Chapter 4

Love's to Blame

Sunggyu groaned as the Prefect of discipline head's words sinks into his mind. Punish? them? as in including him? Why is he included in doing the punishment? He did nothing wrong! In fact he stopped the idiot guy from beating the out of the bully. This is unfair to him. 

"We will accept the punishment ma'am" Woohyun and Myungsoo said in unison. They should be! But excluding him. He raised his hands to oppose them.

"Excuse me ma'am but may I know why do I also need to do the punishment? As far as I remember, I told you that I just stopped them so why am I still involved in this?" Sunggyu tried his very best not to be sound rude but he guess it didn't turn out that well as he can sense the stares of the other people inside the office but does he care? Of course he didn't!

"Mr. Kim and Mr. Nam violate the rule of no fighting within the school's premises. As for the others, you didn't really violate any rulus but it was clearly stated that you were involved, you were punished for the reason of not calling any head teachers in the middle of the fight that it caused Mr. Nam and Mr. Kim to prolong their beating to Mr. Bang. "

The head of POD explained but still to Sunggyu it doesn't all make sense! He was about to object once more but they shut him off by saying that they will add more punishments if he will not stop objecting.

"For your punishments, there is a building at the back of the school, it was used a long time ago. You need to clean that building including the rooms in it and I'm just giving you a month to finish all that." As they were given the punishment, they were all dismissed. No one dared to talk as soon as they got outside not until Sunggyu groaned and kicked the wall in front of them.

Naeun and Chorong flinched on his sudden action.

"What joke is this?" Sunggyu glared at them with those tiny eyes.

"You wouldn't be involved if you didn't do anything. But you jumped into someone's business and that's what you get" Eunji who wasn't affected on his rage talked back to him but instead of getting mad at her, he was amazed on her not taking a if she was bullied. The way she told what happened since the beginning amazed him, she just told them emotionless that she was bullied by the guy that's why Myungsoo and Woohyun attacked him.

Sunggyu had the chance to stare at her and was curious on why would Myungsoo beat someone that bad just because of her.

To answer his curiousities, he acts like he was in rage and step closer onto Eunji but Myungsoo once again shields Eunji and hide her behind his back, and faced him. Sunggyu smirks on his conclusion. In fact it wasn't just a conclusion. It's the truth.

Sunggyu still has his smirk on his face when he stepped back and left them on their own.

He likes her. Myungsoo likes Eunji but Eunji seems not interested in him. What a drama! It was just his second day but it looks like he will be having an interesting one year here with all of this drama. Might as well enjoy this.

Eunji pulled herself away from Myungsoo who acts like he was like a knight on shining armor. She doesn't need any protection. She is far from being a damsel in distress that's why she can't understand why Myungsoo would do such thing just because of her. She was annoyed! But she doesn't know why she is annoyed, maybe it was because of Myungsoo protecting her when she doesn't want to be protected, or maybe because of the punishment they need to share, or maybe im the fact that Sunggyu, Woohyun, Myungsoo, Chorong and Naeun were dragged down on this situation. In the first place, nothing of this would ever happed if she just did fight back but she was just too tired to pick up any fight and besides, she was up to some guy who knows what could happen if she ever fought with him.

"Why did you have to do that? I'm no damsel in distress! Look what happened?" She growled at Myungsoo. She knew she shouldn't treat him like this, after all, he just helped her but Jung Eunji is a woman of pride. She doesn't want to look helpless, pityful and weak in others eyes. She wants to be seen as different from everyone.

Chorong was about to say something when Eunji walked out and followed by Myungsoo.

"Woohyun-ah, Chorong-ah, you can go first. I'll go somewhere. Take care." Naeun ran and just waved them goodbye.

"Yah Naeun-ah. Where are you going?" Woohyun shouted but Naeun was already lost in their sight.

"So, are you going home?" Woohyun shooked his head at Chorong's question, he doesn't want to go home, it's too early. He thinks of things that he could do, he can play at cafe shop, or what else?

"Would you go to the mall with me? If you're not planning to go home yet." Chorong felt embarassed asking him that, she doesn't know what's gotten onto her mind and ask him to go with her.

Woohyun playfully smiled at her. "Are you asking me out on a date Chorong-ssi?" Chorong felt her blood rushing into her face but she hide her embarassment by acting like she will smack him.

'This conceited guy!'

"Aish! Too full of yourself arent you?"

"So what? You coming with me or not?" She asked him one more time. And now, all of her embarassment flew away and just casually ask him like a friend. Maybe the reason she was flustered earlier was the fact that she just did the first move to a guy but when she think about it once again, Woohyun is actually her friend so what's wrong with asking him to go with her in the mall? It's not like they're going to do something. She thought.

Woohyun think about it. He was torn between going out with Chorong and find Naeun as soon as possible. He's contemplating. Chorong must have noticed it. He's maybe planning to follow Naeun and just to shy to turn her down.

Chorong cleared . "You know, you can say no. I think you want to follow Naeun."

Woohyun shooked his head. Maybe Naeun leave them in purpose and that's to know each other better so he grab the oppurtunity to know her. The first time he saw Chorong, he has this thought that she will get along with everyone and maybe he's not mistaken.

"Chorong-ssi. I accept your invitation for a date." Woohyun playfully said that made Chorong rolled her eyes at him, in a jokingly manner as well.

"For the nth time Woohyun-ssi. This is not a date." They just smiled at each other and started walking.

----

Naeun ran as fast as she can to caught up with Myungsoo. She followed him to ask if he was alright. The bully may be not able to stand against him but she knew he was hurt. She wanted to ask him that question the moment they were called by the POD's head but never had the chance.

She saw him sitting behind a tree. She also sat not too near but also not too far beside him. Myungsoo noticed and turned around, only to found her beside him.

No one took the courage to talk first. Naeun was too shy to even speak. This was the first time she approached him. Woohyun was always the one who keeps on approaching to him. Myungsoo have a lots to say but he can't find the right words to start. In the end, they just let the silence wrapped them.

"Are you okay? I believed Eunji didn't mean anything she said." She tried to comfort him. He just looked at her for a second.

"You don't know her anymore. She changed Naeun or maybe not. She's confusing me" Naeun vigorously shooked her head eventhough he couldn't see because hie eyes were tightly shut. She disagreed on what he said, Eunji didn't changed! Despite this everything that is happening to them, she knew that deep inside that cold attitude of her, there still the old Eunji she knew.

Eunji is the kindest among them four, if everyone was saying that Naeun is a kind person then Eunji is the kindest.

"She didn't change Myungsoo. It's just that she chose to hid her real personality to create one."

Silence enveloped them. How she miss having a talk with him, doesn't matter if it was a huge talk or a little one. They just stared with each other for a moment that Naeun even realized how handsome Myungsoo really is.

'how come him and Woohyun grew up as handsome like this now?' she thought.

"It's unfair how Woohyun and Myungsoo became handsome like this. Puberty must really hit them so hard." she accidentally blurted out that loud that caused Myungsoo to be confused.

"What?"

Naeun, immediately turned her back from him due to her embarassment. She heard Myungsoo chuckled that made her even more embarrassed.

"Son Naeun!" She didn't even dare to look back at him and walk even more faster. I'm such an idiot. Naeun muttered. 

"Are you going home?" Myungsoo asked her when he caught up with her. Naeun nodded.

"I'll walk you home then."

-----

Chorong first went to a book shop, she loves reading. She reads in a mobile application and even buy a book version of the stories she likes. Unluckily, the book she wanted to buy is already sold out. She sighed.

"What's with that face?" Woohyun when he noticed her. Chorong jumped a little as she got a little surprised when Woohyun popped in front of her out of nowhere. The moment they got inside the bookstore, Woohyun went first to the adult themed section and look for a mature themed book. Chorong just gave him a disgusted look and left him there and proceed to look for the book she was hoping to buy . 

'Geez, boys and their libido.' she thought. 

"The book I want is already out of stock. Not surprised though, the story line and the plot twist itself left a huge impact on the readers and to me." she sighed. maybe she can go back here next time and of course she will definitely buy her favorite book. 

"So, since here we are, why don't we stop by and eat. It's pass six in the evening already. I bet you're hungry. "

Woohyun smirked and holy shizz, Chorong can't understand why her heart starts beating rapidly when Woohyun flashes his infamous smirk . Afraid of what could that mean, Chorong left him and went ahead him first. Not wanting him to notice her flushed cheeks and to heard her heartbeats if that's even possible .

----