Weakness...

Shuffled hearts

The Cafe where Taemin is working has been so busy lately especially since they started to receive deliveries. Because of so many requests of them to accept deliveries his boss, Minho, decided to make it try and they are receiving good result even in just a week.

Today, another delivery to a new customer, and they ordered a lot. Taemin and another staff brought the orders to the address they gave. They entered the building and went straight to the reception area.

“Hello, we have a delivery for Mr. Kim.” They asked us to sign at the visitor’s sheet then guided us at the elevator. This building is big and has 20 floors.

“Please proceed to the 18th floor conference room.” Taemin pushed the button and in a seconds they arrived at the floor. The secretary assists them to the conference room.

Taemin, what are you doing here?” A familiar voice coming from his back called him. When he turned around he found Jonghyun standing at the door.

“Hey, Jonghyun it’s you.” He smiled at his husband’s bestfriend. “I’m here to deliver the coffee and waffles your secretary ordered.

“Thanks for preparing the table, Mrs. Kim.” Jonghyun looked at the lady who is setting tables. The secretary smiled at him.

“I didn’t know you accept deliveries.” He told Jonghyun. “If I knew I should’ve ordered at your shop.”

“We just started a week ago.” Taemin answered. “Um...we have to go. It’s nice to see you, Jonghyun.” He smiled and prepared to leave.

“It’s nice to see you too. Send my regards to Onew.” Jonghyun waved him goodbye then the younger left.

***

They’re meetings became frequent since Jonghyun started order deliveries. He said he liked their coffee and the waffles are good too. Plus he enjoy his short conversation with Taemin.

“So how’s Onew lately?” He asked Taemin. The younger is seating on the couch inside his office.

“He’s fine. He’s a bit busy though, he’d been going into out of towns recently.” He answered while flipping his phone.

It has been a normal situation for the two to talk about anything every time the younger delivers his drinks. Jonghyun is enjoying Taemin’s company. The younger is a good listener and his calmness is what he likes the most.

Key and Jonghyun are so much alike. They are very frank and short-tempered. It’s worse when they fight because it always ends in shouting. Each don’t want to lose, each don’t want to accept their faults.

The reason why he likes to be with someone a calm as Taemin sometimes. When he say something, he just nods listening carefully. He won’t bother to reasoned out unless you ask him his opinions. And when he give you advice, he explained it at the simplest way he can, with his gentle voice and sweet smile you know he’s sincere. Teamin is young innocent, but thinking is mature. One thing he admire about him.

“How’s Key?” He asked Jonghyun. “I don’t see him lately.” he added.

“He’s busy too, he has a lot of out of town meetings. It’s for his shop, he said he’s working hard for the expansion and he said he’s thinking of designing his own products that’s why.” Jonghyun explained.

“Seems our partners are busy lately. We have something in common.” He smiled bitterly which Jonghyun easily noticed.

“Are you alright?” He ask the younger.

“Yeah I’m fine. It’s just that I feel lonely sometimes. I used to have all his attention.” the younger uttered.

“Don’t worry.” He patted his shoulder. “It will be okay soon after he adjusts in the new office.”

“Yeah I know.” He smiled at the older. “Thanks hyung.”

“You know what, let’s have lunch together. Since you’re here and it’s almost lunch.” Jonghyun offered.

Taemin called Minho and asked for approval. Few seconds later he ended the call. “ Ok hyung, let’s go.” Taemin smiled and they left the room.

***

“Are you going to his office again?” Minho asked when he saw Taemin preparing an order for delivery. It’s the usual Jonghyun ordered which lately he’d been regulary requesting the younger to deliver.

“Um... yeah. I won’t be back until after lunch break.” Taemin informed.

“And you’ve been eating out together recently.” His boss reminded.

“It’s just a lunch. And I’ll be back after my break.” He explained.

“It’s nothing. But, I’m just worried.” Minho sighed. “About you two.”

“Why? We’re friends, it’s just normal for friends to eat out together.” Taemin retorted.

“But you seem so different lately...” He stopped. “...just don’t fall for him.”

“Why would I? He’s my husband’s best friend.” He glared at his boss and friend then finished packing.

“That’s why I’m warning you. There’s just a thin borderline between friendship and lovers, just don’t go overboard.” He advised.

“I know. Don’t worry about me I won’t.” He patted his shoulder and left the shop.

***

Taemin didn’t notice he’s becoming closer to Jonghyun. Yes, they’ve been having small conversations sometimes. They eat out too. But he never thought of it as something to worry about. Until Minho told him he’s being different lately, which he didn’t noticed also.

“You know the food here is good, I come here sometimes.” Jonghyun said excitedly.

Now Taemin can see exactly what Minho wants to say. His heart flutters when Jonghyun smiles, he admires the older’s sweet voice when he speaks. There’s no doubt he likes Jonghyun, though he told himself it’s just as a friend. But now he’s not sure anymore.

“Taemin?” Jonghyun called when he noticed he’s spacing out. “Are you alright?”

Now he’s feeling guilty.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

***

Yay, I got to finish this chapter on time kekeke. This is all about JONGTAE, and the next chapter will also be about the two. ONKEY is somewhere...doing their things. Oh don't hate me for making them cheaters.

Thanks for commenting and for reading.