en route

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

So, they are officially a platoon now. 
Still sleepy, Nayeon watches the girls exiting the vans in front of the MNet’s building. A lot of sweatshirts, many more hoodies. Despite the early hour (they are supposed to board the bus at 6:00), almost everyone has their makeup on. Nayeon is amongst them, and she loathes the fact that she had to lose half an hour of sleep. 
No other idols, except the actual recruits, are present. Every volunteer has left their members sleeping peacefully in the dorm and now is accompanied by a grumpy manager-driver only.
Not many MNet’s workers are there, either. The ones to film the platoon’s initial training, have already left Seoul, so there are about five unfortunate ones present to cover the platoon’s departure. 
One camera man films the volunteers cheer themselves up (one phrase per idol), while another one ushers the girls in and out of frame. The third one is filming the girls battle their sleepiness, so the material later can be edited into a minute or two, or else it won’t really look like fun. The fourth crew member is recording the audio, and the last one makes sure that everyone follows the script.
Bare-faced Seolhyun deliberately chats with each idol, who walks up to greet her. The crew is filming their interactions; the most relevant idols will make it to the cut, GFriend and Oh My Girl are the obvious choice.
Not everyone gravitates around Seolhyun, though. Hwasa is being approached by several idols at the same time; Kei being the most persistent admirer of all. Bona is introducing YooA to Jisoo, and both seem to be in the same state of awe. Sowon trades jokes with WheeIn, smiles at Im Nayoung’s sleepy child-like face and then stops in front of Nayeon.
The camera men are making sure to film their hug properly, but Nayeon wants them to kindly off.
Sowon’s asking Nayeon how her morning has been so far, when the bus arrives.
«This is it, Nayeon», her manager pops up next to her, while SouMu’s man beckons Sowon away. «Here are your suitcase and your backpack. Contact us, if anything unscripted happens. Good luck!»
After the managers drive their vans away, the idols are left all alone, to be packed into the camera-less bus, ready to be shipped off to the boot camp. The crew ushers them into the

Please log in to read the full chapter