Chapter 3 - Peculiar

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For crazier that it sounds, it was happening.
Jeongyeon sighed. The idea of reality being changed like that was hardly accepted as a good thing. She could force herself to believe what her eyes were seeing but her brain would crash if she thought about how things would be affected. Jeongyeon looked serious at the girls, like a huge mood swing compared with the surprised state from before, weird things were happening to her and accepting what she just saw would be how the last piece of sanity left her. And still, she looked down staring blankly at the floor.
"Are you ok?" Sana asked waving her hands in front of her. Jeongyeon seemed startled and gave another step back, like she was ready to run from there, her breath started getting faster. Mina face palmed, she understood that she had to take some drastic measures. Like her last resource because she really didn't had a like to using it, she snapped her fingers like a casual method but where they were and with the things they know, a casual method could mean a powerful thing. Jeongyeon looked at her and was caught by her eyes. She really didn't expect more craziness to come in. Mina intensely stared, she surprisingly relaxed making her concerns disappear, Jeongyeon was starting to be drawn by a powerful force and for a moment she would do anything Mina asked, the world started to fade around Mina like she was the only thing that mattered, the other shook her head, Jeongyeon nodded.
"Get in" Mina commanded. A pulling force took over her the only she could hear was Mina's voice. Jeongyeon didn't hesitate to get into the house, her thoughts were foggy. Sana let her sit on the couch and told Mina to let her free. Mina snapped her fingers one more time and the force pushing her to accept her commands faded.
Jeongyeon blinked several times before realizing what she just did.
"What the hell did you do to me?" She asked holding her head.
"Mina can be very convincing when she wants to" Sana said. Jeongyeon shook her head and faced her.
"And what the is happening here?" Jeongyeon said raising her voice.
"Calm down" Mina said.
"How? Do you expect me to believe this magic stuff? Like some Harry Potter ? "
"No. We don't have magic wands and dragons... Although it would be really cool" Sana said and that didn't help much.
"What?"
"Look, we're not the enemy here, we are trying to figure out as much as you do, we know you didn't commit any crime" Mina said with her soft voice trying to calm everyone down.
"I heard that before but how do you know I didn't do it?"
"We-"
"And don't tell me that it's a magic thing"
"It's... Well, sort of" Sana said. Jeongyeon looked confused at her.
"We just know and besides, we found evidence in the crime scene that proves it." Mina said.
"And the police still thinks it was me"
"They don't know what we know" Sana said.
"Right... Wait... Why don't you tell them? And why am I telling you this?" Jeongyeon said getting up.
"Honestly, we are the ones that can't trust you or should not trust you. You're a Yoo that doesn't know about magic." Mina said narrowing her eyes.
"Do my family knows about it? What the ?"
"Yes, they do" Mina said.
Jeongyeon looked down thinking, she had no reason to not to believe in them but it was frightening to discover a whole new factor like that. The existence of magic or whatever was happening couldn't be welcomed like that. She felt like her life was a lie.
"Why I don't remember the night of the murder?" She asked, realizing.
"Uhm... They probably did a spell on you to forget and hypnotized you with something to get out of there." Sana said.
'This doesn't make any sense. They are all crazy' Jeongyeon thought.
"I need to go now" She then said, she got up and was about to turn around to leave when Sana's phone started to ring getting everyone's attention.
Sana saw her mother's number on the screen and didn't hesitate to answer, she put on speaker for Mina to hear as well, Jeongyeon just stood near the door.
*"SANA, YOU'RE NOT SAFE. THEY ARE GOING-"*
A piercing noise of wheels burning the asphalt followed by metal crashing came from the call. Sana started shaking.
"Mom! Mom!" Sana screamed, Mina gulped down, it sounded like a car crash.
The sound of an explosion called the call off. Sana blinked the tears out of her eyes.
"It can't be." She breathed out.
Mina focused more in what was said by Sana's mother.
"We have to go" Mina said to Sana that fell on her knees. Jeongyeon stepped back to give them some space.
"Sana, we have to leave now" Mina kneeled in front of her and cleaned her tears.
"Are t-they de-ad?" Sana asked looking down.
"I don't know" Mina answered.
Jeongyeon looked down, other people were probably killed, she doesn't understand the mess she's involved. Then she could hear the sound of a car stopping abruptly near the house, since a window was close, she looked through it and notice about three guys approaching the place, what surprised her was the sight of the guns that the guys were holding, one of them pointed it to the house.
"Hey, GET DOWN" Jeongyeon screamed to Mina and stepped away from the window.
The bullets teared the glass of the window while Jeongyeon covered herself in a corner, the cozy room quickly turned into a mess of broken furniture and shattered glass. The noises so loud that made their ears ring. Sana curled against Mina that was trying to find an escape route.
"RUN" Jeongyeon screamed when she saw a grenade rolling through the floor, she did a smart movement she didn't know she had the capacity to do, she rolled quickly to the floor to get in the other side of the room, landing behind the couch and near the girls.
Their ears buzzed even more when the explosion destroyed the surroundings even more, Jeongyeon was protecting her head expecting to get hurt but felt nothing, quickly, she looked around, they were surprisingly unharmed, like an invisible force shielded them, the pieces of metal from the explosion landed everywhere around them but stopped right before hitting, the pieces floated in the air for a moment before falling down like nothing. Jeongyeon blinked several times and scanned around just to see Sana passed out in Mina's arms, they were still on the floor.
She saw a potential escape route and wanted to run but, Mina held her arm just in time, the gunshots could still be seen passing the windows.
"Let's go" Mina screamed the loudest she could.
"You go! I don't want to be involved in this, I have my own problems to take care of." Jeongyeon screamed back. Mina wanted to smack her in the head. And they said Yoo always helped.
"I can't leave without her. Help me, I can't get in my car alone" Mina said showing Sana rest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter