Chapter 4: Telling the truth

What i'll do for her

"We only can hope that somehow it'll change for the better. I'm Doctor Yong, a specialist. I will give her some medicine, and it should be able to let her live longer, and reduce some symtoms." After I had cooled down, the Doctor had brought me to meet a specialist to understand more about Yumi's condition.

"Thank you, Doctor Yong. I'm leaving my dongsaeng care in your hands." I said as I gave him a 90 degree bow. He laughed it off and told me that I should stay by her side and give her support as some patients get depressed and he will do his best.

I trust Doctor Yong, he wasn't the kind of doctor who only worked and take care of patients for money. He only takes in 3 patients so as to be able to take good care of them.

---

"What did the doctor say, oppa?" she asked and I tried to say something, but no words dared to come out of my mouth. Looking at her, lying on a hospital bed while connected to a drip just made me feel so... alone and depressed. I looked at her, figuring out the right words to say when suddenly, the specialist came in.

Doctor Yong told me he would help me explain; many patient's relatives were similar to me, unable to break the news.

Yumi, on the other hand, had tears rolling down, but suddenly, she broke into a smile. She looked at me with her huge round eyes, before touching my hand as I stod next to her. " It's okay, oppa."

At that moment, I knew, it was going to be okay. Even if she wasn't going to make it, I'll enjoy every last moments with her.

She was my pillar of support, especially after that phone call came.