Chapter 1

Sunset By The Balcony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Mom! I got the job!’ Baekhyun yelled in excitement as he rushed into the kitchen, convinced that his mother would be there.

 

Mrs. Martha had just finished washing the dishes when she heard her son’s voice. It was full of joy. Her son hugged her from behind as he told his mother of the good news.

 

‘Mom! I have just received a call from the company that interviewed me last week. I got the job. I have been waiting all week for them to get back to me on this. I am so excited!’ the young man shouted. He just could not contain his excitement anymore.

‘Congratulations dear. Have you told your father about this? I am very sure he will be delighted to hear this good news.’ his mother replied.

‘Not yet because I am pretty sure that he is on a meeting around this time. I will tell him once he got back from the office.’

‘Very well then.’ his mother replied. Pondering for a couple of seconds, she said, ‘Oh yes, Baekhyun dear, can you call Romeo’s Steakhouse and make a reservation for three? Please tell them we will be there at seven.’

‘Romeo’s Steakhouse? Wow mom! It’s been a while since we last went there. I really missed their rib eye steak.’

‘Yes, it’s been a while and since this is a special day for you, it is obvious that we should celebrate it. Now, get yourself ready. I’ll call your father to meet us there instead.’

 

Baekhyun is the youngest son of Mr. Darren and Mrs. Martha. He had just finished his study and graduated from college. As any other men his age, he was excited and proud that he managed to obtain a job at the biggest power supply firm in the country. Besides that, his longtime dream to move out from his parents’ house will finally be realized. He will soon be able to enjoy the time of his youth without any restriction from his parents’. He was very excited when he received a call from the HR of the company congratulating him on securing a job at the firm. He was thrilled by the news, but when he checked the email sent by them, he was upset to see that he will be stationed at Beckett City instead of his dream city, the Capital.

 

Clearing his throat, initiating their conversation, Mr. Darren uttered, ‘So Baekhyun, I heard from your mother that you got that job at Helios Power Supply. I believe I owed you a gift. Tell me son, is there anything in particular that you want?’

Turning to his father, with a smile on his face, Baekhyun said, ‘How thoughtful of you dad, but it won’t be necessary. Just a simple congratulation would make me very happy.’

‘Are you sure? You won’t need anything else?’ Mr. Darren asked for assurance.

‘Yes dad. I have everything I need already. Just that I need to find a place to stay because I will be stationed at Beckett City.’

‘Beckett City? I thought you will be placed here at Miller City.’

‘No dad. I was also surprised when I found out that I will be stationed there. According to the email, all new engineers are required to be stationed at Beckett City before they can apply for relocation. Actually I was hoping that I would be stationed at the Capital.’ Baekhyun explained.

‘The Capital? Why? The Capital would be much farther from here compared to Beckett City.’ Mr. Darren exclaimed.

Hearing the slight changes in his father’s tone, Baekhyun quickly replied, ‘Well, I kind of missed all my friends there. All of them managed to get the job at the Capital after we graduated.’

‘Even if your friends are all there, you need to remember, you are there for work, not to live your life carelessly.’ Mr. Darren said in a strict tone.

‘If that’s the case, then I should call your aunt to ask her to prepare a room for you while you look for your own place.’ Mrs. Martha intervened the conversation between the father and son, attempting to steer the two of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter