Chapter 23 - Direction

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Author Note:

A quick regard of what happened so far:

So, I feel like I need to explain a few things happening in this fic.

By now, there are two distinct groups of people going after Sana. JaeBum and his evil friends and then, apart from him, the people working for his mother. They need a few things. Firstly, Sana (obviously). Second, something to take Sana's powers, being it the necklace that belonged to Jeongyeon's mother that they found in the house of Jeongyeon's father that is actually an old artefact ( I can't name things bc I am not creative enough) containing magic (that supposedly didn't even exist bc they should have destroyed all ages ago) or, alternatively, the substitute of the artefact that is the thing YoungJae got beaten by JaeBum for, that I stupidly named the "fake artefact" (often described of little metal ball or weird metal ball) because I am stupid and reallyyyy can't name things. If the second alternative follows, they need Jeongyeon for a reason I tried to explain in the following chapter. The "bad guys" need those things to do some sort of ritual to take Sana's powers from her (and saying this in my head, it sounds ridiculous).

So right now, the "good guys" have the fake and the real artefact and have Sana(wow really? Its not like she is a possession or anything, just saying) and are at the hotel with Jihyo trying to rest a bit and think of a plan with the new information. But JaeBum found them and took Sana, Jeongyeon and the fake artefact with him. Also, Jihyo got caught in a suspicious phone call for what I can remember bc as someone that is accompaining this fic you probably noticed that I take a billion years to update ahaha, not my fault though I am not creative enough to come up with things fast and like I read this five times( so it takes time) before uploading bc anxiety but you'll probably still find typos and stupid english errors. Enough about me lets goooooooo.

Then the following events happened.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Worry clouded her mind, she had made her way through as fast as possible, Mina knocked at the door for about three times and was starting to lose her enormous patience. JaeBum had even been smart enough to lock the room before leaving.
While Mina tried her best, Tzuyu had just left to the other room to see if the others were there, but, as expected, after a minute, she got back with a horrified look.
"You need to see this." She warned. They followed in suspicious, Mina holding Jihyo by the arm and YoungJae walking a bit behind them.
Inside the room, they could see all of their belongings scattered around the floor, along with their backpacks already empty. Then they went to YoungJae's room and the same thing could be seen.
"How? It can't be" Jihyo was the first to gasp. They were curious with what that meant.
Mina exhaled deeply before letting Jihyo go and quickly got back to the other room. She used some complicated skills of her own to picklock and so to open the door just to encounter what she feared the most, an empty room.
Mina was about to cry when Jihyo appeared at the doorstep. She angrily looked at her and that time she successfully punched the girl. Jihyo stepped back with the force of the punch and held her cheek in pain.
"It wasn't me" Jihyo was able to mumble. When Mina was about to give her another punch, Tzuyu got in front of her and stopped her hand, she felt the pain of the strong punch on her palm and sighed.
"Calm down Mina, I need you to breath and think straight" Tzuyu wasn't calm, on the contrary, she was just as mad as her, but Mina had to be controlled or the problem would grow bigger.
"Let's hear what she has to say, after all she's our best clue." Tzuyu said with reason, eyeing Jihyo, that was cleaning the blood on the corner of her lips. Right then, YoungJae stepped at her side and pulled his gun to her head.
"And you better not to lie again" He said serious.
Mina agreed and pushed the girl inside of their room, finding the key and locking the door in the process. Jihyo sat on a bed there, Tzuyu started walking back and forth while Mina and YoungJae stood in front of Jihyo, the detective still pointing his gun at the traitor.
"I told you the truth about everything, but that's not all I know" Jihyo started saying.
"Where is Sana?" Mina asked coldly.
"I swear I don't know, they're not even here yet, Sana and Jeongyeon were supposed to be here"
"You are lying" Mina muttered out in anger.
"Who are them? Who are you talking about?" Tzuyu asked thinking, not even looking at Jihyo.
"I can't tell you or..."
"Are you kidding me? You better tell or your life ends here" Tzuyu raised her voice.
Jihyo didn't finch, just closed her eyes and dropped her head.
"Are you working for JaeBum all this time?" YoungJae asked, but that didn't make any sense. Jihyo shook her head and gazed the floor.
"This is useless, how do we know that she isn't lying again?" Mina said.
"Did you try to use your powers?" Tzuyu asked.
"It was the first thing I did, and it didn't work. I can't use magic for some reason and I swear that if it is because someone is hurting Sana I'll kill you." Mina sat down on the other bed, rubbing her temples. Tzuyu approached and also stood in front of Jihyo.
"YoungJae? That thing, the little metal ball, fake artefact I guess was with you?" Tzuyu asked.
"No, it was on my backpack. I already searched for it and it's gone"
"Okay. But" Tzuyu said, taking out of her pocket the real artefact.
"We still have this one, it was with me all the time." She said. Well, at least that happened.
Then Tzuyu turned to Jihyo.
"Did you just join us to know where we were?" She asked.
"Yes but..." Jihyo looked up.
"I saved the detective because I wanted to. At that hour I wasn't planning to betray you all. But things changed"
Tzuyu frowned.
"What did they take from you?" She asked. It looked like she pushed the right button, Jihyo looked away.
"Nayeon..." She mumbled. Even though she wasn't supposed to tell that, she had no way out.
"I thought she was safe." YoungJae said, putting his gun down.
"I also thought so but, the day I saved you, they called me and said they had her... I talked with her briefly. You have to understand that I wouldn't do this if she was safe and-"
"That's enough" Tzuyu stopped her.
"Mina, do you know why your magic isn't working?"
"I have no idea" Mina was with her head buried on her palms to prevent her tears from streaming down.
"What if they did something with Sana? The last time this happened..." Mina's eyes were blurry, her voice cracked.
"No, it has only twenty-five minutes they're missing." Tzuyu said.
"Right now, I need you to think with us and we can find them again" Tzuyu said but she bit her lip, she was saying those words, but according with what she knows, whoever took Sana and Jeongyeon already had all they needed, it was only a matter of time by then. She was right though, JaeBum was trying to go as far as possible to finish everything. Or start again like he thinks.
Mina was right in some twisted way, the moment Sana's powers were slowed down everyone's powers were gone for the moment.

Suddenly Jihyo's phone buzzed, YoungJae immediately pulled his gun again and pointed at her.
"Answer, and don't tell anything suspicious" He said, the gun touched her forehead.
*"I don't see them, you said they should be downstairs"* A male voice could be heard at the other line.
"We're upstairs, you know the rooms." Jihyo said serious.
*"Hm. We're coming"*
"Wait. What did you do with her?"
*"Nayeon is here and she's fine I guess, I will leave her at the parking lot, but only after I get what I came from"* Like that, the call ended.
Jihyo's eyes widened, since Sana and Jeongyeon weren't there, she realized that everything she did was in vain.

"Sorry, I had to tell them something or else..."
"Enough. It's better if we leave now." Mina said.
"Please, you have to help me!" Jihyo exclaimed lowering her head at them.
"Why would I do that?" Mina asked.
"Because they'll kill her." Jihyo pleaded. Tzuyu clenched her fist.
"Look, everything I told you is the truth beside of this and I really saved your life at that time"
Sometimes the truth is all a person has to offer. They looked at each other. Honestly, Tzuyu has a consciousness that wouldn't allow her to leave behind a person she could save.
"Fine!" Tzuyu said. Mina shook her head but she didn't want to argue more.
"You can come with us but after we get Nayeon I don't want to see your face ever again, and I think I can say this in behalf of the others" She said, Jihyo stood up and thanked them.
They left the room, it was still quiet at the hallways, the hotel was big but they had luck that the others didn't find them yet.
Until they got at the lobby.
A group of bodyguards was already at the entrance just in case, but they didn't even think about going through there, in fact they wanted to go to the backdoor of the place in the area of employees only, Mina could do that easily if she had her powers but, that wasn't the case.
They looked at each other and nodded, expecting to do everything according to their plan. Mina lead the way and they did their best to remain unnoticed but yet, when Mina was about to open the door of the employee's area, another employee opened from the inside and unfortunately, it was a bodyguard that was scanning the area. He quickly pulled a gun at them since he recognized that it was the group they were looking for.
Tzuyu, Mina and Jihyo looked at each other for a second.
"Boss, I found them, they're near the backdoor" He alarmed his boss with a communication device.
"Good, let's all go to the parking lot, it's the only place empty" Their boss said at the other end.
Mina didn't fight back, Tzuyu seemed to follow her lead and Jihyo did nothing but obey. More guards arrived and it seemed that there were all of the bad guys there.
That group was practically dragged to the underground parking lot. Jihyo couldn't hold her tears anymore when she saw Nayeon's body laid on the floor, lifeless.
"No" She sobbed covering . They all could see a set of cars all looking the same and a black van, surrounded by bodyguards but one person contrasted in all of them and they assumed that the guy was the boss.
"You promised me to keep her safe." Jihyo cried more while pointing angrily at the man.
"But I didn't say she would be intact" The boss said without making an expression. He stepped forward, his presence was crushing their hopes and when Tzuyu and Mina looked better at him, they just knew it.
"You're Gong Jihoon." Tzuyu said clenching her fist.
"Yes. Where are the others? I thought there were six of them?" The boss asked, not minding the powerful glares at him.
No one dared to say a word. The man shook his head and crouched by Nayeon's side, pulling her head up.
"Tell me now, or else" He said. Jihyo could see Nayeon's eyes opening a little bit so there was still hope.
"They're gone, you came too late." Jihyo said quickly.
"What do mean too late? Did they escape? Did they know we were coming?"
"No! Someone took them before you." She answered.
The man pushed Nayeon's head back to the floor and got up, cleaning his hands and glaring at his bodyguards.

"Hey, I know you guys were in my house earlier. And you were able to open a secret compartment on the wall. Damn, I didn't even know that exist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter