Chapter 12 - Expectations

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one likes to be confused.
The silent wind blew her black hair out of her eyes, Mina was sat staring the stars above her.
It had been a struggle to convince Tzuyu to let her walk out of the lab, but after a while she allowed, although, she couldn't stand anymore the number of tears that Mina dropped of her eyes, her cheeks were all puffy, the only thing she did the past day was sleeping and crying, well, she ate too but barely. Mina's pale skin still showed signs of bruises and purple spots, especially on her arms, her forehead had a slightly visible mark of the accident near her eyebrow. Even though she was now outside of the suffocating walls of the lab, her heart was still throbbing of worry, if only she had a way to contact Sana perhaps her mind would be in more ease.
The scenario was breathtaking there, she can't deny, it took her attention for just a moment. She understands why Tzuyu chose that place to live, away from everyone and with only the darkness to worry about, but the other doesn't seem to enjoy the nature around her so much, she stays in the lab most of the time. Mina was outdoors, in a small area near the living room, since her leg is bad she still can't go upstairs but, the last day she walked around the ground floor looking for a good distraction. Tzuyu doesn't do much of a noise while walking but since there were just the two of them, Mina quickly assumed that it was her coming closer when a set of footsteps grew louder.
"Here" Tzuyu said, standing by her side and showing her a bottle of water.
"Thanks" Mina said with her small voice, her gaze still locked elsewhere.
"I'm doing my job" Tzuyu said, Mina didn't dare to look at her.
Soon it became silent again, Tzuyu was still there and seeming like looking for where the other was so interested in seeing.
"You cry a lot" She broke the silence after getting bored. Mina didn't answer that either, just looked down.
"That's why I brought you water" Tzuyu completed, no life in her voice, for what Mina can tell at least, she hummed.
"They told me" Tzuyu suddenly said, in fact, she was with that in her mind since Mina woke up but didn't have mastered up courage or opportunity to tell her directly like the moment. That made Mina look up at the standing girl, she seemed even taller with her hands behind her back.
"About the magic thing I mean, the other girl, Sana, she showed me and they told me what you can do" That was actually the biggest sentence that Mina had heard the other saying the whole day.
A fine line of light came from the horizon. The sun would come up soon.
"You're wondering why I don't use it to leave this place right?" Mina asked seeing the girl with a curious gaze. And since she really can make her drive away to find Sana.
"Exactly" Tzuyu said squinting her eyes a little suspicious.
"Because she said she will come back here" Mina said, her voice sounded wavering and soft, very different from when she threatened Tzuyu not so long ago, she ended up humming with the conclusion. The stars were slowly disappearing from the sky, some mixing with the sunrise that was getting brighter by then.
"Do I have to go back to the lab?" Mina asked, she was fidgeting nervously now because she had to admit that hospitals or whatever that was, weren't her favorite places.
"Hm, no. You can stay in the room at the end of the hallway" Tzuyu said, her own room was located in that hallway of the ground floor because despite of liking her house, Tzuyu wasn't a big fan of stairs. She looked at Mina one more time, she was staring the horizon again, her side profile looking tired. After that, Tzuyu turned her back to walk away and go to do her tasks, leaving Mina alone after getting her questions answered.
>>>>>
The sun had already come up by then. YoungJae was mumbling something while driving fast. Sana was slow to process the situation, only when they got in front of a big hospital.
"We can't go there" She said and held her head. She was sat on the passenger sit on YoungJae's car. The guy realized that she was now awake.
"Why not?" He asked preoccupied.
"They will find us." Sana said, the guy stopped the car and looked at her, for him, she was definitively bad of the head, and he is sure that that's a really good scientific explanation for the things he just saw.
"You passed out, we're going there anyways, if they find us, the police will take care of it" YoungJae said and was about to open the door of the car. She held his arm.
"You saw right? What they are capable of, don't tell me you're not convinced that the police can't take care of them alone" Sana said, she let him go and started fidgeting nervously.
"I'll take my risks." YoungJae said, starting to think that the girl is crazy. He was about to open the door and Sana really didn't want to do that but she had to, she used a bit of magic to lock the door and turn the car on. YoungJae widened his eyes.
"Now you believe me?" Sana said.
"What did you do?"
"It's magic, I have magic, they have magic" Sana said, she was tired, her head heavy, she was also preoccupied because she had no sight of Jeongyeon.
"What? That's insane"
"But, you just saw, you have to believe me" She said. Right then, the police radio emitted a sound and YoungJae had to take that.
"What?" He asked to the person on the other line.
*"Detective? We found the bodies, one is alive"*
"Good, it was me, the other shot me first, take care of them and I want full vigilance in the club near the scene, they kidnapped someone and I think that Yoo Jeongyeon is involved" YoungJae said and put the radio back. Sana chuckled bitterly, they stared each other.
"Jeongyeon was the one kidnapped." She said sadly.
"... Tell me more" YoungJae said curious.
"She is helping me since the beginning, and now she is in trouble." Sana said looking down.
"Helping?"
"Yes, and she didn't kill Mark Tuan, they did, and now Jeongyeon is in trouble because of me"
"You realize that what you're saying will make my investigation change completely right?"
"Yes, you have to help me"
YoungJae hesitated for a moment, he is a logical guy but magic didn't seem so impossible after seeing it several times the last hours, maybe if he helped her, she could explain better.
"Sure, I'll help you" He said.
"Ok, no police and no hospitals. We need to go back to the safe place"
"Safe place?... Ok, guide me" He said and reached for the keys to turn the engine on again, but Sana was faster than he was and the key kind of flew to her hand. YoungJae widened his eyes again. Magic was amazing and weird at the same time.
"You have to promise first, to help me and don't call the police." Sana said showing the keys. YoungJae sighed.
"I promise that this will be kept between us." He said.
"And that we're going to find Jeongyeon and save her" She said, taking the keys away from him again.
"Yes, I agree with your terms" YoungJae said, Sana gave him the keys and they proceeded to Tzuyu's house, in the case, YoungJae still had his doubts but his instincts didn't say that the girl was dangerous at all, and he always trusts his instincts.
>>>>>>>
Jeongyeon woke up with a familiar smell by her side, it smelled like the shampoo she usually uses, she buried her face on her pillow and shifted on her bed, finally, she was home.
She got up, stretched her back, opened the windows to let the morning sunlight fill her room, she looked around and saw everything impeccably clean, even if she couldn't really decipher some things there, she preferred to shrug off the concern. The perfectly painted hallway of the apartment brightened the mood when she got out of the room, just remembering that she had to eat to continue the day, it looked like a scene of a movie were all events starts happily and brilliant as it ever will be. Jeongyeon fixed her hair without even looking at the mirror and realized that she actually doesn't know what she was going to do that morning, a quick thought of confusion came inside her mind and maybe she wasn't supposed to feel that way in such a beautiful day. Just when the smell of burning food encountered her senses that she got out of trance, that meant that she was cooking again and it wasn't a good sign since Jeongyeon knows her deeply and never saw the girl making a meal without making a fuss. Jeongyeon rushed her steps to get in the kitchen, as known as the place where the other girl couldn't enter without supervision, and she shook her head seeing the other fighting with the flames of the stove, oh, she was so stubborn.
"What are you doing?" Jeongyeon asked a bit annoyed.
"Cooking" She responded, holding a frying pan with burned eggs and throwing it anywhere near the sink.
"No, you're not" Jeongyeon teased, walking to her to see the full damage of her precious kitchen. She wanted to be mad at the number of things which she was able to stain the counters with and the sink, but she ended up sighing.
"Nayeon, why didn't you wake me up?" Jeongyeon asked trying to wipe away the mess.
"I was really hungry and... I wanted to surprise you" She said with a wide grin, Jeongyeon looked at her matching the expression even though she wanted to laugh because she looked like a crazy girl with her apron a bit stained, her hair messy and still holding another pan. Jeongyeon stepped closer to her, leaving aside everything that was happening, with a wide grin on her face.
"You didn't have to, go order something for now" Jeongyeon said taking away the pan and placing in the sink. Nayeon was trying to take off the apron. She noticed that.
"You look stupid." Jeongyeon said, earning her a smack on the shoulder, Nayeon pouted.
"Mean. Help me" Nayeon said opening her arms, Jeongyeon came near her and hugged her waist to reach her back and undo the knot of the apron, while Nayeon wrapped her arms around her neck. Jeongyeon was successful and the ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter