Chapter 2

The Bully and The Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, it's been a long time

Anyway, just passing by

Enjoy

Mina looked down, feeling uncomfortable by the stares she received at the moment. Mina was left with three girls, but not just any girls. These three girls are turned out to be three of the five famous heroes, the Mega ranger. Where's the other two you asked? Well, it turns out she has been messing with the wrong people. Yes, Mina was indeed a spoiled girl who only stand behind her family's wealth. A girl who was overly loved by her uncle, a girl who thinks she could do anything and get away with everything. Mina indeed is a , her only friend (more like someone who could tolerate her behaviour) at school is Park Jihyo, other than that, she hates everyone, and nobody like her either, but too afraid to say anything because her status. Mina liked to mess with people, knowing they won't fight back or feel her wrath. But the moment she saw Son Chaeyoung, she felt disgust. The short girl only managed to get into the university via scholarship, something she despise. She always thought there's a reason why education is so expensive, because knowledge is also expensive, that's why she hates those "freeloaders". She tried everything to get Chaeyoung annoyed and eventually drop her education, but she was persistent. So, Mina seek another side of her fun. Because she knew Chaeyoung won't retaliate (due to her uncle also pay for her scholarship), she decided to make Chaeyoung's life in campus a living hell. Never she realized that could be her downfall.

Flashback 1

"What are you looking at? Scram!!!" Jeongyeon yelled the moment she exited the toilet, and the students all disperse, leaving Mina alone, still sitting on the toilet floor. She looked around the place, and it's like war zone. Tiles smashed, mirror shattered. The only thing that's missing was blood, Chaeyoung's blood, because she was the one who caused this. How that small girl managed to do all of that? The mirror was shattered to pieces the moment Chaeyoung's fist hit it, and the tiles...how many did Chaeyoung smashed? A lot for sure, because basically this place needs a huge makeover. Luckily, Chaeyoung didn't any of the plumbing, or it'll be a total makeover. Thank God Jeongyeon arrived on time and managed to calm Chaeyoung down, despite she's in a different department. Still shaking, Mina tried to stand up, careful not touch the pieces of shattered glass. She went out of the toilet and looked around. No students in sight, especially Chaeyoung. But the moment she saw some students, heads were turned, and some shook their heads. One thing in common, they all looked at her in disgust. She already used to it, but this time it's different, because she heard one said, "She should thank captain Yoo from the football team, or her pretty face will be non-existent by now." And the other said "Honestly, I don't mind if that Chaeyoung girl hit her, because that's what she deserves." But when Mina glared at them, they turned and walked away. Then, she spotted Chaeyoung sitting alone on the bench, looking down to her lap, still holding the watch while her tears fell to the broken object. She smirked, knowing despite Chaeyoung's rage outburst just now, she still win, because she didn't cry like the short girl. "Dahyun, wait!" Her head turned to her left, where some students stopping a girl from going to Chaeyoung. "But I just want to cheer her up." The girl named Dahyun said. "We know, and we want that too. But I think for now let her be. She needs some space." One student said, and Dahyun tried to hold back her tears. "That Myoui is just...I mean, what Chaeyoung ever done to her? She gets bullied just because...she's poor, not like her? Where the is the logic?" Obviously, they didn't notice that Mina was there, because they kept badmouthing her, but even when they did notice her, they just stared at her before walked away. More students wanted to go to Chaeyoung, give her comfort and cheer her up, but decided against it when they realized that the short girl indeed some space now. Or maybe they afraid that Chaeyoung will react like before.

"You really outdone yourself this time, Mina." Her friend Jihyo appeared beside her. "Tch, come on. Not you too." Mina said with a chuckle. "You know, I always think that you're actually a good person behind this bully persona. There must be a reason why you decided to act like this. But now I know that this is just who you really are. The kid you bullied cried like that, yet you have no remorse or whatsoever. Don't you have a heart or something?" Jihyo said in a high tone. "You're just like her. You exaggerate things. It's just a watch, her reaction went overboard." Mina said. "A watch that was the last gift from her parents before they die." She looked at Jihyo after the word die came out. "Ah you don't know about her parents being dead part. Of course. Now try to put yourself in her place, ah wait, you can't. At least, the whole department knows that she almost punch you in the face, and you were deadpanned. That'll be a story for a while." With that, Jihyo left her, and Mina's blood boiled because Jihyo was right. This girl (Chaeyoung) just embarrassed her with the whole school watching, she has to get even. And she knows just how to do it.

"WHAT? What do you mean you can't?" Just as Chaeyoung predicted, Mina did actually report to her uncle, but with her version of story, one thing she didn't expect was that the first time her uncle said no to her. "I can't. I don't see any bruises in you, and from what I saw in the CCTV, you're the one who started it." Unbelievable, since when her uncle actually investigates her doing? "I don't care. You have to expel her." Mina demanded. "And for the last time, I can't. Just because you're my niece, doesn't mean you can get away with anything here. Grow up, Mina. You're not a kid anymore." Mina glared to her uncle, and her anger rose when her uncle said "If you're done, please get out. I'm busy." Without even looking at her. Mina exited the room with her slammed the door. "The ? What's so ing special about Son Chaeyoung and her watch? I hate her, I hate her!!! Just watch Chaeyoung, I'll make you pay." She said to herself as she walked back home, didn't realized that she's been followed.

Her encounter with Mega Blue not only distracts her mind from Chaeyoung, but also make her happy. She met her favourite Mega ranger, and not just that, the ranger actually saved her. She arrived at Myoui Mansion with a big smile, but when she saw her father, her expression changed. "Mina. Please sit down." Her father said sternly. Her mother was also there, crossing her arms. Mina sat on a couch, and saw her parents' gaze. They were...disappointed? "So, let's just cut to the case. I heard from your uncle that you got into a fight today with other student." Her father started. Mina stiffened from the memory. "W-Well, that's not my fault. She's the one who almost hit me. She should've been expelled by now." Mina said seriously. "Mina, don't lie to me. I know...we know what you've been doing in campus, and to say we're disappointed is just an understatement. We never raised you to be a bully." Her father said a cold tone, making Mina shivered. "I never thought that you could do something so low, just because someone's financial status. This might be our fault as well, because we spoiled you too much. From now on, I confiscated all your cars and all money in your bank account, also your phone." Mina gasped hearing her father's words then shocked when her father hold her phone. When did he took it? "Father, NO! You can't do that!" She protested. "If you want it back, you have to work and earn your own money. This will teach you how to be humble, and how hard it is to make money." Her father dismissed her protest. Mina was left speechless. She hoped that this was just a prank, but seeing her parents' face, she knew that they're not joking. "Lucky for you, your mother offered her work place for you to start. You'll come with her tomorrow to know the place, and after that you have to go back to campus, I will personally send someone to watch over you, but I won't tell you who." Her father continued, then he put out a phone from his pocket and put it on the table. "This is my old phone. You'll use this from now on." Mina looked at the phone, it was an old model from...6 years ago, perhaps? Before she could refute, her father stands, leaving her still speechless. Then, her mother took his spot on the chair. "I'm sorry, Mina. Your father and I just want you to be a good person, and I think we let you loose for too long. Now, get some sleep. We have to go early in the morning tomorrow. You're lucky your father didn't confiscate your room, but it has some adjustment now." Oh no? What now? Mina rushed to her room, not even said goodbye to her mother, and saw her bed has been transformed into smaller one, and her computer has been replaced (also smaller than her previous one). Her shoulder dropped seeing the state of her room, at least the size of the room didn't shrink, so that's one thing positive. She took a bath, and changed to her pyjamas, before headed to the bed. Aside from the meeting with Mega Blue, Mina's day has been the worst of her life, and she only have one person to blame. Son Chaeyoung.

The trip to her mother's workplace goes quiet, not much talk between the mother and daughter. Mina actually didn't know where her mother is working, nor her current occupation. So, when they arrived at a place outside Seoul, Mina couldn't help but ask her mother. "Mom, where are we?" Her mother just smiled but didn't answer her question as they passed security check. "She's with me. She's my daughter." you said when the security scanned Mina. After a while, they entered the place and you parked on her spot. "What was that all about, Mom? What kind of work you've been doing here?" Once again, you didn't answered and just led Mina inside then went straightaway to a room, and Mina gasped when her mother opened the door. It's none other than Mega ranger robots, Galaxy Mega and Mega Voyager (each of the zords), but before she could ask what's happening, her mother walked to a girl, back facing them, in front of a computer. "Tzuyu..." Her mother called and the girl turned around at the mention of the name, but Mina couldn't see her face since her mother blocking her view. "Professor. Good morning." Tzuyu said with a little smile. "You stay here all night?" Tzuyu nodded. "I work on the upgrades for both of them." She pointed at the robots. "It's not easy, especially Galaxy Mega. I have to upgrade its operating system first. Thank God you already made the new OS for GM, so I don't have to make it from scratch. I assume you're here with my new assistant? To help me with the test for the Mega ranger?" Tzuyu noticed the person behind Professor you. Mina suddenly tensed. The word assistant from the girl somehow directed to her, she just knows it. "Yes. This is Mina, my daughter. Mina, meet Chou Tzuyu, the Chief of Engineering here." Her mother make way, so she could see Tzuyu's face. She was shocked to see a very young girl, must be younger than her, because she's in a school uniform, and Mina shivered when Tzuyu's eyes met hers. Her normal face is already scary, and she didn't smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter