Chapter 1

Love's to Blame

A loud tug woke up Naeun from her deep sleep. Having not enough sleep, she shrugged it off and did not even bother to know what on the earth happened outside her room but when she heard a familiar male voice she already knew what is it.

 

"Woohyun again" She thought and plans to go back to her beauty sleep when her alarm clock rang and she had no choice but to wake up already or else someone would burn their house down as she smells a burnt pancake downstairs and that someone is named Nam Woohyun.

 

"Oh? You woke up earlier than I thought today" And there, Nam Woohyun with a pink apron greeted her. She yawned first then gave him a smile as a sign of morning greeting.

 

"Good morning too Woohyun-ah, I intend to woke up early today because I don't want to be late on our first day." She scanned all the meals he made.

 

"Your cooking skills are improving. Usually you always made non edible more than the ones we can really eat but now it was clearly the opposite. Should I compliment you?" Naeun joked that made Woohyun scoffed. He sulkily looked at her but when their eyes met, he felt a weird feeling, his heart started to beats faster than usual. He turned his gaze away and continue to place all remaining pancakes in the table.

 

"Your mom left early in the morning that's why she asked me to cook breakfast for you." Naeun nodded since nothing was new, it was always like that when her mother always left for work, at first she finds it weird but as years passed, she got used to it that she realized maybe her mother does trust Woohyun that much. Of course Woohyun and her live in the same neighborhood, grew up together, attending the same school together. Her family considers Woohyun as part of their family and vice versa for Woohyun's family.

 

"How I wish we will be classmates this year. It will be our last year in high school." She said and Woohyun agreed. In their whole high school journey, not even once they end up in the same class, they just have time to see each other when break time comes. That fact made her high school life more not enjoyable. She and Woohyun have different personalities, Woohyun didn't have much problem on making friends, he is a sociable guy, everyone find him friendly that's why he ends up having friends here and there, well don't erase the fact that he also has a lots of fangirls while Naeun is an introverted girl, a silent one, she will just talk to someone if they initiate it first, well she has friends, or maybe she had friends, past tense.

 

"I promise to always see you in our breaks. I am sure you're in the same class with Namjoo though." They talked while they are having their breakfast and got done just on time. Woohyun cleaned the dining room while Naeun's went back to her room to prepare.

Woohyun does not need to go back home because he came into Naeun's house with his school uniform, he already took a bath for it wouldn't be that bothersome if he goes back to his home again that's why he just wore a white t-shirt and put an apron while cooking, he would just wear his uniform later.

Naeun, on her room, already finished taking her shower and almost done preparing if it weren't for which hair style should she do with her hair. She tried different styles she saw on her hair magazine but she can't decide which it should be, she spent 20 minutes standing in the mirror until she heard Woohyun yelling downstairs.

"Yah Naeun-ah! I thought you don't want to be late." Naeun rolled her eyes. She took a glance at her wall clock and cursed Woohyun mentally, they have 1 hour before the class starts so why is he that eager to come early. She rolled her eyes once again when she realized why is he that excited. 'Fangirls' she thought.

In the end, Naeun could not choose from any style and let her long wavy black hair down since many students told her that it suits her more.

"Your fangirls are just there Woohyun-ah. They won't leave. No need to be much excited." She said and locked the door, followed Woohyun who left her behind.

"I know they missed me so much that's why I should meet them earlier this time. I feel so sad for them not seeing me for two months." Woohyun confidentially said and made Naeun scoffed, she hit him with his bag and he groaned with the force she gave. Naeun worriedly massage the shoulder he claims to be in pain but realized that he's not really hurt when she saw him grinning.

" Yah! You're teasing me again!"

"You should see your face Naeunnie, you look really worried. Ah! How lucky I am to have such a good best friend like you"

Naeun blushed with his words and walked fats leaving him behind.

"Best friend huh?" Woohyun thought however he knows deep inside, he feels more than that, it's just that, he's not fully aware of that as of now.

 

---

They arrived at their school earlier than they thought. They learned that they are having the same class this school year made Naeun excited to this school year, atleast she wouldn't spend this year alone.

There is still 30 minutes before the class starts. Naeun just waited outside, just sat on one bleachers. Woohyun just disappeared like bubbles and she can't find him anywhere. Not a minutes later, she heard loud screams not far from her and there, her best friend in the middle of fangirls horde. She rolled her eyes at the scene.

Woohyun is really popular. Well, he's one of the popular boys. Most girls would likely push themselves into him just to have a talk with him, or I must say, flirt with him and that best friend of her really loves that. Naeun just don't understand why he keeps on rejecting some girls confessing their feelings to him. He's a flirt but not really a flirt. Whatever.

As she got tired of the scene in front of her, her eyes automatically went to someone when she spotted a familiar girl going inside the gym.

Jung Eunji .

 

------

Where's Naeun ? Woohyun asked himself when he noticed that Naeun was no longer on her spot earlier. He tried to get away from his so alled fangirls to find Naeun but the fangirls are making it hard.

"Girls girls , may I excuse myself ? I'm just going to find Naeun-ah . " He said. Trying to get off from this bunch of girls .

 

"Why ? Can't she just walk by herself ? Why are you always with her ? Are you dating each other ?" A girl said. This girl is so uhhm, nosy, is it required for a girl to be nosy? I don't think so, Naeun is not like that. Woohyun tried to be patience as ever.

"Ah no . We're not dating but she's my responsibility so, I badly need to find her now . " He said when he's trying to get away from her grip . Fortunately , he did . Without thinking twice he stood up and run far away from them.

But what he told them rose curiosity on what really relationship they have.

---

Where could have she been ? He thought when he didn't see her in the cafeteria . He also wen to the library but she's also not there . He went next to garden but she's nowhere to be found.

Think Nam Woohyun , Think , Think . Where are the places that she usually goes .

As he recall one place, he ran as fast as he can and mentally cursed himself as he forgot that one place she loves to spend time.

'Such an idiot'.

While running fast as he can, he bumped into someone. The girl landed on her knees and her books were scattered everywhere. He hurriedly helped her to pick it all up while apologizing to her over and over again.

As he handed her last book, he looked at her and his eyebrows met when he noticed that he hasn't saw a face as pretty as hers.

She has a long straight light brown hair and a bangs that's covering her forehead. She also has a beatiful black eyes, a small pointed nose and lips.

He stopped checking her out when another guy approached her and also hands her a book.

"Excuse me miss, you dropped this." The girl just took the book and left them both. What a first day, she thought and proceed to find her classroom before the ring bells.

Woohyun and Myungsoo just stared at each other without saying a word. Myungsoo turned back from Woohyun but he stopped him from leaving by asking the questions that have been bugging him for 3 years.

"Myungsoo-ah!" He stopped but didn't even dare to face him

"What happened three years ago ? Why did you and Eunji left us out of the blue ? Is there something we don't know ?"

He didn't answer instead he walked away. It's much better if they would not know anything. Myungsoo thought when he was walking away from Woohyun.

The latter just shook his head. After what happened, he's now determined to know what could possibly their reason to leave them just like that. He knows something happened, he just needs to know what it was.

He's in deep thoughts when suddenly he heard a female voice calling his name . He turned around just to see Naeun. Curiousity was drawn on her beautiful yet innocent face.

"Is that Myungsoo? You're in good terms now ? " She asks. I just smile at her and shook my head.

She heaved a sigh. The four of them used to be the best best friends when they were young but things turned out differently 3 years ago. Woohyun and her have no idea what in the world happened but just accepted the truth that maybe, Myungsoo and Eunji got tired from them.

Suddenly the ring bells . Naeun held Woohyun's hand and ran away to our room , they were on ground floor and their designated room is on 4th floor. Woohyun stopped her from dragging and running. It's no used. We're already late .

"Naeunie, we're already late so what's the use. We will get tired if you continue to run upstairs. " He told her. She flashed him a smile at him and he swear, his heart abnormally beats again.

"You're right. I'ts just a waste of energy. " she replied. Woohyun just put around his shoulder into her.

Kim Myungsoo , I'll deal with you later .

 

-----

Hello everyone! I don't know how the first chapter turned out, wished it was good though hehe.

English is not my first language so I apologize for the mistakes and grammar errors.