What ifs

Your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung was shocked to see the news about the accident.

 

The memories from seven years ago were coming back to him.

 

That moment when he saw Jimin’s shoes by the bridge, the exact same feeling of extreme shock and sorrow kept on coming to him.

 

And to see Jimin’s cold body floating on the river three days later was enough for him to be mortified.

 

He felt his chest tighten from having to think of all of these.

 

He couldn’t bear to imagine something happening to Jisoo.

 

What if she got hurt?

What if he couldn’t see her anymore?

What if he was too late again even this time?

 

He got a call from RM moments later.

 

“The shooting today got cancelled because of the accident” said RM. “We have yet to know if Jisoo was inside the van and if she got injured”

 

RM heard Taehyung sigh.

 

“They didn’t disclose the hospital in the article but a journalist I know told me” said RM. “I’ll go and see the situation and-..”

 

“I’ll come with you” said Taehyung. “I’ll be ready in 15 minutes”

 

“I knew you’d say that” said RM. “I’ll wait for you at the main gate”

 

RM hesitated a lot before telling him about visiting the hospital but he felt that Taehyung would be very worried.

 

“It usually takes him 3 hours to prepare himself but he said to wait for him in 15 minutes” RM said after he hung up the phone.

 

RM never thought Taehyung would be like that. 

The guy who hated anyone sitting on his bed let Jisoo sleep on it, he hated anyone touching his stuff but he willingly lent her his clothes and getting ready in 15 minutes for the first time in his life after hearing that she might have gotten hurt.

 

RM understood that Taehyung had completely fallen for her.

 

Taehyung had totally lost against Jisoo and even to himself.

 

He was won over by Jisoo, the woman he used to hate.

 

 

Before opening the door of the car, RM handed Taehyung a cap and a mask.

 

“We don’t know if there are reporters” said RM “You should be careful. I’ll park behind the hospital and call you later, alright?”

 

“Thanks hyung” said Taehyung. “You eved had to drive today..”

 

Taehyung went inside the hospital and looked for the reception’s desk to ask about Jisoo.

 

But he was faced with a few reporters in front of the desk.

 

He turned back and took another route then he saw someone wearing a familiar big hoodie just a few meters away from him.

 

It was the hoodie Jisoo was wearing back in the hotel.

 

He became more certain when Jisoo turned to him and saw him.

 

He ran to her and hugged her tight.

 

“I’m glad nothing happened to you” said Taehyung. 

 

Jisoo was startled by the sudden hug coming from him.

 

But she let him hug her for long.

 

She needed someone to hold that time. She felt the need of that warm embrace or else she might collapse.

 

If she had taken the van with Jennie the night before, she might have gotten hurt too.

 

Jennie and his driver were both injured but thankfully they had regained consciousness already.

They had to stay for at least two weeks in the hospital to recover.

 

Jisoo had just gotten home when she received the call that there was an accident so she had been in the hospital since then.

 

 

 

“Where are you going now?” asked Taehyung as he noticed her carrying some stuff. “Are you going home?”

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“Did they send someone to pick you up?” asked Taehyung. 

 

“I drove here by myself” said Jisoo. 

 

Then Taehyung got a call from RM..

 

“I think you need to hurry up” said RM. “A lot of reporters are waiting at the main entrance. Were you able to find out about Jisoo?”

 

“I’m with her now” said Taehyung. “I’ll bring her with me”

 

Taehyung held Jisoo’s wrist and pulled her to the exit.

But Jisoo stopped.

 

“My car is in the front” said Jisoo. “I need to go there..”

 

“The reporters are already there because they saw your car” said Taehyung. “My manager will take care of it, give him your keys”

 

They took RM’s car and left Jisoo’s car to RM.

 

“Do you know how to drive?” asked Jisoo. 

 

Taehyung smirked.

 

“Don’t look down at me” said Taehyung. “Just tell me where your house is”

 

Jisoo gave him her address.

 

“You can sleep if you want” said Taehyung. “You look like you’ll pass out soon”

 

“I won’t sleep” said Jisoo. “I don’t sleep in just anyone’s car”

 

But it only took her 10 minutes to fall asleep.

 

She was sleeping so peacefully that Taehyung couldn’t wake her up even after reaching her house.

 

She was sitting beside him very closely but he couldn’t even reach his hand to her.

 

He wanted to her hair and touch her face but his mind wouldn’t allow him too.

 

He felt guilty. He felt like he was betraying Jimin and himself.

 

Then Jisoo’s eyes slowly opened.

 

“When did we arrive here?” asked Jisoo. 

 

“About half an hour ago” Taehyung responded as he unbuckled her seatbelt.

 

“Thanks for driving me here” said Jisoo. “I’m sorry I troubled you again”

 

She opened the door and was about to get off but she sat back again..

 

“Would you like some coffee?” asked Jisoo. “I thought you might be hungry”

 

He nodded after hesitating for five seconds.

 

He felt strange going inside a woman’s house.

It was the first time he ever went to one.

He was always busy with work that he didn’t have time to visit anyone’s house.

Even when he was in a relationship, the farthest he could go was to dine in a restaurant.

 

“Have a seat while I get you something to drink” said Jisoo. 

 

Taehyung looked around the living room and found some pictures of Jisoo with Jin wearing school uniform.

 

“I went to the same high school with him” said Jisoo. “Your coffee is here”

 

Taehyung sipped on the coffee uncomfortably.

They kept looking at each other but none of them was talking.

 

Then Jisoo’s phone rang.

It was her mom asking about the news.

 

“I’ll go and sleep there today” said Jisoo. “The director told me to come to work the day after tomorrow. Don’t worry about me”

 

As soon as she hung up, Taehyung took the courage to start a conversation.

 

“Are you going to your parents’ house later?” asked Taehyung in a low voice. “I’ll drive you there”

 

Jisoo was surprised by him again.

 

She wanted to decline his offer but she had no one to rely on that time.

 

“Thank you” said Jisoo. “I feel like you are always with me whenever I need help”

 

Taehyung lowered his gaze and put the cup of coffee on the table in front of him.

 

“I’ll wait for you in the car” said Taehyung. “There’s no h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter