Chapter 1

Touch

Do you ever get that feeling of pure anger? A rage that engulfs your entire being to the point where your surroundings seemingly turn to dust because nothing matters but that hot, fiery rage that is begging to flow out of you and latch onto its first victim? Well, that is exactly how I felt watching Yuta and Jungwoo kick the out of Taeil. Violence has always been a trigger for me for reasons that are none of your business but the point is I was pissed. Before I knew it I was sprinting at full speed with my fists in the air ready to collide with their stupid faces. In an instant I had thrown Yuta to the ground by his hair and was ready to start messing up Jungwoo's face (which was strangely beautiful for a mafia gang member) with a few upper cuts when I felt a large hand grab my wrist. I was ready to spin round to free myself when I felt a cold sharpness against my throat.

"Damn... Looks like I need to start training my guys a little harder, since when could a dainty lil' thing like you completely humiliate my two best fighters?" Jaehyun's low husky voice accompanied by his sly grin sent chills down Doyoung's spine.

Having Jaehyun be so close to him nauseated him so intensely that he briefly forgot about to knife resting against his throat. Doyoung made a move to break free but halted as soon as he felt a small incision into his skin.

"Haha, oh Bunny, just because I like you doesn't mean I'm not afraid to slit your throat" Jaehyun said through cocky, stifled laughs. "Just kidding, how could I ever hurt the love of my life? Now you be a good little Bunny and watch my guys give your friend here the beating he deserves-"

"Jaehyun!" Johnny's comanding voice boomed through the barren parking lot, causing everyone to snap their heads in his direction for fear of what would happen if he didn't immediately recieve their undivided attention.

However, Doyoung had known Johnny long enough to understand that this powerful howl was nothing but a mask for the cocktail of emotions Johnny felt looking at his boyfriend drenched in his own blood. Taeil and Johnny had been going strong for three years. Those three years being the highlight of both their lives, Doyoung had never known either of them to be any happier than they were in eachothers company. Before Taeil, Johnny was fearless, brutal and frankly a self-absorbed prick. Johnny's childhood had been a show (to put it lightly) and the only way he could think to process that was to make sure no one could ever intimidate or walk all over him again- even if that meant selling his soul to every maniacal thought that entered his head and becoming one of the most feared gang leaders in Seoul. Until Taeil. And now Taeil was trying with every fibre of his being to calm Johnny down with the simple use of eye contact because he knew every sadistic, mercilness act Johnny was planning to perform on his abusers. Without breaking his longing gaze from Taeil, Johnny growled, "What the do you think you're doing?"

"Ah, just in time, Johnny! Doyoung and I were just catching up and turns out he's been dying to join our gang, who knew? Guess he was just playing hard to get as always, am I right Bunny?" Jaehyun hissing those last words into Doyoung's ear awakened a new kind of rage in him and sent him stamping on Jaehyuns foot and shoving him to the ground. This surprise attack only seemed to amuse Jaehyun as he only responded with that cold, gruff laugh of his. "Playing rough now are we, Bunny?" Jaehyun said with a smirk as he dusted himself off. 

"You're ing crazy if you think I'd ever join your gang after what you did to my family you sick son of a " Doyoung bellowed as he readied his fists for another attack.

The memories of his brothers attack were perpetually stained in Doyoung's brain and he never for a second let himself forget that sight- that haunting sight of his brothers lifeless body and that dark figure looming over him and then cowardly scowering off to the woods. Who the else could've done it? Before Taeil came around, Johnny and Jaehyuns gangs were entangled in a war that both leaders had taken it upon themselves to carry on from the previous generation of their gangs. However, one day Jaehyuns gang took it too far and cost Doyoung a brother. Initially upon finding his brother, Doyoung was immediately consumed with plans of revenge against whatever sick did this, but his brothers last words made any idea of vengeance evaporate from his head,

"Doyoung... get out of this world... I don't care if Johnny is your friend you're not joining his gang. There's going on that- look that doesn't matter just promise me... Promise me, Doyoung! ing promise me you'll stay out of this world I- I can't let what happened to me happen to you... they're gonna try persaude you but Doyoung, there's something inside you that they would kill to get, I have it too but you- you can't let them have it y-you just can't... promise me..."

Although his brother's words didn't make sense to him, from that day forward Doyoung could hang out with his friends from Johnny's gang but he could never become one of them, he trusted his brother and he trusted the utter terror in his eyes as the final drops of life flowed out of him. Even if Jaehyun wasn't the one to kill his brother, he was just as guilty as the perpetrator in Doyoung's eyes. 

"Doyoung... please I don't want anymore trouble" Taeil said through gritted teeth, using the wall to support him as he attempted to stand. It was obvious how much pain Taeil was in but he knew what could happen if Doyoung lost control of himself and he wasn't in any condition to help fight back. 

"Maybe you should have thought about that before you bumped into me, don't you know that weak little s like you should watch where they're going?" Yuta said with his threatening tone as he reached to shove Taeil back to the ground.

Just as Yuta was about to strike him Doyoung sprinted over and grabbed Yutas hand but upon meeting his touch Doyoung was met with a blinding pain and intense nausea that send him roughly colliding with the hard stone pavement. 

"Doyoung!"Jaehyun's smile quickly slid off his face as he dashed over to Doyoung's side to catch his head just before it smacked the ground. As Johnny ran over, he paused briefly as he noticed Jaehyun caressing Doyoung's hair but snapped himself out of it and snatched his friend back from his enemy.

"Doyoung? , Doyoung can you hear me?" Johnny's worry filled voice was infectious as even Jungwoo and Yuta peered over to watch Doyoung writhing in seering pain.

Taeil crawled over as fast as he could to check Doyoung's pulse, "Johnny his pulse is slowing down, we need to get him to a hospital". In Doyoung's last moments of consciousness he saw Taeyong frantically rushing to Jaehyun screaming something about a code black, but none of that mattered as the weight of Doyoung's eyelids was getting too heavy for him to bare and all he wanted was to sleep.