HWASA

From The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an ordinary day for the young princess, she woke up with royal guards outside her room standing, food prepared on her table, royal helpers were also outside the room waiting to be called. Hwasa rubbed her eyes as she stood up, she yawned and stretched her sleepiness away. 

 

"Your highness? Are you awake?" Hwasa heard her maid said behind the kelp curtain of the door. Hwasa hummed as a yes and decided to get the day started. 

 

A group mermaids entered her room and the princess swam towards her desk. Her maids was behind her looking at her through the mirror. "Good morning!" Hwasa greeted happily. 

 

"Good morning, your highness." The group of royal maids replied as they bowed to show respect for their princess. Hwasa's adviser swam next to the young princess and grabbed a comb and started the brushing the young girl's hair floating around messily. "Do you have plans for today, your highness?" The adviser asked. 

 

Hwasa glanced to the group of mermaids standing quietly on the side. "Did you have your breakfast already?" The princess asked with a smile making the maids confused and looked at each other. "Not yet, your highness." One of the maids said politely with both of her hands on her stomach and her head bowed down. Hwasa nodded and smiled, grabbed a pair of hair clips on her stone desk and tied her hair, "You're all dismissed, go eat your breakfast. No buts, go." Hwasa said smiled at them one last time before she swam towards her small table where food that was prepared was placed. 

 

The group of mermaid bowed before leaving the room, leaving Hwasa and the adviser alone in the room. "I can see that you have something you want to do today." The adviser said. "Yes! I'm going to play with the dolphins with Sunghoon." Hwasa said happily as she started munching on her food. Sunghoon, her older brother, promised to her that they'll play with the dolphins before his coronation as the kingdom's new king. 

 

"I really just wish the guards and the maid would stop being so overprotective for a day." Hwasa said with a pout. "No offense. I mean my brother Sunghoon will be there. What's the worst thing that could happen?" 

 

As soon as Hwasa got out of her room, two royal guards immediately followed her from behind making Hwasa groan. Hwasa thinks it's useless for mermaids and mermans to follow her around wherever she go, she believed that she lived a boring life. She wanted the maids and guards to spend time with their loved ones instead of following her around. 

 

Hwasa went straight to the throne room where she saw her parents sitting on their throne. Hwasa swam happily towards her parents, Hwasa stopped in front of her dad to show her respect. "Your majesty." Hwasa said sincerely with her hands on her abdomen and bowed her head to greet the king and queen. 

 

"Hwasa, my darling, you're extra early today." Her mom, the queen, greeted her first. Hwasa smiled and kissed her parents on their cheeks. "Good morning mom, dad. Sunghoon promised me that we'll play with the dolphins today." 

 

Hwasa decided to wait for her brother in the throne room with her parents. Hwasa was sitting on her throne beside the queen, trying to pay attention with concerns of the merpeople who came for help. Just before Hwasa died because of boredom, her brother Sunghoon arrived in the throne room. 

 

"Yaaaaa you're late!" Hwasa whined. Sunghoon laughed and greeted his parents before looking at Hwasa. "Aww, you sure are an impatient little mermaid." Sunghoon said to his whining sister, he wrapped her arm around Hwasa's nape and ruffled Hwasa's hair. 

 

-------------------------- 

 

Hwasa and Sunghoon spent hours playing with the dolphins. Due to Hwasa's wishes, guards didn't follow the two royal siblings with their play day. 

 

"Hah! I bet you can do this!" Sunghoon yelled at Hwasa who was resting on a rock while watching him swim with the dolphin. Hwasa smirked and pulled a prank on his brother using her power to manipulate the water. Hwasa laughed as Sunghoon lose grasp on the dolphin. "Heyy, no fair. I can't bend water like you." Sunghoon whined as he watched the dolphin swim away. 

 

"I know. I'm pretty special." Hwasa said and laughed. Hwasa's little celebration was cut off when the dolphins started swimming away and the ground was starting to turn dark, like something was blocking the sun. "Hey, what's going on?" Hwasa asked her brother with worry on her face. 

 

"It's just a ship passing by. Let's go back to the palace. You'll be safe there." Sunghoon said and grabbed Hwasa's hand as they swam towards the palace quickly. By the time they arrived in the throne room guards were lined up across the hall. 

 

"Your majesty." Sunghoon greeted and Hwasa followed him. "There's a human ship approaching." Sunghoon said like a military general. Hwasa was too worried about what was happening. Considering her age, she was scared. 

 

"Human ships rarely pass our kingdom." The King said seriously. 

 

"Are we going to be okay?" Hwasa asked. Catching the attention of her mother. 

 

"Of course, darling. We will be fine. How about you stay with your advis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter