No way out

Shuffled hearts

After Taemin felt that he’s developing a special feeling for Jonghyun, he decided not to see the guy anymore, or at least until the time he moved on. He often make excuses asking Minho not to let him deliver to Jonghyun’s office even if the guy insisted. The latter don’t really know why suddenly the younger is not talking to him and avoiding him at all.

Minho, whom he can only share his problem about Onew’s best friend advised him to talk to the guy straight and tell him the truth why he is avoiding him but the younger is afraid he might regret seeing the older again. He said he’ll talk to Jonghyun when his feelings are resolved, but for now might as well not see the him in person.

Taemin has never had feelings for other than Onew. He was the first and the last, until he became closer to Jonghyun. He don’t want to say that he’s in love with his husband’s best friend, it’s just an attraction is what he always calls his feelings for him. Or a trial he needed to surpass.

“Taemin, this is the tenth times he ordered this week requesting for you to deliver. Is he insane? I really don’t care if he orders in our shop more often but I’m tired of explaining to him that you won’t be available to deliver, he’s being a pain in the .” Minho complained.

“I’m sorry, Minho. Just give me some time, I can’t meet him right now.” He requested. Minho sighed.

“Why not tell Onew about it?” Taemin shook his head. Minho patted his back. “It’s up to you, if you want to solve this on your own. But don’t forget I’m still here as a friend.” He added, Taemin gave him a bitter smile.

“Thanks for everything, Minho.”

*****

As if fate is so cruel making things worse, Taemin and Jonghyun accidentally crosses their path one evening.

“Hi Jonghyun and Key. Watching a movie?” Onew smiled at the couple. Taemin couldn’t look straight to the two who were as shock as they are when they saw each other that night in a cinema.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun said, looking at Taemin whos eyes are on the other way. “Key wanted to watch Hunger games.” He smiled.

“Really? That’s great! We’re watching the same movie.” Onew smiled surprised. “Why not watch together?” He insisted. Taemin wanted to say no but he couldn’t. He just smiled at Key who is as silent as he is.

“Are you okay Key?” Taemin asked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine just a little tired.” He answered.

*****

Taemin wanted to watch the movie since last week and they had planned about it days ago. He was really excited until they saw the couple. But when they entered the movie house he just can’t concentrate at all. The fact that Key is beside him he felt so guilty. And he sometimes see Jonghyun look at his side which making it worst. He didn’t understand the movie at all.

The atmosphere is rather awkward and nobody wants to talk, though they know they all has something to say but instead decided to remain quiet afraid that they might spill something they do not want each to know.

“Seems like everybody's tired.” Jonghyun fakely laughed. Onew gave the couple in front the menu. After the movie they decided to eat dinner together in the nearest restaurant they found.

“You order first.” Onew told Jonghyun. After they’d ordered still silence remained. Onew decided to break the silence.

“So how’s work?” Onew asked Jonghyun.

“Uhm, fine. A little busy but not like you.” He joked. Onew was surprised his best friend knew he was busy lately doing out of town and all. Taemin didn’t told him that they talked about his complains to Jonghyun. He looked at Taemin.

“I, just told him you’re busy.” Taemin uttered.

“Yeah, just that.” Jonghyun supported. “Didn’t he tell you I sometimes order for delivery in their shop?” Taemin looked at the guy explaining hard.

“Yeah, I know.” Onew smiled. “I just didn’t thought he would tell you about our personal life. He’s not the type who share his life story so easily, but it’s ok.” The brunette hugged Taemin, not noticing pair of eyes looking at his every movements.

While waiting for the food to come, the minutes they are spending together are suffocating each of them. Taemin need some air so he excused himself to go to the comfort room. He’s so tensed he wanted to relax. He washed his face with cold water looking at his reflections in the mirror.

“You’re being crazy, Taemin.” He told himself.

“And why is that?” Someone from the door speaks. It’s Jonghyun.

“Oh, you surprised me there.” Taemin mumbled.

“Why are you being crazy? Is there something bothering you?” Jonghyun asked concern. He tried to pat Taemin’s temple to check if he is sick but the latter moved away.

“I’m ok, I’m just tired.” He said. “I’ll go back to the table.” He tried to leave the toilet but a hand stopped him.

“Taemin, did I do something or did I said something you didn’t like?” Jonghyun’s voice is so sad and low. He don’t know what to say. “Why do I feel like you’re avoiding me?”

He shook his head. “No, it’s not like that.” He answered.

“But why are you not seeing me when I asked you to deliver in my office? I thought we became closer, that I can be your friend.” He uttered.

“I’m just busy inside the shop.”Taemin explained.

“Taemin, I don’t know but I think I became dependent on you. I misses your smile the way you talk to me. Maybe I became more of a distraction to you which made you got tired of my complaints about life. You can tell me if I’m being irritating, I can change.” the older pleaded.

“Jonghyun, you’re making my life miserable.” He confessed. “I need space and time to bring myself back to normal because I feel like I’m going insane.” He’s trying hard not to cry.

“Are you telling me that you’re having feelings for me?” He asked in disbelief.

“I...its...not really...” He struggles for his answer when Jonghyun started to speak.

“I know, I’m feeling the same way.” The older confessed. Taemin can’t believe what he has heard.

“Are you serious?” He stopped trying to look at the older’s eyes. “Because if you are, it’s good and don’t ask me to tell you that I love you too because you and I both know that we cannot. I have, and you have someone already.” He trembles trying hard to explain his point.

“I know.” Jonghyun’s face came closer to his which made him move to his back, body at the edge of the sink he can’t go away from Jonghyun’s. “But why are you so beautiful I can’t take you away from my mind.” His words are melting his heart, his breathe are shivering his body. He loses all strength to fight when he felt Jonghyun’s lips touched his. He closed his eyes and felt the sensation the latter is giving.

This is not right, his mind is telling him to stop but he needed Jonghyun at that moment. He’s being crazy, this is being crazy doing crazy things he never knew he could do. His arms wrapped around the older’s body unintentionally. He was at the state of giving in when Onew’s face crosses his mind. He pushed the older from the kiss, his tears started to fall.

“This is not what I wanted, and I know you don’t want this too so let’s not do things we will regret in the end.” He shivers crying hard he left the guy dumbfounded inside the comfort room.

He knows he’s regretting it already, the fact that he let himself fall from the guy is already a mistake he can’t erase.

 

*****

 

Hi guys, I updated a day earlier than usual, hehe :)

I'm near half of the story already yey! And yes this will be as planned 20 chapters. Soon they will find about their affairs and all then blah blah blah I won't tell you yet. Just follow the story and you'll see :)

Thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing :)