The Only Way

His Mistress

She waited patiently at the restaurant for him to appear. She had already planned what she wanted to say to him. As she ran through her speech again, she looked up to see him walking toward; his face was cold and expressionless. Seeing him like this she suddenly felt nervous and started to forget the speech she had practiced in her head.

“Hello, Yuri-sshi. Sorry to keep you waiting there were some things at the office I had to take of,” Jaejoong apologized as he takes a seat across from her at the table.

“It’s no problem at all. I haven’t been waiting long anyways,” Yuri replied.

After the waiter had taken their orders, Jaejoong turns to look at Yuri, “So Yuri-sshi, you said you had something to say to me?”

She took at a deep breath and tried her best to look into his piercing brown eyes, “Jaejoong-sshi, I just wanted to tell you that I know you have a girlfriend already, and it is my last intention to want to get in your way of being with her. But my parents are still my parents and although I don’t agree with what they have planned, I simply can’t bring myself to defy them. That’s why I wanted to propose something to you…”

Jaejoong slowly processed what she was saying. So she knew about Fany and didn’t want to separate them, but she refused to go against her parents’ wishes. What was this girl thinking? They were two clearly conflicting goals, and yet she planned to accomplish both of them.

He nodded for her to continue, “I suggested a marriage of convenience. Before you explode and refuse the offer, please hear me out. I really think this is the best solution. I mean my parents have been doing it for like 30 years now, and they’re fine. They both have other people in their lives, but they keep a good relationship with each other, and in the public eye they are still a happy couple. This way you can continue to be with your girlfriend and we don’t have to defy our parents’ plan. We don’t have to worry about our parents disapproving because they clearly aren’t asking for us to have a marriage for love, just for business.”

Jaejoong couldn’t believe what he was hearing. So she wanted him to pretend to be happily married to her, while still keeping his relationship with Tiffany. As he contemplated the idea, a small voice inside his head was telling him that this wasn’t a completely awful solution…while a much louder voice was screaming at him to refuse the idea. Tiffany was the love of his life. How could he let her live a secret life behind closed doors while he pretended to be in a loving relationship with another woman in public? All just to please his mother and Yuri’s parents?

He looked up to see Yuri’s expectant eyes looking back at him, “I’m sorry Yuri-sshi, but I don’t think I can agree to your plan.”

Her face fell in surprise and disappointment. She was certain he was going to agree to her brilliant plan, “Why not?”

“I know it may be hard for you to understand, but my relationship with my girlfriend is much deeper than you’ve imagined. She’s the love of my life, and to be completely honest I would rather lose everything I have than have to spend the rest of my life with someone who is not her. I know it may sound idiotic to you, but I simply can’t let her be ‘the other woman’ in the eyes of others. I mean no offense to you, Yuri-sshi, if I didn’t already have a girlfriend, I would be more than happy to marry you, but I simply can’t do that now,” Jaejoong calmly tried to explain his feelings to Yuri. He would understand if she didn’t understand his reasoning; few people understood his undying love for Tiffany.

She was in complete shock after hearing his words. Was it really possible to love someone so much that he was willing to give up his mother’s multi-million dollar corporation just to be with her. Yuri had a hard time fathoming such a love. But she wanted to try her best to understand, “Well, Jaejoong-sshi, although I don’t fully understand these feelings you have toward your girlfriend, I will respect your decision, but just know that if you change your mind, my offer still stands.”

Standing up she gathered her belongings and got ready to leave, “I’m very sorry but I still have some business to take care of. I hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to leave first. Please enjoy the rest of your lunch and you know where to contact me if you change your mind.”

----------------------

Next Day

Tiffany sat at her desk, absentmindedly stirring her cup of coffee.

“My of a mother found a fiancé for me…” Jaejoong’s words have been repeatedly replayed in her mind for nearly two days now. Although Jaejoong assured her that nothing could tear them apart, she definitely had her doubts, especially after finding out who his supposed fiancé is. 

Kwon Yuri. Jaejoong’s new fiancé. Tiffany had googled this Yuri girl that morning and it had only taken her about 5 minutes to figure our why Madame Kim had picked Kwon Yuri. She was beautiful, smart, and most importantly came from a very prominent high society family. She had all the traits that Madame Kim was looking for in a daughter-in-law.

Unfortunately for Tiffany…she had none. She was an art major and now worked at an art gallery giving tours and making artwork for the gallery. Although she is good at what she does…what she does is not good enough for Madame Kim.

If only there was some way in which she could stay with Jaejoong and still please Madame Kim. Although she’s cold, scary, and extremely intimidating, she’s still Jaejoong’s mother, and Tiffany definitely did not want to ruin their relationship. She knew that her being with Jaejoong has already put on strain on his relationship with his mother. Madame Kim had made it clear from day one that she didn’t like Tiffany, and that Tiffany was only a temporary appeasement for Jaejoong until she found him the right wife.

She sighed again. This was way too much stress on her.

“What’s wrong my dearest BFF. Are you still thinking about the whole Jaejoong oppa’s fiancé situation?” Jessica, her best friend since high school asked.

“Yes,” Tiffany answered with a sigh, “Sica, what am I going to do? I looked this girl up this morning and she literally has everything. She’s smart, rich, and beautiful. There is no way Madame Kim is going to let her go.”

Jessica frowned. She hated it when her best friend thought lowly of herself, or let Jaejoong’s of a mother put her down, “Fany, she may have all those things, but I bet she is just as stuck up as Madame . There is nothing for you to be jealous or worried about. If there is one thing I am sure of and admire about Jaejoong is his undying love for you. There is no way he is going to go through with this. He’s fought off the before and I’m sure he’ll be able to do it again.”

Although what Jessica said seemed true, Tiffany still had her doubts. As Tiffany and Jessica continued their conversation about Tiffany and Jaejoong’s relationship status, the small bell hanging on the gallery door rang, signally the entry of a costumer. Tiffany looked up to see a very tall and beautiful young woman with big, dark sunglasses covering her eyes, standing in front of her, “Hello, I’m looking for a Miss. Tiffany Hwang.”

Tiffany frowned in confusion. Why was this woman looking for her?

Nonetheless, she put on her best smile, “Hello, welcome to KHC Art Studio. I’m Tiffany how may I help you?”

The woman smiled and took off her sunglasses. Immediately Tiffany recognized the woman, “Hello Miss. Hwang, I’m Kwon Yuri. I’m not sure if Jaejoong-sshi has told you about me, but I’m his new fiancé.”

Both Jessica and Tiffany were shocked beyond belief. What was Jaejoong’s new fiancé doing at the art studio…looking for Tiffany? Tiffany quickly recovered and replied, “Hello Miss. Kwon, yes Jaejoong oppa has told me about you? Please don’t take this the wrong way, but why are you here to see me?”

Yuri smiled slightly and answered, “I was actually wondering if you had some time to sit and talk about our current situation. I know that you and Jaejoong-sshi have had a long relationship and our recent engagement must have had its strains on your relationship. I wanted to discuss a way in which we could solve our current situation.”

Tiffany tried hard to keep a smile on her face as she took in what this woman was saying to her.

A solution to their situation? She was convinced that there was one.

Nevertheless she wanted to hear what this girl had to say, “Well, Miss. Kwon I’m actually on duty right now, so I can’t leave my post until tonight. So perhaps we could schedule something for another time?”

“Well, actually I’m going to be leaving for China tomorrow and I won’t back in Seoul until late next week. If you don’t mind maybe you could give me a tour of the gallery while we talk?” Yuri suggested.

Tiffany thought about her suggestion for a minute and nodded her head. She turned to her best friend, “Sica, I’m going to give Miss. Kwon a tour, watch the front desk for me ok?”

“No problem, take your time,” Sica said gently with a slight hint of eagerness in her voice. After hearing Tiffany’s exchange with this Yuri person, she was eager to find out what kind of solution she was going to propose.

“Well, Ms. Kwon please follow me this way then,” Tiffany directly Yuri toward the first part of the art gallery.

---------------------

“So, Miss. Hwang…” Yuri started, only to be gently interrupted by Tiffany.

“You can just call me Tiffany, Miss. Kwon. There’s no need to be so formal.”

“In that case, then you can just call me Yuri,” Yuri replied with a gentle smile, “Ok, Tiffany. So how long have you and Jaejoong known each other?”

“For about 5-6 years now. Our 5 year anniversary is coming up soon. We met in an arts class my freshman year of college,” Tiffany replied with a glint of happiness. Just talking about Jaejoong made her smile.

They continued to tour the gallery and chat when a painting suddenly caught Yuri’s eye. It was bold yet very soft painting of a sunset at the beach. Although the concept seemed conventional and overdone, there was a certain quality about the painting that made it unique. When she looked at the artist’s name, she found that it was Tiffany who had painted such a beautiful piece of artwork, “Tiffany-sshi, you painted this?”

Tiffany shyly smiled and nodded, “I was inspired by a picture I took from the first time Jaejoong oppa and I went to the beach together.”

“It’s very beautiful, is it for sale?” Yuri asked.

“Of course, this painting has been here for months and no one has shown much interest for it. If you’re interested, I can definitely give you a great price for it,” Tiffany answered with a smile. She was glad that Yuri liked to painting. It had been hanging there for months and the gallery was close to taking it down due to lack of interest.

“That would be wonderful,” Yuri said with a smile.

Yuri looked down at her watch and realized that she had been at the gallery for over an hour and still hadn’t reached her original purpose in seeking Tiffany in the first place, “Tiffany-sshi, I know I’ve been beating around the bush a little but, I actually came to discuss an important matter with you. One that involves your future, mine, and most importantly Jaejoong-sshi’s.”

Tiffany stiffened slightly but nodded for Yuri to continue; she wanted to know what sort of plan Yuri had come up with.

“So, I know that you and Jaejoong-sshi have a very strong relationship. I’m sure you are also aware of how demanding Madame Kim came be as well. This whole arranged marriage was dealt with completely between my parents and Madame Kim. Although I don’t agree with it, I can’t bring myself to defy my parents in this way, and I’m sure you are aware of the consequences of Jaejoong going against his mother’s wishes. I think I’ve thought of a plan that could possibly solve our problems, but I need yours and Jaejoong’s cooperation,” Yuri paused to let Tiffany absorb the information before she continued.

Tiffany was anxious and scared at the same time. She knew what Madame Kim was capable of doing to Jaejoong if he didn’t agree to this marriage; she nodded for Yuri to continue what she was saying.

“I was thinking that Jaejoong-shi and I go through with the wedding, but we’re only a married couple to the public. You and Jaejoong can continue to have your relationship in private. I know it may sound crazy but I think it’s possible. My parents were set up through arranged marriage as well and they’ve maintained a very mutually respecting relationship. They both have significant others outside of the marriage, but they both still get along really well and maintain a great friendship with each other. I know it isn’t fair to as you to stay in the dark, but for the time being it’s really the only solution I can think of. My parents and Madame Kim are not going to yield on this matter. And maybe a couple years from now Jaejoong and I can stage an amicable divorce and you and Jaejoong can be together for real,” Yuri tried her best to convince Tiffany. She needed Tiffany to agree to this plan, or else there are going to be huge consequences for all three of them.

Tiffany slowly took in what Yuri was suggesting. She wasn’t sure about this plan, but Yuri was right, it seemed to be the only solution to their problems, “Yuri-sshi, I’m not sure if I can give an answer right now. I think I need some time to think it over.”

Yuri nodded in understanding; she knew it was a lot of information to take it all at once, “It’s okay, take your time thinking about it. I’ve already contacted Jaejoong-sshi about it, so maybe the two of you can discuss it, and give me an answer when I come back from China next week?”

Tiffany nodded in agreement; she definitely needed to talk to Jaejoong about this plan.

The two of them walked toward the front desk of the gallery, both silently deep in thought.

As they reached the front desk, Yuri turned to Tiffany, “Thank you so much for your time Tiffany-sshi it was a pleasure meeting you. About the painting earlier…”

Tiffany smiled, “If you would fill out some quick information, the gallery can deliver it to your home within the next week.”

“And the price?”

Tiffany shook her head, “Take as my gift to you. I insist.”

Yuri hesitated but nodded in agreement

As Yuri was leaving the gallery, Tiffany’s phone beeped indicating that she had received a text message. It was Jaejoong telling her that he would be over for dinner tonight. Perfect timing. She and Jaejoong definitely had a lot to discuss tonight at dinner…

------------------

I'm sooo sorry everyone!! I know I've kept you waiting for a really long time, but I will try my best to update as quickly as possible.

Please let me know what you guys think....your comments are very very very very much appreciated.

sorry for all the grammar mistakes and typos.

I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!!!!!