Chapter 2

Love's to Blame

Tss. Why are they always clinging to him? Is he that handsome? Eunji thought when she happened to sight a bunch of girls flirting with the ultimate playboy in this university, Nam Woohyun. For Eunji, Woohyun is just an average guy. Well in honest thought, Woohyun and Myungsoo are far from being an average face, they always stood out even if they are in a crowd, it's just that, Eunji doesn't think of them as what other girls think of them. She doesn't share the same thoughts with everyone specially when it's all about those three - including Naeun. And heck, she will die first before she would acknowledge to herself that those 2 guys are actually good looking. She wouldnt let them know it, specially Woohyun. That guy is so confident. He is so full of himself. 

Eunji just ignored that scene and walked passed through them. On the side of her eyes, she saw Naeun staring at her best friend like she was asking for his attention. She rolled her eyes at the latter. Geez, if she will just say it out loud Woohyun will leave them and he will obviously choose her. Woohyun will abandon everything for Naeun.

She shrugged her thoughts about them and went to the gymnasium to have a peaceful rest before the stress comes. Another school year, another hardships. 

But before she can have her beauty rest, the thought of knowing which class she is popped on her mind. How can she be so idiot that she totally forgot about the most important thing to do in the first day of school. 

Eunji greeted the school registrar and ask for her schedule and class. She did not spent too much time waiting and she got it maybe 2 or 4 minutes after she came here. She stare at her designated class. 

"I hope you give me an interesting and memorable school year." She whispered. After she got what she wants she once again went to her comfort zone place but when she got inside, she regrets coming here when she recognize the person who went here first before her. 

" I thought she will just pathetically look at Woohyun all day long flirting." Eunji muttered to herself. She was about to go some other place when Naeun called her name. 

"Eunji-ah. You don't have to leave. I will leave." She ignored her and she just decided to go to her class room. Son Naeun, you did not even change a bit. The same old Naeun who is a selfless girl, an innocent and almost perfect type of girl that every men want. 

They used to be friends. Not only friends but they got each others back. Eunji used to be Naeun's bodyguard. Whenever Naeun was bullied, Eunji will fight for her but then again, they grew up and that's where everything messed up. 

In her way to her class room, she once again crossed paths with Nam Woohyun but the difference is he's not alone, he's with Kim Myungsoo. She have this thoughts that Myungsoo and Woohyun already made up and maybe, he did also with Naeun, that girl is too forgiving. Good for them. 

She arrived and of course no one is around. She was 20 minutes ahead. She just checked her phone, waiting for the bell to ring. Not a minutes later, other students are arriving one by one. Some were greeting her, some were not. She doesn't care though, she looked around to see if there's someone who can make her whole year enjoyable but seems like there wasn't not until Yoon Bomi, her friend for the last 3 years - appeared.

As soon as their eyes met, Bomi, as energetic as ever, screamed at the top of her lungs startling the others and run into her. They hugged each other as if they didn't see each other for such a long time where in fact they only met one week ago. Crazy right? 

"I thought I would be sad this year. I guess I will not." Bomi acts like she was wiping her tears. Eunji agreed for she was having the same thoughts earlier. 

"Have the same thoughts" She replied. Bomi took a sit beside her and talked - more like rants endlessly about her new boyfriend. Eunji just listened to her tantrums when suddenly, the bell rang. 

All students who were chaotic seconds earlier act like nothing happened. Then not minute later, a tall man, comes in. Introducing himself as Lee Kwang Soo, their Math teacher. Eunji didn't pay attention that much, it was only first day today. No need to be that serious. 

As soon as he's done introducing, Mr. Lee brought a news that shocked all students. 

"For this first day, they are two students who will join us to have a good memories this whole year so let's all welcome them. You can come in now. " 

But not only two transferee students came in, they were 5 and the 3 of them were not transferee. 

As soon as they came in, loud whispers wrapped the room. Some were already screaming, some were just trying to control themselves by screaming with their mouths closed. How talented. Eunji sarcastically thought. 

Everyone started murmuring here and there. 

"Oh my! Is this a dream? I'm in the same class as Myungsoo and Woohyun? And hey, the new guy is also good looking." 

"I prefer the new guy" 

"Woohyun-ah" "Myungsoo-ah" 

"Son Naeun is really a goddess. If this a dream, don't wake me up." 

And many more nonsense things they continue to blabber but for Eunji, she already wants to change her class. She can't stand it being in the same room with only one of them. Having the three of them together will really suffocate her.

​​​​​​" I was so sure that I didn't misheard that there are only 2 transferee students here." 

"Oh right Mr. Lee, the 3 of us here aren't a new students. We were just a minutes late and chose to end your introduction before barging in." Woohyun cheekily replied to the professor and pointed at the 2 transferee "They are the new students. Sorry for being late in the first day of your class sir. " Woohyun, Myungsoo and Naeun bowed. Mr Lee let them for this day and proceed to let the 2 introduce themselves. 

The girl transferee was the one to speak first. 

​​​​​​"Hello, I'm Park Chorong. Nice to meet you all" male students start to give their reactions and of course, they really liked it. 

Chorong who was slightly disgusted at the male students reactions keeps her smiling face. s. All guys are the same. She thought. So I have to spend my one year here? Is this a good or a bad idea? 

​​​​"Kim Sunggyu" Chorong heard the man beside her spoke. Oh so he's name is Sunggyu? 

After the introduction, they sat beside each other in the last row. Chorong has no complain though, she likes not to be noticed but she can sense that someone was staring at her and she was right. It was the student who she bumped with earlier. She looked away and shrugged him off.

Eunji stared at the 2 new faces, Chorong has this cute facial features that suits her brown straight hair and white skin. With her charming and naturally cute voice, she can wrapped many men she wants on her fingers, the reactions of her male students were the best evidence of it but her gaze didn't last long to Chorong because when the male transferee spoke, her attention immediately shifts to him. 

Kim Sunggyu? He has a nice name. Eunji thought. She took her time staring at Sunggyu and she can already describe him. He has fluffy black hair, a tiny eyes, it was a cute tiny eyes, his high pointed nose, his natural small red lips and his fair white milky skin also add his not so gentle voice. This guy would be in the same level as Myungsoo and Woohyun. Female students squeals at the sound of his voice. Just his name and everyone is losing their minds. 

"Yah Jung Eunji! Stop staring or else he will melt at the spot" Bomi whispers on Eunji's ear and made the latter flushed. Eunji also realized that she's staring at him too much. That's embarrassing, she thought. 

"I'm not staring." Eunji shortly replied while blushing and hoped that Bomi would stop teasing her. And just on time, Mr. Lee starts his lectures and Eunji tried to get her mind away from a man named Kim Sunggyu. 

----

All students were all smiles in the cafeteria. Who wouldn't? And Jung Eunji isn't an exemption on that, she immediately fall in line to order, luckily, the menu for today is her favorite. As usual, cafeteria is  really a noisy place but Eunji didn't expect to overheard a conversation. 

It was all about a same old story where a group of es have this one bully victim and somehow proud to talk about what they have done. Tch, pleasures on hurting someone I see. 

"Seung yeon is still upstairs, teaching that a lesson." 

"I dont even understand why Woohyun Oppa likes her. I mean, she's just plain looking and average." 

And at the mention of Woohyun, Eunji has now an Idea who they were talking about. It's all about Woohyun again, she thought and immediately run to go upstairs, and she guess she just got on time. 

Her hunch was right all along, it was none other than Son Naeun, who was gladly accepting being bullied. Naeun's face was covered in fear. Eunji got frustrated, damn, this girl really don't know how to fight even just for herself. She was just there, sitting quietly while being hit by a . Eunji took out her phone and start recording what's happening. 

"Leave Woohyun oppa alone. You understand?" Seung yeon continued to hit her with a book, backpack or anything she touched but still to no avail, Son Naeun still don't to anything to fight back. 

That's when Eunji intrude. 

"You'll go this far just for Woohyun's attention?" Eunji calmly approached the two. Seung yeon glared at her but Eunji did not even budge. "Says the one who's using a reverse psychology just to make Woohyun oppa and Myungsoo oppa talk to her." Eunji raised a brow. So all this time everyone thinks that I don't talk to them just for them to notice me more? Tss. What a pathetic mindset they have. Eunji laughed at her statement that made her even more furious.

"Oppa my . And for your information, I chose not to talk to them not for them to notice me more but it's just how everything happened, because I chose to. There's a difference."

"You know I feel sorry for you. You do everything just to make him notice you but still, you're just like an air to him. Invisible." 

Seung yeon raised her hand to slap Eunji but she played the video she took earlier and shoved it to seung yeon's face. 

​​​​​​" Nah uh. You wouldn't even dare to lay a finger on me or specially to her. Once you did, you'll be viral in just a span of time." 

Seung yeon ran away from the scene leaving them alone. Eunji was about to leave also when she heard Naeun. 

"Thanks Eunji-ah" Eunji stopped on her tracks. She took this chance to put some sense into that beautiful head of hers. 

"You know Son Naeun, Woohyun will not be always around to protect you from the bullies. Not everyone will arrived on time and save you. No one can save you but yourself. You can have no one but only yourself." She left her behind wishing that she understood what she was trying to tell her. 

Eunji then realized what did happen. 

Eunji missed her breaktime and helped Son Naeun. 

So frustrating! 

----

As soon as she noticed that Eunji was already outside, Chorong come inside the room, she approached Naeun who was still sitting and staring at nowhere. She sat beside her quietly, Naeun turned around, noticing her existence. 

"I was outside the whole time. Watching how you got bullied. Sorry for not doing anything." Chorong told her. In fact, she was about to stop and help her but she saw someone recording the whole scene. She recognize who that girl is, she's on the same class with her. 

​​​​​​"You just did what's the right thing to do." Son Naeun consoled her when she took noticed of the guilty expression written on her face. Chorong frowned at the latter's response. 

"Yeah right, watching someone to get bullied and do nothing was the right thing to do." Chorong sarcastically replied that made Naeun laughs. Naeun extended her hand and introduce herself, it was the first time for her to do a friendly move however when Chorong approached her, she kinda feel like they will get along. 

Chorong gladly accepted her hand and did the same thing. The both of them didn't have appetite anymore, they decided to just wait for breaktime to be over inside the room. Not a minute later, a guy cam inside looking for Naeun with a sandwich and a cola in his hands. "Yah Son Naeun, I didn't see you at the cafeteria. I knew you haven't eat anything so I brought you some sandwich." 

Chorong stared at the guy, she has no good impression on him since he bumped into her this morning but as she saw how he takes care of Naeun, her impression on him changed a little bit, she only thinks of him as an idiot and a creepy person who stares at others but now, she also thinks of him as good friend. But hey, she wasn't sure if friend is the right term to say, maybe they are more than that. 

"You don't have to Woohyun-ah but thanks anyway." Oh so Woohyun is his name, he did not replied but just give her a smile and ruffle her hair that made Naeun groaned in annoyance. Woohyun turned to look at the other student beside Naeun and their eyes met just for a second when Chorong immediately look away when she noticed him looking at her. 

Woohyun just shrugged it off and apologized to Chorong as he only bought one sandwich as he had no idea that Naeun was with someone, it was also the first time he saw Naeun talking with someone, that woman is too introvert, Woohyun doesn't understand how Naeun can live that life of hers. Sitting quietly and not talking tortured Woohyun just by thinking of it, He applauded Naeun on his mind, surviving the whole school years on the past. 

"Nah. It's alright" was Chorong's only response to Woohyun. They just gave each other a small smile and he sat on his desk. 

----

"So you managed to made a friend on your first day." Woohyun opened a conversation as he walked Naeun into their house. It's not like he was responsible to take her home but it was his own desire to makes sure she would get home safe and sound. 

"That's because I'm amazing" Naeun playfully answered him that made him scoffed. He just ruffled her hair. He really likes ruffling her hair because of its softness. 

"Yeah right" They have reached her home in no time and bid their goodbyes. 

Both of them just dozed off that night thinking what could happen with their last year in high school. 

------