the voting

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

The interviews don’t go breezy. 
Those ing MCs ask Sinb about Sowon's impending absence, but get only a half-hearted «whatever» in response. The next second, however, Yerin jumps right in, making a huge show out of her non-existent hunger for power, and saves the group from following questions. 
«After Yerin's evil laughter I don't even know how far her comedic powers can go», Jihyo whispers to Jeongyeon. 
The MCs, although still looking kind of shocked, spot Jihyo whispering, so, naturally, she becomes their next target.
«Jihyo-ssi! How sad are you that Nayeon is enlisting today and leaving eight pretty girls alone?»
Jeongyeon answers instead, «Surely, the dorm will be slightly quieter, but only slightly, because Jihyo the Mic is still with us».
Jihyo reacts accordingly: «YAH! I AM NOT THAT LOUD!»
When the ramble of laughter dies down, one MC says cheekily, «Not only loudness, but the percentage of prettiness won’t get significantly lower, either, will it?»
Scandalised, Nayeon hides behind Jisoo and shrieks her protests from there. Jisoo and Sowon, being good friends, start a riot, and soon several groups are chanting «Im! Na! Yeon!», while Twice’s unnies are cackling and giving a thumbs up to the MCs.
Feeling justified, the MCs ask the question, «Who else thinks their Golden Pig’s absence will bring down the prettiness of your group?»
«Unnie is our visual; of course, we will be less pretty without her», selflessly declare Umji and Rosé. 
«Our cuteness will be on a zero level», points out Mijoo.
«We won’t be cool anymore», claims Seunghee.
«We will be rapless», admits Chaeyeon.
Luda nods, «What she said».
«Our high notes will be in the gutter», assume JiU and Yujin.
When it’s gugudan’s turn, Hana shrugs: «Nah, we’ll survive», — causing another burst of laughter and making Twice look at gugudan’s leader with immense respect.
This becomes a matter of interrogation immediately. Choosing between Nayoung and Haebin, the MCs pick the more popular one, and the way they treat her makes Nayeon thankful she’s still behind Jisoo, for she’s not sure she would have been able to pleasantly smile, witnessing the ‘banter’.
The MC's snide question — «Your leader has spoken! Your absence won’t bring the prettiness of your group down. So, who do you think is the prettiest in gugudan?» — makes Kim Nayoung flash that particular smile of hers that she always uses to cover her annoyance.
«I know that Hana unnie will kill me if I name anyone but her», she jokes. «So, Hana unnie».
Hana seriously accepts the praise, but that’s not the end.
«Let's do the poll!» the MC shouts. «Let's ask this year’s volunteers! WHO WILL MAKE THE PLATOON OF 2019 PRETTY?» 
The girls in question try to become unnoticeable. 
Im Nayoung, with her ty luck, gets captured first, and drags Sowon with her. Contem

Please log in to read the full chapter