Don’t Look Back in Anger - #3 (Epilogue)

To Infinity and Beyond

Months later....

“Seungyoonie, stop with the pouting.” Mino nudges Seungyoon gently with his arms. “Pretend to smile. A big one.”

Seungyoon refuses to listen as he sits on the couch, still with a very visible and clear pout on his red lips. He’s all dressed and looking gorgeous as always, his pout is really out of the place. Mino is right by his side, wearing his matching track suit, petting and Thor softly. It’s 9.30 AM, they’re up and all dressed in the Cat House... not a very common view. Simon and Hoseob manager is busy walking back and forth between kitchen and living room, talking in soft whispers to their phone. 

Mino glances at the closed door of Jinwoo’s room, wondering what takes the hyungs so long inside. He’s impatient - confused with his own feeling; half of him wishes this day never come, and the other half wishes the day to be over as soon as possible. He steals a glance at Seungyoon who is sitting up straight - so tense, for what, Mino doesn’t understand - and think to himself... how are we going to make it through this time.

Click! The door to Jinwoo’s room opened but Hoony is the one walking out, strides relaxedly with a tiny smile on his lips. He and Mino made eye contact as Hoony stands beside Yoon who is still only sitting and pouting.

“He’s not ready?” Mino urges Hoony, eager for an answer. 

“He’s taking his time with the pets. Let him be, we have time.” Hoony smiles. “Ya... what’s going on here. Song Mino, why is this kid pouting like this?” 

“Not me, Hyung!” Mino is quick to defend himself, for no reason at all since he knows Hoony is only fooling around. “He wouldn’t listen to me I told him to stop pouting.”

“Who are you to tell me things to do,” Yoon snaps and holds out his tongue to Mino. Hoony laughs and crumples Yoon’s hair playfully. 

“You two need to fix this, sooner the better. Ok?” 

That moment they hear the door to Jinwoo’s room opened again, and this time the cats running out, before seconds later their owner follows. The eldest Hyung looks fresh and handsome with a matching pair of black pants and jacket, with a white t-shirt under. He carries a cap with him, revealing his buzz cut haircut, the new look he’s sporting since last night, and will continue to sport for at least the next 2 years. 

“What’s going on,” He walks towards his three younger brother, smiling. Seungyoon looks at him intently with his puppy eyes, clearly asking for Jinwoo’s attention.

“Hyung...don’t go.” 

Yoon’s soft whiny voice leaves Jinwoo speechless. His enlistment is coming and the three brothers will go with him there, after them spending a lot of hours last night eating BBQ and drinking and sharing stories and concerns. He thought they’re all finished being cheesy and dramatic, but clearly not, especially for Seungyoon.

“What do you mean, Seungyoonie, I have to. You will too, later.” He signals for Mino to scoots to give him space to sit beside Seungyoon.

Seungyoon’s pout becomes even more visible as he is now clearly tries to hold back his tears- Jinwoo is so surprised he thought Seungyoon is done drying up his tears last night.

“How will I survive without hyungs...” he said slowly, choking on his own words. Mino, as always, being the quickest one to snatch a tissue box and takes some to hand out to Seungyoon but the boy is busy sobbing, Jinwoo takes it instead.

“Ya... listen to me.” Jinwoo gently tugs Seungyoon’s jaw to look at his eyes. 

“You, you are Kang Seungyoon. THE Kang Seungyoon. Do I really need to list down all the things you excel at?” Jinwoo chuckles at his dry rhetorical question. “You are capable of doing many amazing things in this world, Seungyoona. You know that.”

“But I wanna be with Hyung...” Seungyoon whines, he really doesn’t care at all about his leader image right now - all he wants is for his hyungs to not leave him.

“Hoony and Mino are still here.”

“Liar! Hoony Hyung is leaving in next two weeks too!” Seungyoon sobs, he still can’t wrap it around his mind that he will need to say goodbye twice in the span of two weeks to his hyungs. Hoony chuckles. 

“I don’t wanna be alone. I hate being lonely.” Seungyoon whispers in between his sobs. Jinwoo wraps his arms around his kid brother, trying to comfort him.

“I don’t wanna have my first solo stage comeback without Hyung,” Seungyoon murmurs. Jinwoo lifts the tissue he’s been holding and start wiping Seungyoon’s tears gently.

“We will come and meet you backstage. Right, Hoony?” 

Hoony smiles and again, ruffles Seungyoon’s soft hair, and nods as he says, “Of course we’ll come, you silly.” 

“I’ll come too, don’t worry bro,” Mino pats his friends back. Jinwoo looks at Mino.

“Mino... take care of our Seungyoon okay? Play with him too, don’t spend all your time with your other friends.” Jinwoo already said it last night but somehow he feels the needs to say it again.

“Of course, Hyung.”

“Be nice be kind to him, do you understand me, Song Mino?”

Now it’s Mino’s turn to pout. “What do you mean. I have it tattooed on my shoulders, be nice be kind.” Jinwoo and Hoony laughs at the sight of Mino being sulky.

“Are we ready?” Hoseob shows up, scanning each members. WINNER looks at each other, before Jinwoo answers “Yes, we’re ready. Let’s go.”