-Five-

Unlikely Possibility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
5 FIVE  

 

Deciding to sit on the farthest possible chair from the counter, Donghae did his best to block out any possible noises that could infuriate him even more. He was already beyond pissed when he left the school premises, and he believed he just reached his limits talking to Lee ing jae.

 

There was no way his day could get any worse, right?

 

He settled on watching the view outside the glass window, and a surge of tranquility washed over him when his gaze landed upon a cute kid which he assumed was not less than 5 years old playing with a fluffy, white bichon frise puppy. It was a secret to the whole world, except for his Heechul hyung, but Donghae is a major er for cute things. Fish and bear plushies, adorable little puppies and kittens, charming toddlers, name it.

 

It did not take long before the second person on his death note—the first person is still Dean Cha who basically suspended him for two days—appeared in front of his table, balancing his order on a tray. What made Donghae more furious was the annoying smirk still visible on the other’s face.

 

“One honey lemon tea for this angry fishy,” Hyukjae said, laying down the drink in front of him. For a moment he thought the other would scram away after, but Hyukjae made himself comfortable on the seat across from him.

 

“You...” Anger was apparent in Donghae’s tone, but the other remained unfazed. “Don’t you have a life? Stop annoying me and off.” He purposely laced his words with extra venom, however, that only earned him fits of chuckles from Hyukjae.

 

He refused to look at him even when he felt that the other’s staring at him. Donghae believed that he might really lose the remaining string of patience in his system and he might actually slap the out of Lee Hyukjae.

 

Not now, please.

 

“I remembered you also asked me that very same question when we were inside the race car. You asked me if I don’t have a life and you asked me again today. My answer is still the same. I have a life and I’m living it. What’s up with you and life, anyway?”

 

Hyukjae’s words managed to make him look at the other. Donghae knew the other was just kidding probably to even more, but the taller’s words hit him. Surely it was not Hyukjae’s intention but Donghae’s mood reached its all-time low.

“I know we’re not the best of buds, Donghae-ssi, but it would not hurt you to at least talk to me, you know?”

 

“What do you want?” Donghae murmured just enough for Hyukjae to hear.

 

Hyukjae crossed his arms while shrugging. “I don’t want anything, especially not from you. But no offense, you looked like you just came back from hell.”

 

“I did.” It was merely a whisper and Donghae fixed his gaze on his drink once again.

 

“What?” The other across from him asked, eliciting a sigh from him.

 

Donghae stared at the other’s hazelnut eyes with his face void of any emotions. Truth be told, Donghae was just tired from everything and nothing. Considering how unoccupied he would be for rest of the day and for two days, in fact, he decided that maybe he could entertain himself by talking to the last person he expected he would meet again.

 

“I said I did. I just got back from hell and I just met Satan himself.”

 

“Speaking of hell, don’t you have classes or something? Don’t mistake me for being nosy but I heard once from Heechul hyung that the two of you have a full schedule from 8 AM to 5 PM,” Hyukjae asked in all curiosity, “and it’s only 2 PM. I did not perceive you as the type to ditch classes.”

 

“Do you actually think I wanted to be here? Talking to you? I have better things to do—”

 

“Yet you are here,” the other cut him off which earned him a glare from Donghae. “And I wonder why.”

 

Should I tell him? But even if I did tell him, it’s not like he would care or something. The most he could do is tease me even more.

 

“I was suspended.”

 

There. He said it. Donghae actually said the words that were plaguing his mind for the last thirty minutes. And what’s worse? He said it to this exasperating person in front of him.

 

Donghae felt bad deep inside when Hyukjae’s eyes widened like saucers and his mouth wide agape. It took exactly ten seconds for the other to sink his words in, and yeah! Donghae had been mentally counting.

 

“YOU’RE WHAT?! SUSPENDED? WOAH!”

 

“Shh! Turn down your ing voice you ing ,” Donghae snapped, pulling the hem of Hyukjae’s shirt to make him sit down. “I know it’s unbelievable coming from me but it’s true whether you believe it or not.”

 

“Considering that you’re here as well as your foul attitude earlier, yeah I believe you. I just can’t quite understand why.”

 

“And don’t expect I would tell you why.”

 

 

Silence surfaced among them with Donghae looking outside and Hyukjae looking at Donghae. A minute or two had passed when the taller among the two broke the silence.

 

“So, the school really did suspend you huh.”

 

“I already told you, bastard. Stop rubbing it on my face.”

 

A smile that was obviously a grin appeared again on Hyukjae’s face and it was also obvious he was biting his bottom lip to prevent himself from laughing. “For how long?” he asked.

 

“What?”

 

“For how long were you suspended?”

 

“Two days.”

 

“Wow! That’s short.”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes. “That’s because I didn’t ing violate the school rules nor did I cheat and plagiarize. I was suspended for all the wrong reasons.”

 

“Yeah, I believe that. You don’t look like someone who would go against the rules. So, will you now tell me why you got suspended?”

 

“Why does it even matter to you? Don’t you have work right now? Or should I call your manager?” He narrowed his eyes at Hyukjae and the latter just shrugged.

 

“Well, as you can see, the shop is almost empty maybe because classes are still ongoing. Oops! Of course you know that.”

 

“Don’t make me punch you, Lee Hyukjae.”

 

“Pft. As if you can reach me with your short arms. You know what? If you will just tell me the reason then I won’t bother you anymore.”

 

“And like I said, why does it matter to you?”

 

“I’m just curious you know. It’s not always I hear a perfect student being suspended.”

 

“Fine. The principal had enough of me degrading my professors. And to my defense, I was not degrading them, I was just correcting them. Was it my fault they are incompetent?”

 

Hyukjae whistled, “Woah! You sure are a tough one. If I was your principal, I would suspend you for five months.”

 

“Funny! Very funny.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter