Chapter 3

Love's to Blame

Myungsoo was considered as the man who God gave everything. His perfect looks that can make girls go crazy with him but in reality, He wants to be recognized not because of his appearance but because he knows he's much more than his handsome face yet 3 years ago, a girl confessed to him that she likes him not because of his face, she likes him as himself. He's somewhat glad that someone already set her eyes on his personality rather than to looked on his looks but turned her down due to the reason that he only see her as a close friend and he likes someone else at that time. And that's where everything, their friendship went down. 

The day after Jung Eunji confessed to Kim Myungsoo, she began to act cold towards them, been hostile, talked less than usual and days later, she totally drifted away from them. Not able to keep his conscience  Myungsoo also chose to left the two and followed Eunji's way. Not talking even though they see each other, there's no way that they would not happen to bumped to each other due to the fact that they're attending the same school and also, they also live on the same neighborhood. 

And now, everything is too complicated than usual, the four of them ended up in the same class is not a good idea or so he thought. In fact, Myungsoo does miss them, whenever he eats alone, he always remember the times when they used to eat together. When he plays on his video game, he always recall the times he and Woohyun ended up betting who would win the round. He missed Eunji's way on training his vocal, he has this dream of being a singer and Eunji shared the same dreams with him thus, they used to trained their vocals together. And of course, he miss the ever innocence of Son Naeun. 

Everything was messed up when they grew up and also grew feelings to each other. Eunji for him and him for Naeun. But that was 3 years ago, he moved on from his childhood crush and he knows Eunji also felt the same. 

He wants to earn their forgiveness and start anew with them but if he do will do that, he will be selfish once again and they would left Eunji behind. Eunji migjt show no concern towards them but he knows it was the total opposite. Myungsoo caught Eunji many times fighting all crazy fangirls who did or who attempt to do something to Naeun. Eunji is still the Eunji they knew, she didn't change at all. 

Myungsoo was drowned on his thoughts when he peaked outside from his windows. He saw Woohyun and Naeun walking outside, they look like they enjoyed their each others company, Naeun was playfully hitting Woohyun's shoulder while laughing and Woohyun would just ruffle her hair. Just like what they do since then. Myungsoo just lay down on his bed, waiting for drowsiness to come and let him sleep while thinking on how to fix their ruined friendship. He has 10 months to do it. He wouldn't let that 10 months to pass without changing anything. 

Morning came. He arrived at their school, on his way, he saw Naeun with the new female student, what was her name again? Choa? Sound something like that. Not so long after, Woohyun also arrived and greet the two. Seems like they already befriend the transferee. How about the other transferee, he wonder. Eunji also arrived together with Yoon Bomi. Eunji, Bomi and him were classmates since last year and he can see why those two became friends. They are almost alike, they shared the same interests. 

Since Eunji came, he can't turn his gaze away from her, it was like something is telling him to just look at her. Her smiling face, those eyesmiles that can attract anyone, her medium length light brown hair with side bangs. Myungsoo has no idea why he can't take his eyes off from her. He noticed Woohyun looking at him, confused then look at Eunji.

To stop raising Woohyun's suspicions, Myungsoo successfully turned his eyes away from Eunji and just sleep on his desk. But Woohyun's a man with so much curiosity and he will not let it pass without knowing the answer on the things he was curious about. 

A lot of thoughts come inside his head but he doesn't want to assume anything, it was much better if he asks him personally in which he intends to do later right after the class. 

Eunji maybe sensed someone's looking at her, she turned around and she confirmed it. Someone is really staring at her, Kim Myungsoo is that someone. She just gave him a sullen glance and continued talking to Bomi until their instructor came inside. 

Their subject now is Ethics and their teacher already gave them the lessons they will be having for the whole semester. 

"But for now, we will group you into six persons and I have this special activity for you. I will give you a word relating to our whole lesson plan and I want you to explain what comes first into your mind when you hear that word." 

"Actually I already group you so listen and remember who are your group mates. For group 1 we will have Yoon Bomi, Lee Sungjong, Kim Jongdae, Oh Sehun and Oh Hayoung." 

Bomi groaned beside Eunji. She already dislike her group. She knows no one on her group. Eunji just laughed at her friends misfortune. Eunji really doesn't care who are going to be her group mates as long as it won't include, Nam Woohyun, Son Naeun and Kim Myungsoo. 

"For group 2, Jang Dongwoo, Hong Yookyung, Lee Gikwang, Yang Yoseob, and Yoon Bora." 

"For group 3 they will be, Jung Eunji, Nam Woohyun, Kim Sunggyu, Son Naeun, Park Chorong and lastly Kim Myungsoo" 

The Eunji, Naeun, Woohyun and Myungsoo were all shocked about the groupings and gave different reactions while Chorong felt relieved knowing that she's with both Naeun and Woohyun, she already felt comfortable around the two even though they just met and Sunggyu, well, he's sunggyu, he's a type of guy that doesn't care about what happening around him. In Sunggyu's head, he just have to cooperate with them and let alone get done with this special activity. 

Eunji was, well, she doesn't know how to feel about her group, is she furious? Is she uncomfortable? Is she satisfied? Is fate really playing with them? Isn't it enough to have them four in the same room? It was just their second day and so much is already happening. How much more for the next days and months? 

Myungsoo was delighted with the fact that fate is on his side, helping him to fix whatever he needs to fix. Little did he know, there was also one reason for his happiness on his group and that was Jung Eunji. His confused self just doesn't figure it out for now. 

Woohyun on the other hand is worried about Naeun of course. He's torn between the idea of bringing their friendship back and the fact that maybe, they don't want them anymore and that thought would surely hurt her. However, he should take a risk, it's either hurting her in the process that will make her happy on the end or it will be protecting her feelings from getting hurt and have nothing in the end. Surely the first option is worth for taking a risk. 

If we will talk about innocence, natural kind hearted person, Son Naeun will be the first person that would come in everyone's mind. If there's someone who's extremely in bliss with this activity it's none other than her, she missed Myuggsoo and Eunji and doing a group activity will give her time to spend times with them. 

"For this activity, as I said earlier, I will assign a word to every group and you have to explain what does it mean to you. But take note, just because you are in group 6 you will be the last one to present. I originally group you randomly, and the day of presenting is random too, for example, next week we will discussed about the importance of ethics so the group who I gave the word ethics should present right before we start our class. That means group 4 will be the first group to have their presentation and that same goes with the remaining groups. Does everyone understand?"

"As if I have a choice." Eunji murmured. 

"Did you say something Eunji?" Bomi asked her. She just shook her head and pretend to take notes whatever their teacher is saying." 'Me, Naeun, Myungsoo and Woohyun together? What a joke. Could this year get any better?' 

Their class ended, Myungsoo hurriedly went outside, same as Eunji and Bomi. Woohyun also left and from the direction he went, it seems like he followed Myungsoo. Chorong approached Naeun to ask when they should discuss their topic. Naeun shrugged, she also have no idea when, Eunji and Myungsoo are too hard to approach, let alone to have some time to talk. She figured that this groupings will not be easy. 

"I have no idea Chorong-ah. This is a hard task." Chorong who has no idea about their past was confused on what could be so hard on meeting with the other members. She also wasn't familiar who are her group mates aside of course from Naeun, Woohyun and Sunggyu. She remember the name of the other two but she wasn't familiar with their appearance. She may have heard their names when they were introducing themselves but she wasn't on her mood to listen to all introductions. 

"I'm hungry. Let's have some meal." Naeun starts to put her belongings to her bag and grab Chorong's hand in case she refuse.

"Where did Woohyun go?" She asked Naeun when she noticed that the guy was nowhere to found in the cafeteria. She just ordered a rice with crab soup and Naeun only bought Kimchi. 

"Probably flirting with his fangirls somewhere." She annoyingly replied to Chorong. Fangirls huh? So Woohyun is considered to be popular here. She doesn't have any violent reactions though, it's not like Woohyun doesn't deserves to be. He's good looking alright. 

"So he's popular. Figures why there was someone who bullied you yesterday." Naeun nodded and rolled her eyes. She hates to admit it but she kinda hated it when Woohyun became popular one day, she felt like Woohyun was slowly drifting away from her and she doesn't want that to happen that2why even though she would face the wrath of his fangirls, she continued to be with him all the time. 

"He's not that popular back then though, I guess puberty hits him so hard that he became so confident. Ever since we were young he's already handsome but he had no confidence, but when we entered junior high, there was there one girl who confessed to him but he turned her down. Since then, he became confident about his appearance. Honestly, I don't know if I should thank that girl or not. " Naeun shared a story about Woohyun's childhood that made her smile just to remember those days she spent with him. How she wish their friendship would last forever. Chorong noticed how bright Naeun's smile has on her face when she talks about Woohyun. 

"Looks like you knew each other so well. You're too close and you were all smiles when you talk about him just now."

"Yeah. We're childhood friends. Best friends. We used to be four though. Now we're just two." The bright smile on Naeun's face disappeared and was replaced with a little smile. Chorong didn't ask for more as it doesn't concern her anymore. 

----

As soon as he saw Myungsoo step outside the room, he followed him immediately and it looks like he sensed that someone's following him that he went to the school's field where no one is around at the moment. 

"Why are you following me?" Myungsoo was not an idiot to not noticed that someone was following him and he's not also an idiot to not know who it could be. Of course, none other than Nam Woohyun. 

"To seek an answer." 

"And you would get nothing from me." Myungsoo nonchalantly replied that made the other pissed on his attitude. 

'I am lowering my pride here. How shameless can he be when he should be the one chasing us and not the other way around?' Woohyun thought as he saw Myungsoo's back walking away from him. 

"That punk" 

He just went back inside and find Naeun and Chorong. 

----

Eunji got bumped into someone in the cafeteria' s hallway and their drinks were thrown at her uniform. Instead of making a scene and pick up a fight, she quietly leave the cafeteria and went back to her locker. Luckily, she always bring spare clothes with her in case of emergency like this. 

As soon as she was about to go and change her clothes, someone came inside. She wasn't familiar about the guy but she was sure he was some kind of bully. 

He blocked her way, not letting her to go anywhere. Eunji was getting pissed. She has no time for something like this. She glared at the man in front of her but of course, glaring can't make a bully like him go away. 

"I heard you did something bad to Seung yeon" 

Oh? So this is all about her, threatening that woman. How pathetic of her to ask for help like this. Eunji ignored the guy and went to the other door, making the man feel embarrassed on failing to scare Eunji. 

He grabbed her shoulders and made her face him. He was now aggressively hitting her "You shouldn't do that to her. If you do, I will be the one to teach you a lesson." 

Eunji who was now pissed at the man's action, was about to punch his face to death when someone did the same thing for her. 

Myungsoo gave the guy's blow on his face. He witnessed how he hit Eunji several times and without thinking a thing, he attacked him and punch him. No one has the rights to hurt someone, let alone hurt Jung Eunji. 

She gasped on what just had happened. She didn't expect someone to get into trouble for her. Eunji was still in shocked when she saw Myungsoo fighting the guy, when Woohyun entered the scene and stopped Myungsoo by pulling him away from the other. Myungsoo wasn't done, he wants to punch him to death and tried to get off from Woohyun's grip. 

"Stop it. Just what the hell are you doing? Are you planning to kill that man." Woohyun shouted on his ears. Him, Naeun, and Chorong just went back to the room from their break to sleep but no one expected to see him beating up some guy inside. 

"I will definitely kill that guy. Who says he can hit Eunji on her head and shoulders?" The three newcomers were shocked and Woohyun now understand why Myungsoo was acting like this way. The thought of someone hitting Naeun made his blood boiled, so he can see why Myungsoo was like this, after all, Myungsoo and Eunji were the closest between the four of them. 

"Are you okay Miss" Chorong asked her, she was familiar, she thought, and that was when she recognized her. She was the one who helped Naehn from the bully yesterday. 

"Eunji, are you hurt?" Naeun worridely asked her, she knows the feeling of being bullied, it was worst, but getting hit by a man was surely much worst. She doesn't understand why there are people like them. 

Woohyun who was triggered about what he heard let go of Myungsoo and also attacked the other man. The three girls stopped him as they saw how unrecognizable the face of the man was, his nose and lips were already bleeding too much and who knows, Woohyun might already kill him in no time. 

But to no avail, Woohyun was much more stronger, Sunggyu just came in time and was shocked on what he just saw. It's now Sunggyu who was pulling Woohyun away from the man with all his might. 'Just what in the world happened here?' He looked around to search for an answer but all he sees was a man lying down on the floor, blood was everywhere on his body. His two classmates, Myungsoo, and Eunji is it? Myungsoo was holding Eunji's face while asking her if she was hurt, Naeun and Chorong who left to call a teacher. 

----