Chapter 43

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

Minho's plan was clear, especially now that the number of soldiers in the palace has been reduced. He left the room, went to the port, and led the navy to war without permission from his father who was too stubborn. The crown prince was wearing his war clothes, the dark blue and red clothes of the Silla. Outside the storm was terrible. Loud whistles because of the wind, objects flying in the air. Many soldiers who served in the navy were poor, they were sent by the naval general and prepared the ships and were half-blind every time they passed between the port and the large garden in the palace.

 

Outside the prince's room were four soldiers talking to each other. Because of the noisy thunder, if Minho had made any noise in his room, they would have heard nothing. His room door was fortified with a checkpoint and a lock, if he managed to break it he could leave his room and lead the soldiers to war as if he were their leader and not some little boy trapped inside his room. 

 

The door was not heavy, nor thick, so breaking it was an easy plan. He just had to hope that the soldiers outside will not catch him and imprison him elsewhere once he manages to get out. With his sword, he could make a crack in the door and then break the lock easily, but the general barrier was his problem. Under the door, there was a space with a passage for food which means the door is stuck only on hinges and is not held off the floor. The door can not be opened out because of the same barrier but if you lower the door itself the barrier will not be a problem because it will fall one way or another inward. His body force was strong enough to knock the door off its hinges especially after it breaks the lock. He just has to wait for the moment when the guards will be distracted enough.

 

Minho even thought of the tone of speech he would use to bring the soldiers to his side, who would listen to him. After all, he is the crown prince, the next king, and the leadership traits are what he received from his father, on which he also worked all his life. He is ready. Now he is ready to bring with him the navy, to lead them to war.

 

And that's what he did, the groove in the door next to the lock was no problem, according to the things he heard from outside, the guards did not pay attention to anything at all. After making sure the lock was broken he waited for the thunder that came every few minutes, in each thunder he used his body strength to loosen the hinges, which surprisingly were not as strong as he thought they would be. After a few blows even with his sword, the hinges came out completely out of place and the door fell inwards showing a useless barrier. 

 

Minho didn’t wait for another second and went out of his room, making the four guards panic. They froze in place from the shock. "Quick, bring all the remaining soldiers, and inform the navy to prepare the ships for the move," the prince ordered the four who had not had time to think or process what exactly had happened. The guards immediately carried out what he was instructed without question. Of course, they had a lot of questions in mind but did not dare to ask them. They were afraid of the prince, he was up higher than them and the king was not there to restrain him.

 

The first place Minho went was to the armory, where some arrows and a bow had remained. He then ran to the stable to take his horse with him to ride to the port where the ships were. At the port, he instructed every soldier he saw what to do, what to organize, and that they set off once the storm would end without waiting another single moment. 

 

The general of the navy was awakened by a soldier knocking on his door at such an early hour on the morning of the third day of the storm, the guard was all wet and he was stuttering because of the cold. "S-sir..." he gasped, "Prince," only that word was enough to cause the general to wake up completely. He sent the soldier back to the port while he himself quickly dressed in war clothes and armor and hurried to the place where the crown prince waited.

 

In one of the buildings near the pier infested with soldiers was the prince with a number of soldiers who were in charge of the ships. "Choi Minho," the general entered the room where the prince was with a map and equipment, and lists of the ships. All the people in the room looked at their commander, not knowing whether to be afraid of what would happen to the prince or to them. "Lee Hyukjae, will you lead the navy by my side?" The prince asked him in a calm voice. "You are better at this than I am, General." Hyukjae wasted no time in standing next to the prince who moved to the side to give him access to the map. It reminded him of his first voyage, General Lee standing next to him and his sister who was about to get married.

 

⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

 

The morning after the storm there was heavy fog coming from nowhere, which gave the north an advantage in advancing to the fortified city. Naval forces also began to approach the shores of the Silla. Uljin's navy was ready, even if it did not receive approval. The ship leaders appointed by that initiative boy understood that the king would continue to be stubborn and therefore acted against his words. They had to be ready for a naval battle as soon as possible.

 

The Northern navy set out from an eastern city in northern Koguryo, on their way to join forces with the Hokkaldo Navy, which looked so large and menacing.

 

"Send a message to Kyong-ju's navy," the king said in the late afternoon of the day before the attack. Even if the Northern navy took a day to reach the city, everyone knew what was about to arrive and immediately followed the king's instructions without asking questions. "My King," General Park turned to King Choi. "They will not get here on time." But Siwon did not listen and left the room where the general and the other leaders were. Everyone understood that they had to be ready and alert for the morning, as they had been since the storm ended. Ready for anything, even if they were blind because of the fog.

 

In the middle of the night, ten Silla soldiers died from poisoned arrows. The same soldiers were stationed on out-of-town roads with large torches. From the observation points on the wall of Uljin could see the torches turned off, which means that the north advanced to the city. Arrows fired at the city's turrets and killed observation guards. This was the first blow before the battle and the invasion of the fortified city.

 

Indeed in the morning, after the fog had disappeared, the northern army stood outside the walls, ready to attack. Although they were some distance from the big, thick wall they could be seen clearly. Large catapults were with them. From the sea, the northern navy also approached. Their black and red flag with the symbol of the serpent, revealing its fangs.

 

Soldiers of the Silla Army were stationed at positions on the wall, turrets, streets, and port, all ready for attack. From the highest turret, a loud shout was heard. "Look," a soldier pointed south to the sea where dozens of other ships appeared. They sailed towards the northern navy. Choi Siwon who was stationed in one of the turrets advanced towards the high turret, stealing from a soldier the telescope through which he was looking towards the southern navy. 

 

His son stood at the head of the largest ship sailing at the front, behind him, Lee Hyukjae stood, Silla Navy General with a focused look on the target. The Silla's purple and white flag fluttered in the air proudly from the mast. Many soldiers stood on the ships. More ships kept coming, lighter wooden ships and a flag with the sun symbol of the Kansal kingdom. On the main ship stood the General of the Kingdom next to Lee Jinki.