The Next Day

I Give You My Blessings

The next day

Kotoko arrived at work at 9am sharp. She went up to the 7th floor and sat down at her desk. She checked if she got any company email and saw her supervisor’s online status is available. She messages him and he tells her to come to his office. Kotoko knocked and was signaled to go in. Naoki looked up and Kotoko handed him a packet of her research. She silently observed him while he flipped through her work. He closed the booklet and Kotoko waited for his response. 

 

Naoki POV

Her research is decent and I can tell she put in effort, but it lacks direction and the research is all over the place. Her points are not elaborated. Let me see her presentation skills. 

“Explain your research to me.”

 

Kotoko POV

Kotoko took a deep breath and told Naoki everything she researched. “...and I finally finish interviewing the last player.” Kotoko silently waited for Naoaki’s feedback.

 

Naoki POV

“I see that you are lacking in presentation skills. You are telling me too much unnecessary information. Your research is lacking directions. Kotoko, you will have to work a lot harder to impress me.” Here is the next assignment with the brief. I expect better work tomorrow morning.

 

Kotoko POV

Kotoko didn’t believe her ears. His feedback was so negative and he didn’t even say appreciate her effort. Naoki didn’t give her any direction and how to improve. Kotoko went back to her desk and researched all day. She is determined to do better and not disappoint him again. It was 9pm and Kotoko still didn’t finish her task yet. She didn’t realize that everyone was out of the office. She packed her stuff and decided to finish the rest at home. Kotoko headed out to the corridor but saw a gleam of light from Naoki’s office. Her curiosity led her to his direction and wondered what he was still doing in his office. She tiptoed to his door and quietly knocked. Kotoko didn’t hear any response so she decided not to disrupt and just turned around to go home. Kotoko arrived home and researched all night.