-Two-

Unlikely Possibility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 TWO  

Donghae’s head and whole body sored like . Pulling an all-nighter for three days straight now with barely any rests started to take a major toll on his body. Unsurprisingly, he became very sensitive to everything and everyone around him. The tiny bit of noise irritates him to the core and right now, his professor who is yapping and blabbering in front of the class proved to be the most nauseating amongst everything. He would not have a problem if the professor lectures precise and accurate explanations which he should have been doing, but for some reason, the instructor is missing all the shots.

 

His head began to ache in an alerting manner due to the nonsense being taught in front and his patience expectedly reached its limit. With a solid resolution to stop the drivel also known as Professor Bang, he raised his right hand, and with a fed-up expression, he cut off his professor’s lecture.

 

“Is there something wrong, Mr. Lee?”

 

Donghae strongly fought the urge to roll his eyes then and there.

 

“Yes, there is something wrong, Professor.”

 

“Can you please enlighten the class, Mr. Lee Donghae? Just make sure what you are going to say is relevant as you disturbed the class once again for the third time this month.”

 

If Donghae managed to control himself earlier, the case turned 180 degrees this time. He did not bother to hide his frustrations as he rolled his eyes whilst scoffing in a very sarcastic manner. Yes, what Professor Bang had said about him interrupting the class twice before during this month was the absolute truth. He did not mean to act as the villain who is out to hunt his professors’ heads, but he just cannot tolerate stupidity and absurdity all in the same equation.

 

“If I, about to correct your illogical and ridiculous explanations on the topic is considered irrelevant, then don’t you think you are being more irrelevant right now?”

 

“Pardon?”

 

The class was more or less bewildered by the turn of events, but somehow they knew Donghae would win this argument against Professor Bang. Kind of expected to be honest, because he always does. Donghae, being the top one in the whole law school for three consecutive years, just singlehandedly won every argument with their professors. With his infinite knowledge and poisonous tongue, one would truly be afraid to go against him.

 

“If you are about to teach your students about the Masked-Man Fallacy, don’t you think you should learn what that is about first? You don’t clearly know what you are talking about as you are just running in circles about the terms ‘masked’ and ‘fallacy’. You wanted to sound credible by using hifalutin words so we would not suspect that you don’t really know what you are talking about.”

 

“Don’t you think you are already stepping over the line, Mr. Lee Donghae? I am still the professor here and you are just a student.”

 

Donghae wanted to laugh at Professor Bang’s flabbergasted expression but he was not yet done. He would do the laughing later though, probably with Heechul.

 

“So now you are using your position against me? That is so low, Professor. But since I am already speaking and my classmates’ attention are all on us, then let me enlighten them and you, Professor, with the topic instead. The Masked-man fallacy is also called the epistemic fallacy and it is considered cognitive and perceptive. But the question is: how do you know if you are committing this fallacy? If one person makes an illegitimate use of Leibniz’s law—which I’m pretty sure you know by now since I explained it last week—in an argument, then you are said to commit this fallacy. Now, if you guys forgot Leibniz’s law, then it is the law that states that, when one object possesses a certain property, while another object does not possess this property, then the objects are no longer or could not possibly be identical.”

 

He cleared his throat, slightly smirking when he saw Professor Bang bolting out of the room stomping. His classmates cheered like there’s no tomorrow and he swore he saw Heechul holding up a bond paper with the words “Knock him down, Nemo!”

 

 

Lunch break was a mess. What happened two hours ago spread like wildfire around the whole campus, and it did not surprise him anymore when he was called to the dean’s office.

 

Sitting at the very same mahogany seat across Dean Cha, he spotted the middle-aged man entering the office and into his swivel chair. He seemed to be not surprised by the fact that Donghae was once again inside the dean’s office.

 

“Fancy seeing you here once again, Mr. Lee.” Mr. Cha Taehyun, or preferably called by everyone as Dean Cha said in an amusing manner. He had troubles keeping his eyes from rolling and just focused his attention instead on the ticking clock hanging on the wall behind the dean.

 

“Likewise.” He answered, not really wanting to drag the conversation further.

 

“What’s wrong, Mr. Lee? Are you perhaps bored inside my office? Or are you anxious because you should have been studying your lectures instead of being here?” There was a hint of mockery in the tone of the older and he did not like it. Not at all.

 

“Bored as .”

 

“I will be straight to the point with you, Donghae. You are aware that I already lost count of the number of lecturers that have had enough of your attitude, right? I can’t always have them come here just to report that very same top student who at one way or another, disrespected them.”

 

“So, you prefer to have incompetent professors lurking around the campus, spreading nonsense? I thought you made it clear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter