Chapter 2

Sunset By The Balcony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunday. The favorite day of the week for Kyungsoo. The only day where he can wake up late after staying up all night binge watching his favorite Netflix series. The coldness from the air conditioner, the heat trapped inside the soft duvet, and the puffy mattress are the best combination. Nothing else in the world can compare to that. That is, according to Kyungsoo. However, due to his habit of waking up early on the weekdays, he got up from his bed to have a glass of warm water before returning to his so called worldly comfort. But today, that dream of his will be shattered by one phone call. Just as he was going to lay his head on his fluffy pillow, his phone rang. The number is familiar.

 

‘Gosh! Not her! On a Sunday morning! Why O Lord have You forsaken me?’ Kyungsoo cried bitterly. After pondering for a few seconds, he decided to take the call. ‘Hello, what is it Nora?’ Kyungsoo answered.

 

Thanks to the warm water that he had earlier, his voice was not as hoarse as it would usually be in the morning.

 

‘Hello little brother. Good to hear that you are awake. Listen, I have just received a phone call from your tenant. He told me that he will be coming over at noon. What time exactly, I have no idea. The thing is that, I am not able to bring him over to your apartment as I am currently on my way to Miller City.’ Nora explained.

‘I see. So where exactly are you planning on meeting him?’ Kyungsoo asked.

‘Initially, we planned to meet at the Graceworth Mall. At the Starbucks Café.’

‘Alright then, do you have his number? Can you give it to me so that I can call him after this.’

‘Sure, I will send his number to you.’

‘Great. I believe I can take care of this on my own.’ Kyungsoo replied. Pausing for a while, he continued, ‘By the way Nora, thank you for your …’ before he can finish his sentence, the line was cut off. ‘This woman, how dare she hung up on me.’ the young man cussed.

 

Nora, on the other hand was grinning to herself as she has successfully ruined his brother’s Sunday morning by giving him a wakeup call & hung up on him while he was talking. The two things that the latter despised the most.

 

‘Nothing like a combo attack that would piss the hell out of Kyungsoo.’ she mumbled to herself.

 

After that, she scrolled through her phone, searching for the number that called her this morning. After she has successfully found it, she pressed the call button, put it on loudspeaker while waiting for the other line to pick up the call.

 

‘Hello. Yes Ms. Nora. Is there anything?’ the male voice from the other line answered.

‘Hello Baekhyun. Yes, I am calling you regarding the house matter. I am sorry that I won’t be able to take you to the house today as I am currently on my way to Miller City.’ Nora explained.

‘Is that so? Then, when are you coming back from Miller City? I can wait for you.’ Baekhyun replied.

‘No worries dear, I have already called my brother to meet you at the Graceworth Mall. I believe he will be in touch with you in a short while. Furthermore, I think it is better for you guys to meet each other first as you guys are going to stay together.’

‘In that case, sure. I will be waiting for his call then. By the way Ms. Nora, thank you for the arrangement. I really appreciate it.’

‘You are most welcome dear.’ with that, Nora ended the phone call.

 

A few minutes after his conversation with Nora ended, Baekhyun received another phone call. An unknown number. He can easily guessed the caller. He pressed the accept call button and put the speaker on.

 

‘Hello, this is Baekhyun speaking.’

‘Hello Baekhyun, this is Kyungsoo speaking. I believed my sister has informed you that we will be meeting up this afternoon at the Graceworth Mall.’ Kyungsoo spoke as his deep and raspy voice echoed through the phone speaker.

Taking a short pause, with sarcastic thought in his mind, ‘Great, I will be sharing the apartment with some middle aged dude.’ Freeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter