-Seventeen-

Unlikely Possibility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Can you believe it, hyung? I swear to God that man’s insane! He did not just rudely insulted Hyukjae, that old hag even bribed him. HE BRIBED HIM WITH HIS DAMN MONEY! Oh it! He’s totally nuts.”

 

That was the last straw for Donghae. He is not the type of person who emits pettiness but that was it for him. Also, he does not usually take things to a different level or to go to great lengths, but since his father’s petty-mindedness is on a whole new level, he is willing to stoop down to that level.

 

“Donghae sweetheart, I know you’re frustrated and angry but can you please tone down your voice? I don’t want to receive complaints from the management again. Once is enough.”

 

Donghae knew he was being a bother to Heechul who is currently studying for their quiz tomorrow. He already finished studying early on so he could fully rant about his father.

 

Just then, something clicked inside his head. He immediately turned to his hyung who still has his nose buried on his books.

 

“Hyung, I have something to talk to you about.”

 

Heechul noticed the urgency from his tone and so he closed the book and motioned for him to come closer.

 

“Hyung, remember that ridiculous plan we just thought about a year ago? The one we made after we got kicked out of the Supreme Court?”

 

Heechul raised his eyebrow, “You mean your birthday last year? What about it?”

 

“I’ve been thinking for quite a while and what if I pursue that plan? Will you help me?” Donghae looked at his hyung with great anticipation. The plan was in fact, not just a trivial thing but it might affect his whole life. He saw Heechul stared back at him, reluctance being emitted on his body language.

 

“Hae, it’s not that I am against your idea since you know I will always support you no matter what, but are you sure about that? Yeah, it’s possible that you might succeed on that plan but the battle won’t be an easy one,” Heechul explained. “And it badly needs legal procedures. Hae, legal emancipation against your parents is not a joke.”

 

Donghae sighed as Heechul truly had a point. He tried to imagine what would happen to him if he fully and legally cut all of his ties and connections with Lee Donggun and Min Yoori. He tried to imagine what it would feel like to not bear the name that makes him feel like . And they were more than liberating. Just thinking about it gave him some sort of freedom and a full room to breathe in.

 

“Hae, I can see your gears on full operation right now and just know that whatever decision you decide on at the end, I will support you. But let me ask you this: is that what you really want?”

 

Donghae needed more time to think about his final decision.

 

 

A series of knocks were then heard, interrupting both his and Heechul’s deep contemplation. Heechul jumped up from his seat and came back with a smiling Hyukjae. Donghae did not want to say it out loud but seeing the older male somehow dissipated his dread and anxiety.

 

Hyukjae immediately went straight to him and kissed him on the forehead. A gesture from Hyukjae that Donghae grew to love and yearn.

 

“I brought some snacks,” the taller male announced, holding up a plastic bag with the logo of their favorite convenience store. Donghae just nodded, giving him a small smile.

 

 

“You sure about it, Fishy? There’s no turning back after the procedure.” Hyukjae’s tone showed no hints of judgments, disapproval, nor disappointment. It only exhibited how the taller male’s willing to support him. Donghae knew at the moment that he and Heechul had made the right decision to share their plan to Hyukjae.

 

“Yeah.” Donghae answered, snuggling closer to Hyukjae’s side. “Yes, I’m sure.”

 

“But what about your future?”

 

He glanced at Hyukjae. “You’re the one who told me that the sweetest achievements should come from hard work and determination. I will finish my studies as planned and work my way on top without depending on my father’s name.”  

 

Both Hyukjae and Heechul seemed satisfied by his answer as they gave him warm smiles and nodded of approvals.

 

“So, what now? What will be the procedure?” Hyukjae asked and Heechul cleared his throat. An indication for Donghae to let him explain in his stead.

 

They both watched as Heechul walked to a wooden cabinet and pulled out a piece of paper. Donghae recognized the older’s handwriting and the paper appeared to contain some research.

 

“I already have here the whole step-by-step procedure for the legal emancipation in our country. Since baby Hae is already of legal age, it will be easier for him, I mean for us, to accomplish all these things and actually win it,” Heechul explained while the couple listened intently.

 

“I also printed last year a copy of the form you need to fill out. Don’t ask me why or how I got this! I just assumed Donghae would need this one day, and I was right.”

 

Donghae snickered, “Are you sure my father calling you as Donghae’s worthless and imbecile friend had nothing to do with it?”

 

Heechul glared at him. “You got me there, fish. Continuing, let me first ask you several questions, Hae. And let me start filling out this form. My handwriting is way better than yours.”

 

That earned the gray-haired a snort from Donghae and a chortle of approval from Hyukjae.

 

“Are you financially self-sufficient without the government’s aids and all those s?”

 

“Are you sure the question contains the phrases ‘and all those s’, Heechul hyung?”

 

“Don’t question my ways, Lee Hyukjae!”

 

Donghae may or may not cooed at his boyfriend’s pout.

 

“So, Donghae?”

 

Donghae nodded at the question. “Yeah, I think so, hyung. I have saved enough money to last me this college. I only have two years left anyway, and I have plans to get a decent job in the future.”

 

“Alright. Why did I even ask you that? Of course I’m willing to support you even if you are financially incapable.” Heechul dramatically sighed, “Moving on, have you made stable living arrangements?”

 

“Ye—”

 

“The answer is yes, I know. As long as I am alive and as long as you are not married to that idiot beside you, you, my dear dongsaeng is under my wing.”

 

Donghae tried to hide the blush when he heard the gray-haired man’s statement.

 

Married? Woah! I can’t believe I would actually hear those words directed to me. I thought I would die alone.

 

“Lee Donghae, focus! Stop getting distracted just because I mentioned marriage. And you can stop blushing too, Hyuk. You looked like a monkey with a fever. Third question: Are you mature enough to make adult decisions?”

 

“Uhmm...yes? I am twenty-three, hyung.”

 

He heard Hyukjae gasped loudly. He turned just in time for the taller man to pinch his cheeks. “You’re twenty-three? Are you sure you’re not five?”

 

After slapping Hyukjae’s hands away from his face, he motioned for Heechul to continue in which the older did.

 

“I’m assuming that’s a yes. Okay, last question: Are you enrolled in school or have a high school diploma? Of course you do! Enough about this. What circumstances should we include for the emancipation?”

 

Now that question had Donghae trapped in his thoughts once again. On what grounds should he proved so he will be deemed capable of cutting his connections with his parents? A lot of thoughts bombarded his mind and if not for Hyukjae’s arms pulling him by the waist, he would still be lost in thoughts.

 

“I’m not sure, Heechul hyung. What do you guys think? I have so much in my mind right now that I can’t really choose.”

 

Heechul nodded, “Well for starters, you can say that you are already financially independent. Second, you can say that your parents are neglectful although I think the three of us would just end up in prison for that. There’s no way the Chief Justice would let the world know he is neglecting his son. That’s not really good for his image.”

 

“You can also say that you have proper objections

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter