn’t want to make a bad impression. 


 

Minjoo walked back to her desk. She didn’t expect another conversation, but Yujin proved her wrong.


 

“Is it normal for you to work until this hour?” Yujin asked.


 

“No, it’s just because today is the last day of the month, so I have so many reports to finish”


 

“Ah, I see” Yujin stopped, but Minjoo knew that Yujin wanted to say something else beside the thing she just said.


 

“Hey, Minjoo” finally Yujin continued. Minjoo just gave her a simple reply, “hmm?”


 

“Do you not like it? When I talk to you?”


 

Minjoo questioned herself before answering Yujin’s question. Did she like it? Or did she not like it? When she read that novel, where Chaewon was so good at flirting with the main character, she liked it. She even questioned it if a person like that ever exist.


 

However, when she got it in real life, it’s not that she didn’t like it, but more like she ‘couldn’t’ handle it. Well, there are so many types of people. 


 

“Maybe that’s because we haven’t known each other well and I know it’s a silly reason, but somehow you remind me of a character, a very bad character, and I don’t like her” Minjoo’s voice got softer the more she talked.


 

Yujin couldn’t hold it anymore. She laughed, not in a rude way. “I guess my name is really impactful, huh? Tell me, Minjoo-ssi. What if… it’s true that I’m the same character as you think?” now the sad expression from before that made Minjoo felt guilty was completely gone. It’s replaced by a smile, not a mocking one, it’s just a smile.


 

Minjoo was dumbfounded. The whole situation confused her. Was Yujin playing with her? She couldn’t read her expression, so the best option for Minjoo was to depend on Yujin’s honesty.


 

“Do you know Wonyoung?” Minjoo asked. If Yujin’s name was exactly the same, then ask about the other character. Yujin might give an important hint whether she knew them or not. That’s what Minjoo expected, but Yujin’s answer just gave her identity right away.


 

“Wonyoung is my ex”


 

Minjoo slowly covered her face once again. “So… You’re really that Ahn Yujin?” Minjoo had accepted the fact that she was stupid for falling into Yujin’s trap even for a while. She could believe it because what happened to her recently didn’t make sense anyway, so another nonsense would be okay to be added.


 

Yujin stood up, she used her left hand to cover her face, while her index finger of the right hand straightly poin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter