Finale

I Give You My Blessings

The Next Year

 

Kotoko POV

It has been a hectic school year. It was project after project and no break in between. I am excited to finish this year and look for summer internships again, only one more month to go. 

One morning, I woke up late and missed the bus. I decided to take the subway as waiting for the next bus will take another hour. I ran to the train station at the busy streets of downtown. Suddenly, I paused in my tracks and noticed a huge billboard with a Pandai advertisement. Woah it was the game I was working on last summer. That is my character design! This is so cool. I stood in the busy streets watching the Pandai advertisement. Then it changed to entertainment news. I saw Naoki on the huge billboard. Next to him was a very beautiful woman who screamed elegance. They were like a beautiful masterpiece. Both standing tall and smiling with confidence like they didn’t care what others think. I was mesmerized but was still able to read the caption “Pandai president’s son Irie Naoki is engaged to Sony CTO’s daughter Reiko Matsumoto. They will hold a private beach wedding next month. Please give your blessings to this beautiful couple.” I couldn’t believe my eyes. “But, but” I didn't know Naoki was the president’s son. I never heard anyone in the company gossiping about Naoki. I suddenly realized Naoki is getting married to a beautiful goddess. They are the most compatible couple I ever saw. I always knew I had no chance of standing next to Naoki, but I always had daydreams this past year. I am a little heartbroken but finally seeing his genuine smile on that huge billboard with his arm proudly wrapped around Reiko’s waist, I realized she brings him happiness. She is his other half who will support his dreams. “Naoki, I sincerely give you my blessings and wish you the very best. Your happiness is all that I pray for. Thank you for once being part of my life, but now I need to learn to let go. ”