-Chapter 1-

Grocery girl

Sana P.O.V

 

"Sana! Wake up!" I groan as I her my mom yell at me. I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the bright light coming through my window. I look at the clock beside the couch. Yes I sleep on a couch. 

 

It's 5:00. I get up and quickly change to my school uniform. My mom and dad are already done with the breakfast. 

 

I quickly chug down my water and take the rice in the box that is set on the counter. "Don't forget to study hard ok?" My mom yells at me as I step out of the door of our shop. "Don't worry!" I yell back and hop on my bike. 

 

It's not the prettiest one, the white color stained and peeling off, but it works. Now I have about an hour long ride before I get to the school. 

 

My school starts at 7:00, but I live far away and we don't have a car. So I always ride my bike. Plus I meet up with Zen in-front of his house at 6:00, and we ride to the schools together. 

 

"Yo! Zen, I'm here!" I shout as I bang on the door. After a few seconds a messy looking guy opens the door and let's me in. 

 

Zen is currently living alone. His parents are rich business men, so they travel a lot. After he dresses up, we head to the school together. "I still don't understand how can you wake up at 5:00." He says right after he yawns. I just laugh at him. Then we continue to talk about normal things. 

 

Zen was in America at summer holidays, so that was the most frequent topic. I have never been outside of Korea. The only thing close to traveling was our school trip to Busan. 

 

As we park our bikes in-front of our school, I look around, students were going inside the huge building. Our school was one of the most prestigious ones in Seoul. Joongdong High School. All the rich kids go here. Almost everyone here is rich and their parents have important jobs. One of the few ones that got here because of their brain, is me. I have one of the best gpa's  in the whole school. Almost everyone considers me as a nerd and a loser. 

 

Being really poor and working at my fathers shop doesn't help my reputation either. Zen and me are really unpopular. Even tho Zen is really rich, he's gay. Korea isn't really welcoming to these people, but I could care less. He's really funny and amazing guy. Plus I'm biual, so we're on the same page. He doesn't know it yet, or anyone at all. I'm just not prepared to tell people, but it's great to know that he will support me. 

 

Even tho our school is really prestigious, we still have the basic groups of people. The jocks, nerds,student council, cheerleaders and of course the queens. 

 

The hallway stopped talking and everyone moved to the side to make a way for our school queens. They are the three most popular girls. 

 

On the left, the blonde one, Hirai Momo. She's the schools biggest playgirl. One of the few people who are openly gay in our school. She switches girls all the time and never has one longer than one week. Her dancing makes everyone fall in love with her.

 

On the right, the purple haired one, Kim Dahyun. She's known for her playful attitude and bright smile. She can speak 5 languages and her rapping will make you speechless. She always spots when someone is taking a picture of her. It's kinda funny.

 

And in the middle, the tallest one, Chou Tzuyu. She's the prettiest girl in our school. Known for her cold demeanor and attitude. She treats people like slaves. (Everyone but her friends). Nobody has ever seen her smile or laugh. Her stone cold face never changes. Her father is the richest man in Korea. She has never dated anyone. Not that she was never confessed to. Many people asked her out but she always said one thing. 'No'. 

 

I stare at Tzuyu. She has been my crush for as long as I remember. Something about her makes me want to know what's behind her stoic expression. "...na...Sana....SANA!" I quickly turn around. "W-what?" Zen just sighs. "Class is about to start, c'mon, we don't want to be late." 

 

We made our way to the classroom and sit down. Our first class is math. I smile slightly, it's my favorite subject. The teacher comes in. 

 

"Good morning students. Why don't we introduce our selfs?" He says and points at Zen. "You, start." Zen stands up. "Hello everyone! My name is Zen. Hope we can be friends!" He says cheerfully and sits down. Everyone introduced them selfs only few people left. "Hello there! My name is Dayhun and I'm looking forward to meet you all!" Dahyun introduce herself with a smile. "My name is Momo. I'm glad there are a lots of pretty girls this year." She end with a wink a smirks. "Chou Tzuyu." Everyone feels a cold shiver when Tzuyu introduces herself. 'Oh no, it's my turn!' I panic. "H-hello e-everyone. My....my name i-is S-sana, nice to meet you."I say quietly, the last part almost a whisper. The teacher nods and starts teaching.

 

-Time skip- 

 

After school, me and Zen are riding our bikes to home. "My parents are worried about the shop. We don't have much customers and they think we will have to close it down." I sigh, worry visible on my face. 

 

Recently I started another job in one company. My work is carrying stuff around, from the storage to the vans that travel around Korea to deliver the products. But even with my salary, we don't have enough money to keep paying the rent. I went about my problems to Zen. I'm grateful for him. He's a great friend. Sometimes he even helps our family financially.  

 

We part in-front of his house. Once we bid goodbyes, I hop on my bike and ride home. I quickly dress to comfortable clothes and ride to work. Once I get there I start to lift things and carrying them around. 

 

My parents don't know I work here, they don't want me to stress my self. But I want to help them. After my shift I go back home. My back hurts and my right leg is hurting. One box fell from my arms and hit my leg. 

 

After I park my bike I went inside, i took of the pants and put on some shorts. My dad is in the shop and mom is babysitting our neighbors kids. I greet mu dad and take over his shift. I know he's tired. "Go rest dad, you had a long day. I will do the night shift." I smile at him. He thanks me and goes upstairs. As soon as he left the smile fell from my face. I sit down and look at my leg there's a big bruise. I touch it and wince in pain. "Aish." I rub it slightly and look at the shop. 

 

I have to make up a excuse for the bruise. My parents think I'm getting the money from recycling. I told them that Zen gives me his trash so I can recycle it too. That's why it's more money. I settle on one excuse. 'I fell off the bike mom, don't worry.' Yeah that will work. 

 

Somebody enters the shop. I don't pay much attention to them and only stand up so I can take their money. I look up to the person that is buying and freez at my spot. "T-tzuyu?"