Chapter 3: The moment when my life changed

What i'll do for her

"Yumi? Are you alright?" I screamed as Yumi finger moved, just a little tiny bit.

"hm..? Oppa?" Yumi said as she open her eyes, sheilding her eyes from the bright afternoon sun that was shining onto her flawless face.

"Are you hurt anywhere? Yumi?" I asked, obviously worried. I pressed onto the button to call for the nurse.

"I'm," she said trying to reach out to touch my hair but flinched, before letting out a small wimper of pain. Just at that moment, a nurse came into her ward and noticed she was awake. She called the doctor immediately and he came up to check up on her.

I had left the ward and called my parents, informing them she had woke up. They couldn't be here till about 5p.m., it was currently 2p.m.

I looked through the tiny window on the door and peaked through, seeing the doctor checking her head, for some percuilar reason.

" Are you Yang Yumi's relative?" he asked me and i nodded my head, stating I was her brother. He asked to see me privately in his office and i followed him.

---

"I'm sorry, but i have confirmed that Yang Yumi has Alzheimer's disease. It is confirmed early onset AD, thus explaining why she is having it so early at the age of 18. I checked her blood presure, and it was actually above adverage. Do you have any family members that had this disease?" he asked and I nodded my head. My Grandmother had died due to it.

"Then, it must be due to genes. The disease seems to have affected her memory first, but it may affect her attitude, sleeping habits and many more. If it gets more serious, it may affect her to be unable to do basic stuff like changing clothes, multi-tasking and more," he said and I got the shock of my life.

" Y-you are a doctor, surely you c-could have a cure?" I asked as i felt tears drip down.

"I'm so sorry, but there is no cure for the disease." He answered, and i lost control of my body. " What do you mean there's no cure? Your a doctor!" I screamed as i stod up from my chair. The doctor was not startled, most likely many had reacted like me.

" I'm sorry."

That moment, my life changed.