Chapter 1

The Bully and The Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, let me know what you think

Son Chaeyoung woke up after her alarm rang for about a minute. She checked the clock, and it says 6.30 a.m. "I sleep for four hours. That's a high." She said while her eyes still half-closed. Reluctantly, she got up because she didn't want to be late for her class. She grabbed her towel and headed to the bathroom. After taking a quick bath, she dressed casually before walked to the drawer beside her bed. "Morning, Mom. Dad." She took a photo on the drawer and caress it. "As always, I miss you." Holding her tears, she kissed the photo as in giving her parents a good morning kiss and put the photo back. Then, she took an old watch, which was the last thing her parents gave her before they gone, at her birthday and put it on her wrist. After making and eat her breakfast, she went out and headed out to her university. She walked to nearby bus station and coincidentally, the bus just arrived, so she don't have to wait. She sat herself on an empty seat and looked outside. That's her routine. Along the way, she saw a digital banner. It displayed the Korean rangers, Mega ranger, with their latest robot, Mega Voyager in the background. Just like everywhere else, Mega ranger is very popular and loved throughout the nation. They keep people from harm and always save the day, making the citizens can do their daily activities like nothing happen. Many people idolize them, but none of them knew the identity of each ranger. It's being kept secret by the government, and anyone tried to uncover it, might face jail time, and people are cool with it, as long as Mega ranger done their job. Chaeyoung chuckled, it kinda funny to her. You idolize someone, or five, but only know them from a mask. Before she knew it, the bus already arrived at her university. She got down and the moment she saw the building of her department, she sighed. "I hope she's busy today. Or she's bored with me." Chaeyoung said her mantra. The same words she said over and over again. She looked down as she walk, so she won't attract any attention. She also fastened her pace, so she'll arrived safely at her class, but as she turn around a corner, a foot appeared out of nowhere, and despite she saw it, she was too late to react, and trip, making her fall to the ground.

"Ah, good morning, Chaeyoung. What's your hurry?" A voice said, and Chaeyoung knew who that sound is. The person she tried to avoid every day, without success. She ignored the question and brushed off her clothes, before trying to walk again, but the same foot once again trip her to the ground. Now, everyone's attention is on her. "Very rude, Chaeyoung. You didn't answer my question." It makes Chaeyoung's blood boil, but she can't do anything about it. "What do you want, Mina?" She asked. "Hmm, good question. What can you give me? Oh wait, nothing. Because you're poor. Hahahaha, enjoy your day, Chaeyoung." Mina ruffled her hair and walked away. Chaeyoung picked up her bag on the ground and headed to her class. She sat herself on an empty seat beside her classmate, Kim Dahyun. "Mina again?" She asked as soon she saw Chaeyoung's face, who just nodded. "You know, you should fight back for once." Dahyun said. "And get my scholarship revoked? No thanks." Chaeyoung said. The thing is, Myoui Mina, the school bully, or to be precise, Chaeyoung's bully, are in a family of high class people, the people with power and influence. Her uncle is the dean of Chaeyoung's departement, and her family also funded the Mega ranger project (since the Mega ranger are project between two countries). Basically, she's untouchable, and nobody wanted to get on her bad side. Chaeyoung? She didn't know what she did wrong to her, it's just one day Myoui Mina just started making her life like hell, and the girl threatened her she could get her expelled with just a word to her uncle. She knew about Chaeyoung's scholarship, and also knew about Chaeyoung's financial condition, maybe that's what makes Chaeyoung a perfect target. A poor and weak girl is easy to bully. Well...actually Chaeyoung could fight back and make the same threat to her bully. In fact, she could defeat Mina with one punch and that's it. But if she done that, there'll question asked. How come a small, short and weak girl could do that? (Alright, thanks author) No, she don't want to draw more attention. Myoui Mina is enough. Her thoughts are broke when the professor come in, and just like that her mind are on the lesson the whole day.

After the last class, Chaeyoung went to the toilet to wash her face. She took off her watch before turn on the tap, but the moment she done washing her face, her hand reached for her watch, but it wasn't there anymore. She opened her eyes and saw Mina standing beside her, holding her watch. "Nice watch, Chaeyoung. Never knew you had something like this." Mina said, looking at the watch. Chaeyoung tried to snatch it back, but Mina dodged it. "Hey, I was looking at it." She said as she held the watch above Chaeyoung's reach. "Give it back." Chaeyoung demanded. "Why? It's so precious to you, huh?" Mina asked as she still tease Chaeyoung's height by holding the watch. "Just give it back, Mina. Please." Chaeyoung begged. She still tried to reach the watch, but Mina stepped backwards and smirked. "Ah, I know. It's from your parents, right?" She asked again and inspected the watch. "This is a nice watch, you know. How did your parents get it? Did they stole it? They must be, cause there's no way they could afford this. You know, someone like you are not worthy with things like this." Mina dropped the watch and stepped on it, making Chaeyoung froze. "Oops, my bad. But at least that watch could end it's suffering by being in a poor girl's wrist like you. It'll make it---" Mina couldn't finished her words, because Chaeyoung grabbed her shirt tightly and pushed her to the wall really hard. Then, she saw Chaeyoung's eyes. The girl is crying but anger also visible on her eyes, and it scare her.

"YOU!!! HOW DARE YOU!!! YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO ME, BUT DON'T YOU DARE SAID ONE THING ABOUT MY PARENTS!!! YOU KNOW NOTHING, RICH GIRL!!!" Chaeyoung shouted on top of her lungs while still holding Mina's shirt tightly. Then, without warning, Chaeyoung punched the toilet mirror and it broke to pieces, but Mina got even more scared because Chaeyoung's hand didn't even bleed. "GO AHEAD!!! TELL YOUR UNCLE ABOUT THIS!!! I DON'T CARE, BECAUSE YOU INSULT MY PARENTS!!!" The short girl raised her hand again, ready to punch. Mina closed her eyes, but the punch never come, because someone stopped Chaeyoung's hand. "That's enough, Chaeyoung." A sound said behind Chaeyoung. Mina looked over and there's the University's football/soccer team captain, Yoo Jeongyeon. Which was a bit weird, since they're not in the same department. What she's doing here? Whatever it is, it seems to cool Chaeyoung down and she let her grip off her, but the girl is still bawling, and it gets louder when she saw the watch's condition. Mina plopped down to the floor, panting. She can't shake off Chaeyoung one bit, her grip was so strong. "ARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!" She punched the floor over and over, making the tiles broken with each punch, and Jeongyeon has to hold her to stop her. "Calm down, Chaeyoung. Calm down. Calm down." Chaeyoung still struggling from the older girl's grip. "NO!NO!NOOOOOOO!!!!" Jeongyeon tightened her grip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter