Chapter 3

The Bully and The Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's not much going on, but enjoy

Chaeyoung ultimately decided to go to campus after her expel letter didn't arrived. When she got there, she went to her class and noticed everyone's stare are on her. "Great. It must be because of yesterday." She predicted that everyone will be asked questions about what happened and how she retaliates to Mina, but she was surprised when one of her classmates approached her. "Hi, Chaeyoung. You okay?" A girl named Yeri asked. "Y-Yeah. I'm good." Chaeyoung said and Yeri smiled before left, but not long after another friend patted her shoulder. "Good job yesterday, Chaeyoung. She deserved that." She just awkwardly laughs hearing that, but inside she was relieved that nobody asked about her sudden strength and soon the teacher arrived and the class begin.

After her last class, Chaeyoung was ready to go home, to avoid Mina in case she's planning something again, but then stopped when someone called her. The sound seems familiar, but it wasn't Mina. She turned around and she widened her eyes in shock. "T-Tzuyu? What are you doing here?" She approached the girl. "Well, I'm a new teacher here." Tzuyu said nonchalantly, and Chaeyoung's eyes got even more widened. "YOU'RE WHAT?" She asked with a shout, it makes Tzuyu slapped her lips. "You don't have to be loud. Like I said, I'm a new teacher here." Tzuyu repeated her statement. Well, she knew that Tzuyu is super smart. Already graduated university at the age of 13, got her master at 14, and PhD at 15, she was recruited to Mega ranger project when she was 16 to develop the morpher, the suit, the weapons and of course, the robots. Her age, young looks, and the fact she still liked to wear school uniform, didn't give away her education pedigree. "Okay. I get it. You're a teacher here now. But, what the ? What makes you accept the job as a teacher now...Professor?" Chaeyoung asked still holding her lips that was slapped. "Well, you know. The job with...you didn't pay that well, so why not take another one? I mean, how hard can it be?" Tzuyu said with a shrug. It's true, despite the popularity, people who work in Mega ranger project, including the Mega ranger themselves, didn't paid that well, because most of the budget went to the tech for the hero. So, most of the workers, the scientists and engineers have other jobs. Tzuyu, being a 19-year-old, living alone in Korea, finally get the hit. She just remembered that today is her first day, so she ditched the plan to get some rest.

"Anyway, want to get something to eat before going home?" Tzuyu offered. "You know I don't have much money. I think I'll pass." Chaeyoung said. "My treat for today." Tzuyu rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't ask if I'm not the one who paid. I knew your miserable financial condition." She continued. "Wow, thanks. You sound like Mina already. Interested to be my bully as well?" Chaeyoung said. "So? You're in?" Chaeyoung nodded and the two went to a nearby cafe to get something to eat.

But then

BEEP BEEP BEEP. Chaeyoung's morpher suddenly appeared on her hand and both girls' eyes widened. The Mega Blue covered her hand immediately, afraid that someone might see it. "Chaeng?" Suddenly a voice came out from her morph. It was Jeongyeon's. Chaeyoung tightened her grip on her wrists, to muffle the voice. She and Tzuyu went to somewhere quiet to answer the call. "Yes, unnie?" She asked. "The signal came from somewhere near you. Something happened there?" Jeongyeon asked back. "I don't know. I didn't see anything suspicious...yet." Chaeyoung said. "Okay. I'm on my way. Stay sharp." Chaeyoung said her okay, and then looked around. "Tzuyu, want to come and search around? It's strange, you know. We never had a situation here." Tzuyu nodded and then Chaeyoung opened her morpher and pressed some numbers (not 3-3-5)

"Searching"

The morpher answered and both girls awaited the outcome, but then

"3rd floor"

The morpher said and the girls surprised with the sudden answer. "Well, if I didn't know better, that'll be creepy. Okay. There's something here. Come on. I'll call Jeongyeon unnie." The short girl called her fellow ranger and told her where to meet then headed there. Few minutes later, they met Jeongyeon on the stairs on the second floor. "Oh? Chou? What are you doing here?" Jeongyeon asked when she saw Tzuyu. "I'll tell you later. Come on." The three went up the stairs, and the moment they reached the third floor, Chaeyoung's morpher went wild. The beeping getting louder. "There’s definitely something here.” Chaeyoung lead the way, until the beeping went loudest and suddenly stop. “What the? It’s stops?” Chaeyoung and the other two confused because not only the beeping sound stopped, the morphers of both rangers also disappeared. “Strange. That never happened before.” Jeongyeon said. “Let’s check it anyway. Look around.” She added and the three splits to look for something that might trigger the beep. Chaeyoung entered a classroom and spotted someone on all fours underneath a table. “Hello?” The person underneath the table looked up and it was…Kim Dahyun. “Oh, Chaeyoung. What are you doing here?” Dahyun asked with a smile. “I could ask the same thing to you. What are you doing here?” Chaeyoung asked back. “I’m looking for a pen.” Dahyun said as she continues her search. “Come again…?” Chaeyoung was surprised by the answer. “You lost your pen?” She asked to make sure. “No, no. Not like that. I’m looking for a pen that might fall or left behind.” Now Chaeyoung understand what Dahyun meant. The pale girl didn’t look for a pen, but scavenging for one in a random classroom. The girl’s action makes Chaeyoung chuckle. She then shook her head when Dahyun emerged from the floor with a pen. “Got it.” Dahyun said with a grin.

Tzuyu entered another classroom and looked around. No sign of anyone, but then she heard something. “Zzzzzzz….” A loud snore echoed around the room. “Someone’s sleeping here?” Tzuyu asked to nobody as she approached the source of the sound. At the back of the classroom, Park Jihyo asleep underneath the table, with her bag as her pillow, and opened. Tzuyu tapped the sleeping girl, who immediately jolted awake. “What? What? Oh…Professor Chou?” Jihyo rubbed her eyes as she still half-asleep. “Why are you sleeping here? If you want to sleep, then go home.” Tzuyu said straightforwardly. “Well, I don’t know if I should say this, but I live a bit far from here, and I live alone.” Jihyo said. “Then you should definitely go home. The moment you arrive, you can go straight to bed.” Tzuyu said. “But I actually don’t want to be alone. I can’t ask a friend to come play/hangout with me at home, because like I said, I live a bit far. Not to mention I don’t exactly have friends, since people been avoiding me because they think I’m friend with Mina.” Jihyo said sadly. “Then, you should ask Mina, or go to her home.” Tzuyu said, but Jihyo just bitterly smiled. “We’re talking about the same Mina, right? The arrogant Mina who only care about herself? She only accepted my presence, so she won’t be lonely at school, after that she won’t even look at me.” Jihyo said then looked up to the Professor. “I must admit that I’m amazed you can control Mina today without getting any threat from her. Nobody dares to do what you did today, even the teachers.” Tzuyu chuckled as she understands what Jihyo meant. “I’m not afraid of things like that. You all maybe older than me, but I’m smarter than you and already have more experience in this world. A marshmallow threat from a spoiled brat? Please I can do worse than that.” Jihyo looked at the young Professor in awe. “Wow, I like you, Professor.” She said and it makes Tzuyu furrowed her eyebrows. Realized what she said, Jihyo immediately blushed “No no, not like that. I mean, I like your confidence.” She said looking down. Tzuyu shook her head. “Whatever. So, the only way to take care of your boredom was to sleep here?” She asked. “No. It’s the first time I sleep here. Usually, I just roamed around the campus, at least there are people here.” Jihyo said. “Then, do you want to join me and my friends? We’re about to have lunch. Don’t worry, my treat.” Tzuyu offered and Jihyo looked up again. “Are you sure?” She asked. “Why not? You look pitiful right now and might need a little company.” Jihyo was flustered by the reply. “Wow. You’re being nice to me and then you insult me. Alright, since it’s your treat, I’ll join.” Jihyo said and Tzuyu reached out her hand to help Jihyo stand up. Once they’re out, they met Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Dahyun.

“Oh Chou. Here.” Jeongyeon waved to her. “Who is that girl?” Dahyun asked Chaeyoung in whisper. “She’s a new teacher here, and she’s our friend.” Chaeyoung pointed herself and Jeongyeon. “WHAT?” The two (Jeongyeon and Dahyun said in surprise simultaneously) “Since when Chou is a teacher here?” Jeongyeon asked. “I thought that girl is a student. She looks so young.” Dahyun said. “To answer your question and statement, today is her first day here, and yes she’s young. She’s the same age as you and me.” Chaeyoung said. “What the actual , Chou? You never told me that you became a teacher here.” Jeongyeon said when Tzuyu and Jihyo stand in front of them. “That’s because you neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter