Twenty One

GANGSTER MAID
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was late in the morning when Jiyong had finally got out his room but went immediately inside his study. 

Dara looked up to where he disappeared followed by two men in suits who Lavina had received inside the guest house a while ago. Her attention went to the two kids who were both engaged into finishing up their take home daily exercises on maths, english, sciences and even art. As a mistress, it has been one of her duty into evaluating the kids learning development. 

Eunsung and Jadoo were still serious on each others take homes without even bothering one another about their respective assignments since the strict eyes of the clan's mistress was trained like a hawk to them. Dara and Bom had been their favorite mistresses in the clan although they seemed to be a little uptight in their duty but they also know how to unloose the leash of discipline for them to have fun after they finish their homework.

"Onichan, I'm finish with Maths." Jadoo handed her the math notebook.

"Mine too." Eunsung submitted his own notebook too. 

Dara had gone over their notes, checking and nodding at the same time before she looked up to the expecting eyes of the kids.

"Very good. Now, unto the next and last subject." Dara said in serious tone handing each kid their science assignments.

Eunsung and Jadoo received them without much complain and went about going over in silence while Dara studied them in concentration.

For now, they occupied the living area, sprawled into the carpeted floor with scattered books and some notebooks in there. 

Divina and Lavina hadn't seen Dara so soldier like strict like today before. As if she wasn't handling kids. But the thing is, those kids had no single complaints or threw tantrums on how they were being handled by their nannies. In fact they seemed to respect her the most during study sessions. Every now and then, Dara lapsed into instructing the kids into Japanese sometimes before she would consciously returned into speaking Korean. Pretty amazing with Dara to fluent into languages.

After a few minutes, Dara chose to busy herself into reviewing the kids' notes that they completed a moment ago and withdraw her evaluation sheets for their performance. Bom and her would always do this as per protocol of the clan. They would done so at night after the kids tuck in. However, she was always reminded of her conversation with Jiyong last night and the pain predicated it.

Had she truly confess to him and that would really push him away. For her emotion will be a burden for him. She might be trained to bare pain but it wasn't of no use for the pain inside her chest every now and then. Bom had warned her about what was she trying to do as a maid. First, Jiyong was way, way out of her league. She belonged into a society of mafia. And he belonged into another. But those things didn't stop her from staying true to her feeling for him. Even before she met him, she kept wondering how would it feel like to see him in person. Upclose. 

Dara had her chance. That time she made Jiyong's ring an excuse to see him.Then she made herself into a person who was tasked to care for him and she forgot the things he first said to her. She kept on forgetting everytime he smiled cheerfully to her. He even mentioned about the future. So, he can't blamed her if she was hopeful. In that hope, she let herself be open to him. Hinting him of her liking to him although he would dismiss them as her teasings.

Last night might be his last straw. Maybe he finally saw how serious she was on her claims disguised as teasings. Maybe.

Will she pull back?

But Dara wasn't trained to pull back.

For it wasn't on her forte to do so.

In a fight, where she excelled in frontal match, even if she was hit painfully on her body by her opponent, she didn't made a back step. Instead, she gritted her teeth and continued to strike until her opponent was defeated.

But this wasn't a battle won by force.

This wasn't even a match won by stratagem.

The game of the heart seemed like a new terrain for her. For she had never dealt with it before. Never.

"Onichan, I'm finish." Jadoo was the one to bring her back into the present. She never noticed she was staring in a trance for a while.

"How about you, Eunsung?" Dara turned to him.

But Eunsung was still frowning in much concentration to his assignment. 

"His take home is much more complicated than mine, onichan." Jadoo just said and sat beside Dara who just nodded to her. She placed Jadoo's notebook beside her and reached for the kid's head.

"Come seat in my lap, baby. I'll fix your ribbons for a while." Dara said while Jadoo complied.

Dara loosened her ribbons first and pinned it between her lips while her hands was busy in combing Jadoo's hair. The kid loved to wear her hair in pig's tail so she fixed it that way. She wasn't even done on her work when she heard voices of men getting out from Jiyong's study. Her ears were solely drawn into Jiyong who spoke in low voice to one of those men. She tried hard not to look unto their direction in  the second floor while tying Jadoo's other side of the hair.

Then those two men climbed down the grand stair case and went towards the door in which the butler had approached them and slightly bowed.

Dara inconspicuously studied those men, hearing the butler addressed them as doctors.

So Jiyong called his doctors to his study? For what reason, Dara was very curious. Nevertheless, she wont want to push his button much after their encounter last night.

So trying to ignore it, Dara focus her attention into making a wonderful ribbons in Jadoo's pig's tails.

"You look so good, baby girl." She gushed over Jadoo's puffy cheeks and planted a kiss on her temple. The kid was serious carbon copy of Jessica C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter